DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    468 times
    Time Online
    150d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    Worked on 8:00am NST with some help I noticed. I have sent a message off to Unown in regards to their little Ryu and to doomly as well. I think when userbars get added? New ones? The Ryus come out. I have noticed with two people now that I've sent mails out to, and both had clraik rank. That's all to report today.

Edit: Sometime in the evening run was done. I did a couple and then realized the refresh was happening. A have a theory on behaviour later I will share.
    Last edited by Ariealle; 12-12-2020 at 06:11 PM.

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 23h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m
    @(you need an account to see links) I saw Unown's ryu had woken up so I nursed it back to full heart's but it's still sad.
    (you need an account to see links)

There must be effects to neglect. Maybe if it receives more love it will be happier?

I also noticed owner's who don't log in for over a day have ryu's that sleep longer, possibly a survival mechanism.

Edit: Unown's ryu seems fine now. But for a while I would play with the sad ryu at full hearts, refresh, and the ryu would still be sad. Didn't Da Plushee Boree's ryu throw a similar tantrum after 12 hours of no care? Can't tell if this is normal ryu behavior.
    Last edited by Sephora; 12-12-2020 at 07:37 PM.

Chanel the Ryugotchi by (you need an account to see links)
    yassified-o-lantern by (you need an account to see links)
    Userbar by (you need an account to see links)

Chanel was hatched 11/15/2020

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sephora For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-13-2020),Spiffy (12-13-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    468 times
    Time Online
    150d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I saw Unown's ryu had woken up so I nursed it back to full heart's but it's still sad.
    (you need an account to see links)

There must be effects to neglect. Maybe if it receives more love it will be happier?

I also noticed owner's who don't log in for over a day have ryu's that sleep longer, possibly a survival mechanism.

Edit: Unown's ryu seems fine now. But for a while I would play with the sad ryu at full hearts, refresh, and the ryu would still be sad. Didn't Da Plushee Boree's ryu throw a similar tantrum after 12 hours of no care? Can't tell if this is normal ryu behavior.
    I think you're right. Like. How do I say. Ok. Every refresh, Ryus would have hearts missing, maybe! Some only half, a whole, more than 1, etc. Or none at all! But they're leaving little poops behind regardless. It could mean that the Ryus are content in their happiness, but they're still acting out due to, neglect? Which could be owner's neglect or overall not receiving any attention?? So they could be happy as heck (from the helpers passerby), but they still have a vendetta against you and will "shit on command" (not actually) just to piss you off because you pissed them off before??
    Could it be that their happiness metre is so full, that all they need is a little bit more care from their owner so they will evolve? Maybe we could tag a few users who we notice (maybe consistently) have a poop but full hearts to see if they can interact with them a few times?
    I've noticed, even today after doing the whole revive from empty bit, I refreshed and they were missing another heart and a half and another 1 or two craps, I can't remember. It's like they were saying a big F u, or that is how much they were "backed up." But that wouldn't make sense as even if you clean up after a Ryu at refresh with half a heart empty and 1 poop, once you fill and refresh the page, they could have more to do. That's where my mind boggles. Some of them don't give you extra stuff to do, but some do. As an extra F u like, you didn't make sure you cleaned me up properly before you left. The Ryus with empty hearts will be super sad for a little bit but if you keep playing with them, they start moving around again.
    Which leads to a whole other thought. If you can make sad, unmovable Ryus happy by playing with them with they're sitting, does the play button have an effect, or was it time (however many seconds or minutes), that helped picked them up again? Then leads to asking would the play button have any effect on a Ryu with full hearts walking around already?
    It's like 4am so very sorry if any of this sounds dumb aF.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    44 times
    Time Online
    22d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I had some time this morning and did a quick little check in on a bunch of babies!! Seems like most were doing pretty well.

Thank you for keeping an eye on my Ryu as well, every time I'm able to log in she has been happy and fed. The holidays are very busy and crazy at my work, so it's nice to not have to worry. I'll keep trying to do my part as well!

