Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Silent Serenity claiming basic coding?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    71d 20h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    Woah, for years I actually thought whitespace and silent serenity were one and the same. This is some messed up stuff going on.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Him For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (07-08-2018)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    183 times
    Time Online
    80d 15h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
Last edited by Forever; 09-03-2019 at 09:52 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Forever For This Useful Post:

genesis (11-28-2018),Sakuras (11-28-2018)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    155 times
    Time Online
    51d 6h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    64/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    9d 7h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    @(you need an account to see links)

I remember way back in the early 2000's when dolls were a thing that transcended hobbo (habbo? ehrs anyways), every neopets shop was tons of glittery .gif dolls and it seemed every girl had her own dolls site.
    In one of the dolls foruns I used to frequent there was this girl that went out and learned all the css and did the most amazing layouts, she was the first person that I saw using 3 nesting divs, one for sky in the distance, one for ground in the foreground and one for sky in the foreground using the background position property + pixel art (and pgn once smooth aliased transparency became available) to make a site that could be viewed in all standard screen sizes correctly...
    And there was this other girl that copied everything after a month or two had gone by, sometimes she had the decency to wait for the 1st girl to update her layout before copying the coding from the previews layout.
    It all was she/said/he/said until the 1st girl got soooooo fed up that she took a photo of the computer screen with the coding and a newspaper with the date visible and posted something along the lines "the code is public but this implementation concept is mine and I'm holding it hostage" or something like that... and that was when the big fight broke out, people in the forum taking sides until MSN messenger prints got leaked of the 2� admitting to copying the content.
    I believe there are better ways of "officially time stamping" proofs of creation, but then you would "buy the fight" as they say here where I live.

• Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234