Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How are the "Nostalgic Styles" (NCUCs) affecting the trading economy?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 1h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    To be honest, the FR rotations are my biggest fear. Originally they made it seems like scrolls would cycle seasonally and be available for months at a time, and instead it's like...ten noncontinuous days a year or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post

Just had an irl neofriend message me about how they're planning on quitting now because they don't think they'll be able to get the names they had been working up towards. It's really sad.
    I'm not quitting over it, but I've had some fun with bargain bin RWs and it occurred to me that they're gonna be much harder to trade for and it's overall a big bummer.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Aero (02-02-2024),birdies (01-25-2024),caviar (01-25-2024)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    402 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    what's the difference between deluxe styling supplies and regular supplies?
    When using Deluxe Supplies, you can choose your pet color, but the Regular Supplies will result in a random color from the available colors.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Alister (01-25-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    To be honest, the FR rotations are my biggest fear. Originally they made it seems like scrolls would cycle seasonally and be available for months at a time, and instead it's like...ten noncontinuous days a year or something.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not quitting over it, but I've had some fun with bargain bin RWs and it occurred to me that they're gonna be much harder to trade for and it's overall a big bummer.
    Right? Same with the bargain bin RWs. Some great trade chains started with mediocre pets.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    1d 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Before UC trading became as intense and ridiculous as it got, people did trade for nice sounding names and colors. I remember trading a custom for a cute named Alien Aisha. The NCUC tokens help bring that back a little. Problem is that now there is a strange shift in PB prices and potions being released not only in excess but for a long time, and the million+ color you trade for could end up being 10k or less in a week's time.

Trading for names just seems like it will be name for name, or name for BD stats. Not sure what someone trades a pet for that is both common RW or RN and has battle stats..

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    If anything I actually feel like the site is more active than before (lags and server upgrades etc.) and seeing some nonfriends being active again is always nice!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to claneo For This Useful Post:

Parrot (01-26-2024),Pringle (02-06-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    I see it two ways:

1) the release of new NCUC models are permanent with each subsequent release, however long, triggering another sale. After all models release, the studio supplies then stay normal price going on sale like now like twice a year.

2) the release of new NCUC models are not permanent and cycle with sales.

As an incentive, both ways can release new models with every release to keep sales. So like how they did now with the new Faerie Acara NCUC, you can expect a new Faerie Ogrin NCUC in the next Faerie/Darigan/Grey sales so it still encourages people to purchase the studio supplies. In the future, I think trading multiple DSSS's for a given color is not going to stick.

Pronouns
    She\Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    3d 16h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I had this crazy idea in my mind that this new "Umbra" technology could be TNT's gateway to new species. I mean, their whole problem for creating new species is the workload around fitting customization items. The "Umbra" tokens can't be customized (like UC). They can freely create entirely new species (that couldn't be customized \ essentially function as UC).

Maybe new un-customizable species via this token system will be the future of trading

Edit: For example, I saw people on reddit up vote Faellie as a new species. TNT could release "Faellie Token Art" for all current species that would give them the look of a curled up Faellie or something.
    Last edited by bakery; 02-01-2024 at 11:58 AM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bakery For This Useful Post:

basically (02-02-2024),Parrot (02-01-2024),Pringle (02-06-2024),Styx (02-01-2024),Tabeeko (02-01-2024)