Disregard reality, aspire to become a magical girl.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiffy For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-13-2020),Nattiee (12-13-2020),Sephora (12-13-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 23h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    I think you're right. Like. How do I say. Ok. Every refresh, Ryus would have hearts missing, maybe! Some only half, a whole, more than 1, etc. Or none at all! But they're leaving little poops behind regardless. It could mean that the Ryus are content in their happiness, but they're still acting out due to, neglect? Which could be owner's neglect or overall not receiving any attention?? So they could be happy as heck (from the helpers passerby), but they still have a vendetta against you and will "shit on command" (not actually) just to piss you off because you pissed them off before??
    Could it be that their happiness metre is so full, that all they need is a little bit more care from their owner so they will evolve? Maybe we could tag a few users who we notice (maybe consistently) have a poop but full hearts to see if they can interact with them a few times?
    I've noticed, even today after doing the whole revive from empty bit, I refreshed and they were missing another heart and a half and another 1 or two craps, I can't remember. It's like they were saying a big F u, or that is how much they were "backed up." But that wouldn't make sense as even if you clean up after a Ryu at refresh with half a heart empty and 1 poop, once you fill and refresh the page, they could have more to do. That's where my mind boggles. Some of them don't give you extra stuff to do, but some do. As an extra F u like, you didn't make sure you cleaned me up properly before you left. The Ryus with empty hearts will be super sad for a little bit but if you keep playing with them, they start moving around again.
    Which leads to a whole other thought. If you can make sad, unmovable Ryus happy by playing with them with they're sitting, does the play button have an effect, or was it time (however many seconds or minutes), that helped picked them up again? Then leads to asking would the play button have any effect on a Ryu with full hearts walking around already?
    Wow, these are very interesting observations! It wouldn't surprise me if ryugotchis need a certain level of interaction with their owner and they can be "backed up" if nobody cleans after them for a long time. Next time, I will refresh after I clean up after an exceptionally messy ryu. I would never neglect a ryu for the sake of an experiment, but I am going to pay more attention if I come across a ryu with low hearts.
    I think ryus do "hibernate" and sleep longer if their owner hasn't logged in for over a day. Wallie, kior, and Mikal's ryus were sleeping for sooo long the other day.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephora For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-13-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    468 times
    Time Online
    150d 11h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    Wow, these are very interesting observations! It wouldn't surprise me if ryugotchis need a certain level of interaction with their owner and they can be "backed up" if nobody cleans after them for a long time. Next time, I will refresh after I clean up after an exceptionally messy ryu. I would never neglect a ryu for the sake of an experiment, but I am going to pay more attention if I come across a ryu with low hearts.
    I think ryus do "hibernate" and sleep longer if their owner hasn't logged in for over a day. Wallie, kior, and Mikal's ryus were sleeping for sooo long the other day.
    First would like to say, CONGRATS ON YOUR EVO! And thank you very much for taking the time to read it all. I thought it wouldn't make sense but re-reading through it now, I think I got most of the observations out. And they could be dead wrong but it's just from what I've noticed. I think the being backed up part is hilarious but it could very well be true (or not). Let me know if you have tested any of these things out! Would love some feedback.
    I agree with you on the hibernating aspect as well. They need to sleep sometimes too. But how do we wake them? Is there a way at all? Or we need the user to login?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Sephora (12-13-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    I just did a sweep and caught loads of Ryus that had 1 - 3 poops needing cleaned. There must not be much traffic on the forums today so far.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-13-2020),Sephora (12-13-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Thanks @(you need an account to see links)! I just did another sweep and many had 1-2 hearts missing with 1-2 poops. Seems like the rate is 1-2 hearts & 1-2 poops every 4 hours? (unless someone else helped in between!)

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rylai For This Useful Post:

Alister (12-13-2020),Ariealle (12-13-2020),Sephora (12-13-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

Thank you for looking out for my Ryu over the past week.

I was unwell and on bed rest for the good part of last week so I didn't have the chance to log on at all.

I thought that if I was not logged on my Ryu would be asleep? But I guess that was not the case D:

If they really would act out because of owner's neglect that would be some pretty amazing programming xD

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-13-2020),Sephora (12-13-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 23h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) @(you need an account to see links)

Thank you for looking out for my Ryu over the past week.

I was unwell and on bed rest for the good part of last week so I didn't have the chance to log on at all.

I thought that if I was not logged on my Ryu would be asleep? But I guess that was not the case D:

If they really would act out because of owner's neglect that would be some pretty amazing programming xD
    Hope you're feeling better now, @(you need an account to see links). And of course, we gotchu!

They wake up during the daytime of your time zone but sleep for longer if you don't log in for over a day, I think.
    Last edited by Sephora; 12-13-2020 at 10:13 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sephora For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (12-14-2020),Unown (12-14-2020)