19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    UB Courtesy of: @Munna

Credit for the beautiful signature to: (you need an account to see links)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harvest Goddess For This Useful Post:

Bulbasaur (06-28-2023),goodnightmoon (06-28-2023)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    223 times
    Time Online
    77d 1h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest Goddess View Post
    Oooh that's a good question.

So I started with the harvest moon games, waaaaay back in the day 2000 or so, I personally love the gamecube version but it is fairly different from Stardew.

I think that SOS: Friends of Mineral Town or Harvest Moon Friends of mineral town (if you run a GBA emulator / have a GBA) would be a bit more in a similar vein, if that makes sense.

The mining in AWL is very simple, the seasons are only 10 days ish long, and there are only 6 chapters (that we know of) in AWL, so the game play and pacing is somewhat different than story of seasons.

Whereas Mineral Town you can play as long as you'd like, and it's a much easier transition if you've only played Stardew!

EDIT:

ALSO if you're looking for a game that has dungeon crawling / fighting and farming, I def would also look into Rune Factory.

Rune Factory has a lot of crafting elements, and the stories are phenomenal. They are revamping RF3 for the switch release in september (and you know I'll def have a thread about it)

But I would definitely look into those, and honestly they are some of my favorite games. I just bought a copy of RF 1 for the DS in immaculate condition from Good Will and was binging this before I got AWL!

Edit 2:

The only game I personally don't recommend is Pioneers of Olive Town. Played it in it's entirety and it just felt so different from the SOS and HM games, I wasn't the biggest fan, it wasn't awful but it wasn't great.

I will say - some of my faves would probably be:

RF 2 (Love me that travelling merchant Mei)
    RF Frontier
    RF Tides of Destiny
    RF 5 - the most recent one was honestly phenomenal and they started giving us older bachelors / bachelorettes ugh)

HM: Animal Parade
    HM: Tree Of Tranquility ( same town / characters)
    HM: A new Beginning
    HM: FOMT

SOS (all sans PoOT)
    The DS versions of SOS are just so so good.
    Oh, mkay!
    I'll have to try these games out! I really would like to get into these games as Im a BIG fan of Animal Crossing/Stardew Valley, and these games look like they would be perfect for me since Im home now lol

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bulbasaur For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    4d 10h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Ah dang, I just started playing Friends of Mineral Town YESTERDAY!

I'll have this one to look forward to after I finish.
    Loved these games since I was a kid on the SNES and had to rent Harvest Moon from the grocery store!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldrif For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (06-28-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrif View Post
    Ah dang, I just started playing Friends of Mineral Town YESTERDAY!

I'll have this one to look forward to after I finish.
    Loved these games since I was a kid on the SNES and had to rent Harvest Moon from the grocery store!
    Ugh yes!! I hope you have a good playthrough!!! I love the games so much too - I really hope they do a revamp of Animal parade but I can wish

64 was my first one!! And I recently bought it again off Mercari - last year ish- just so I could have it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvest Goddess For This Useful Post:

Aldrif (07-02-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    714 times
    Time Online
    83d 20h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    NOoooooo why must another game come out?!? I am already struggling between Diablo 4 and Final Fantasy 16 😭 I want to play this but I have no time. I’ll have to wait to pick it up but it looks so cute!

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (06-30-2023),♥ Harvest Goddess ♥ (06-28-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 7m
    Popping in just in case anyone else decided to buy! I finally was able to grab it yesterday. First immediately noticeable favorite things:
    I LOVE HOW FAST WE WALK NOW
    I LOVE THE WALKWAY BY THE WATERFALL/DIG SITE SO I DON'T HAVE TO WALK ALL THE WAY BY VESTA'S

I also really like how they redesigned Murray/Pui to be a whimsical forest friend instead of a ignored houseless person in the town. Very good move on SoS's part, I love him.

I can't decide who to marry. I love all the girls and most of the guys, I almost always end up playing female and marrying female in all of my games and honestly I'll probably keep that up.

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to goodnightmoon For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon View Post
    Popping in just in case anyone else decided to buy! I finally was able to grab it yesterday. First immediately noticeable favorite things:
    I LOVE HOW FAST WE WALK NOW
    I LOVE THE WALKWAY BY THE WATERFALL/DIG SITE SO I DON'T HAVE TO WALK ALL THE WAY BY VESTA'S

I also really like how they redesigned Murray/Pui to be a whimsical forest friend instead of a ignored houseless person in the town. Very good move on SoS's part, I love him.

