DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    714 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Oooooooo, yes I agree with the fruit machine avatar. I’m super surprised there isn’t one yet.
    But really I’d just like more avatars in general.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    85 times
    Time Online
    12d 20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Oooooooo, yes I agree with the fruit machine avatar. I’m super surprised there isn’t one yet.
    I agree but not for the rarest roll on the Fruit Machine Ive been playing for 18 years and never got the top prize from the machine!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    714 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sa20188 View Post
    I agree but not for the rarest roll on the Fruit Machine Ive been playing for 18 years and never got the top prize from the machine!
    Yes! I hope it’s not the rarest roll. Just a “less common” one would be nice! It took me so long just to get some of the other wheel avatars

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Sam_20188 (04-16-2022)

Pronouns
    He/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    16d 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Why the hell would someone write to the editorial and ask them to purge guilds? They're a big collection of internet history and I'm honestly kind of devastated. Who does it hurt to have old guilds around? God knows that purging guilds won't do shit for the Neopets servers. wtf

Had to step away for a year or so due to life being in the way, apologies for the PMs I missed during that time.
    If you are still interested in a trade or sale from that time, please don't hesitate to reach out to me again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dewgong For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (04-16-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,168 times
    Time Online
    558d 12h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    saaaaaaaaaaaaame

I've been at a standstill for years and probably will continue to be unless I suddenly get much better at games oe much more wealthy for stamps.

At least UBs scratches the itch!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dewgong View Post
    Why the hell would someone write to the editorial and ask them to purge guilds? They're a big collection of internet history and I'm honestly kind of devastated. Who does it hurt to have old guilds around? God knows that purging guilds won't do shit for the Neopets servers. wtf
    I said it above, but I'm also truly devastated by it. They're such a cultural relic. Neopets is excluded from the Wayback Machine, which I do understand why, but god it's such a loss. I've thought about trying to find some way to preserve them all, but there's not really a realistic way to go about it.

I'm a slut for early internet culture, especially the stuff I grew up with (mid-late 90s to mid 00s), and I don't want that to be lost. I feel like the concept of digital anthropology is still too new of a concept to say whether or not this kind of thing would actually fall under it, but I absolutely believe that even if it doesn't, these sorts of things need to be preserved in some way. I understand that storage and servers are finite, but still, I don't want it to be lost. I'm gonna stop talking before I pivot this into a discussion about the internet in general beyond just guilds, but it is part of a bigger pattern I care about, I'm just particularly emotionally connected to guilds.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Dewgong (04-16-2022),TsUNaMy WaVe (04-16-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    54d 11h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    43m
    i think a lot of the old guilds are just bare-bones gatherings of inactive accounts, like 1-3 members with no theme or direction. there's no reason to keep those around imo. but the ones that are shrines of saturated colors dedicated to Guardians of Ga'hoole, those can at least be screenshotted and saved somewhere offsite?

ideally, it would be nice if they had some kind of... dusty corner or something where they can be stashed to the side, like some kind of legacy repository? for guilds that would predate any major changes to the site's guild system upon the site's conversion. i wanna say "UC guilds" but don't think that's quite the concept i'm thinking of, it's hard to explain lol

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Autobot For This Useful Post:

Dewgong (04-16-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    10d 7h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    they should make the fruit machine av any three matching. i wish they would release more avatars in general but i really hope they look better than that new sloth one. i would design avs for free if they'd release them.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shazi For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-28-2022),Ariealle (04-16-2022),DrSloth (04-16-2022),Lyrichord (04-17-2022),Menine (04-16-2022)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,168 times
    Time Online
    558d 12h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Oh I totally know that many many are blank and empty, and that even the relics are inactive and realistically a waste of what is surely very limited server space, I just don't want these things lost like so many things from that era.

I do want more than just screenshot, I'd love something that functions more like the wayback machine where you can completely interact with it pretty normally and navigate if it's probably archived, but I think just the front page would be fine in this case, as I don't think guild message boards and whatnot are is historical.

My absolute dream would be to have a website where every time you reloaded it you would see a random guild homescreen, scroll through their announcements and their of-the-time graphics, funky gifs, all of that. I really like the randomness aspect for reasons that are hard to put my finger on and is getting kind of off-topic for this thread, lmao.

It's something I've thought about trying to take on, but there are just a lot of guilds, and I couldn't really figure out a way to go through the IDs because from what I could tell they aren't sequential, and...it's something I feel passionately about, but it is (and has been since I started thinking about this) just too much of an undertaking to take on for me.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Autobot (04-16-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    100 times
    Time Online
    53d 3h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    46m
    Why are so many of these editorial questions very simple bug fixes? They need to have a bug reports section so we can have other questions answered in the editorial instead...

userbar by lyrichord and drawings by wooloo, hollow, honeycomb, & sugarbee, respectively
    thank you all!
    happy happy SUMMER

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ghast For This Useful Post:

Aero (04-28-2022),Autobot (04-18-2022),Druid (04-16-2022),kittyray (04-16-2022),Lyrichord (04-17-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    44d 9h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    41m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghast View Post
    Why are so many of these editorial questions very simple bug fixes? They need to have a bug reports section so we can have other questions answered in the editorial instead...
    honestly! such a small percentage of questions submitted are answered, which is bad both bc bugs waste places for real questions and because it means most bugs are getting skipped over and over & never fixed (source: I've been sending some similar to that ruki thing for so long with no success)

thank you for the gay rights peo ♥ @honeycomb ♥

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Druid For This Useful Post:

flowerbeans (04-17-2022),Ghast (04-16-2022)