Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Are any of you pretty much done with neo because of this new site layout?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    52/0
    Mentioned
    518 times
    Time Online
    48d 16h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    �\_(ツ)_/�

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nattiee For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-30-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    38d 23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    I've invested a lot of time into my account(s) and pets so it's very hard for me to just walk away. I spend maybe 2 minutes a day onsite though, and no longer really work on any of my goals. There's just too much up in the air, and Im no longer convinced that Neopets is a good investment of my time. I only feel sadness and frustration at the site these days, but the glimmer of hope somehow still remains. I'll wait and see what the new year brings before I quit over the layout.

userbar by the delightful (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Koto For This Useful Post:

Aero (12-30-2020),Ariealle (12-30-2020),Erik. (12-30-2020),Fabulous (12-30-2020),Fiore (12-31-2020),Meepit (12-30-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I see the total mess with the new layout: Will I ever come back?
    Nope! Still happy without Neopets

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    22h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by RealisticError View Post
    Wait, he's making money off of their product and not being sued into oblivion? god damn TNT have really dropped the ball on this one...

Also there's no way they'll let him get away with the url "neopetsclassic" right?
    Honestly the site seems pretty inactive. I haven't been keeping up on the discord but there hasn't been any announcements on jellyclassic for two weeks (although to be fair it is the holidays)!! The site is fun for a day and then you realize the economy is broken and there's not much to do besides dailies since the boards don't even work and there aren't any games or activities.

As for the new layout - I think web developers anticipate backlash and then begrudging acceptance. See Neo in 2007, hell even facebook and instagram have people threatening to quit over updates. The only difference is that neo is hemorrhaging players anyway and I'm not sure they can survive a backlash the same way a larger website could, or even the way they could in 2007 when they were still relevant. I know a core will always stay no matter what though.

The boards are full of people saying they've cancelled premium, I wonder if that will make any difference.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cooldan94 For This Useful Post:

Mangle (12-30-2020)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,169 times
    Time Online
    558d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by cooldan94 View Post
    Honestly the site seems pretty inactive. I haven't been keeping up on the discord but there hasn't been any announcements on jellyclassic for two weeks (although to be fair it is the holidays)!! The site is fun for a day and then you realize the economy is broken and there's not much to do besides dailies since the boards don't even work and there aren't any games or activities.

As for the new layout - I think web developers anticipate backlash and then begrudging acceptance. See Neo in 2007, hell even facebook and instagram have people threatening to quit over updates. The only difference is that neo is hemorrhaging players anyway and I'm not sure they can survive a backlash the same way a larger website could, or even the way they could in 2007 when they were still relevant. I know a core will always stay no matter what though.

The boards are full of people saying they've cancelled premium, I wonder if that will make any difference.

Yeah, but those sites also know when to push forward and when to listen and roll back. Like sometime in the past couple years instagram changed the interface so that scrolling through posts functioned more like scrolling through stories and everybody hated it and it only lasted a couple of days.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    38 times
    Time Online
    16d 1h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I really love neo so this change hurts. I have a lot of pets to work on, many to work towards to and good friends to chat with. It is my escape from reality. I get calm when playing neo, I enjoy things again, I get motivated to do stuff like drawing and writing. That doesn't happen often.
    I hate the new design really, I wish they would just make the new one look like the old one but oh well. No way I am going to give up on everything. My biggest fear is that this change will be the beginning of the end. If Neopets would end I would be very devastated... I really hope they will listen to us.
    But who knows, right. Only time.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Doom For This Useful Post:

Autobot (01-03-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 20h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 56m
    I'm giving it some time. Hopefully I get used to it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    35/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    2d 3h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    If, within the first few months, we can figure out ABing and the Inventory gets cleaned up I'll probably keep at it. If it takes too long I'll probably try and use CORE until my membership here is over and then hang it all up for a while. I'll check in from time to time and see if things get better but if it takes too long I'll let myself forget about it all for another half decade or so.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    i'm not 100% done with the site but i'm definitely going to take a hiatus for a bit til the dust settles. plus other sites like neo classic are more enticing to me right now despite starting from 0.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    3d 20h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    So far its a hard change to do but I am used to things like this. Other than that I invested way too much time on my pets so I wont be leaving any time soon despite the layout alienates me quite a bit.