I can't decide who to marry. I love all the girls and most of the guys, I almost always end up playing female and marrying female in all of my games and honestly I'll probably keep that up.
    So I'm struggling deciding between

Muffy (she will always be muffy they cannot change that.) - because she's just so precious and I always loved her
    Nami - this redesign really made her just so lovely, the small designs like her little hair spikes at the top of her head I love.
    Gordy - Honestly, my favorite redesign and he seems the hardest because he's always busy and focused?? So I can never gift him???

I do also love Gustafa and Matthew, honestly I'm probably going to replay and marry everyone because I can't help myself.

Also I saw the ages for all the bachelors / bachelorettes!

Lumina - 18 (still which is the only reason I don't really romance her, when I was in my teens and playing the ps special edition I did, because I was younger and adored her, but now as a full blown adult I just stay away)

Rock - 22
    Cecilia - 26
    Nami and Gustafa - 28
    Muffy - 30
    Matthew - 32
    Gordy - 36
    Last edited by Harvest Goddess; 06-30-2023 at 12:04 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Harvest Goddess For This Useful Post:

goodnightmoon (06-30-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her/hers
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    31d 20h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvest Goddess View Post
    So I'm struggling deciding between

Muffy (she will always be muffy they cannot change that.) - because she's just so precious and I always loved her
    Nami - this redesign really made her just so lovely, the small designs like her little hair spikes at the top of her head I love.
    Gordy - Honestly, my favorite redesign and he seems the hardest because he's always busy and focused?? So I can never gift him???

I do also love Gustafa and Matthew, honestly I'm probably going to replay and marry everyone because I can't help myself.

Also I saw the ages for all the bachelors / bachelorettes!

Lumina - 18 (still which is the only reason I don't really romance her, when I was in my teens and playing the ps special edition I did, because I was younger and adored her, but now as a full blown adult I just stay away)

Rock - 22
    Cecilia - 26
    Nami and Gustafa - 28
    Muffy -
    Matthew - 32
    Gordy - 36
    Muffy will always be Muffy, I just ignore "Molly" on my screen. Same for the "Ce" in front of Celia

I agree on multiple playthroughs. I think it has to be done. The kids are SO cute too, I want them all! (My childfree self in real life is cackling at this statement!)

Gordy is SUCH a vibe???? I love his whole self. I think he might be the one man I marry haha. He won't take my gifts when it's convenient for me and I love/hate it.

Okay re: the ages, I like that many of them actually look/feel like adults this time (and clearly are based on what you were able to find!). Too many HM games feel too...juvenile sometimes and I feel weird pursuing and marrying someone haha. I still feel off about Lumina though I saw screenshots in later gameplay where she cuts her hair and looks a bit older which is good, but I've never married her in any of my games because she is a full-on child in my eyes!

thank you Lyrichord for the amazing avatar!

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    74d 12h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by goodnightmoon View Post
    Muffy will always be Muffy, I just ignore "Molly" on my screen. Same for the "Ce" in front of Celia

I agree on multiple playthroughs. I think it has to be done. The kids are SO cute too, I want them all! (My childfree self in real life is cackling at this statement!)

Gordy is SUCH a vibe???? I love his whole self. I think he might be the one man I marry haha. He won't take my gifts when it's convenient for me and I love/hate it.

Okay re: the ages, I like that many of them actually look/feel like adults this time (and clearly are based on what you were able to find!). Too many HM games feel too...juvenile sometimes and I feel weird pursuing and marrying someone haha. I still feel off about Lumina though I saw screenshots in later gameplay where she cuts her hair and looks a bit older which is good, but I've never married her in any of my games because she is a full-on child in my eyes!
    Yesss exactly! I'll be standing in this mans house for 20-30 in game minutes like, "Please take this flower Gordy so I can go milk my cow for a second time." And he's just standing, pondering.

My partner told me I should marry Matthew, and I was like "maybe....depending on if he's Celia driven or not."

I think that's also what I've been loving about Rune Factory - esp 5?? Giving us Murakumo and Lucas? Yes. I hope they start giving us a range of bachelors and bachelorettes that look older - with some mixed in for the younger crowds, but man I'm loving this reboot because the ages are atleast in line with mine.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    13h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I love Wonderful Life.
    its my second SoS game.
    Enjoy it more than Pioneers of Olive Town.