Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I think neocodex ceased to exist?

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    Yeah that Defunctland doc got me rethinking my own media preservation as well. Thats kinda why I suggested we see if we could save any of the guides from Neocodex!

It'd be really neat if when you get to go through all the recordings you dad made if you DO have stuff of note. Or just what was news worthy in general! :3
    It's mostly old home movies, but there's def a lot of just random VCR recordings that he's less interested and I am, but it might take a minute for me to actually be able to go through it all. I'm excited, but it's also a daunting task.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    It's mostly old home movies, but there's def a lot of just random VCR recordings that he's less interested and I am, but it might take a minute for me to actually be able to go through it all. I'm excited, but it's also a daunting task.
    If you have any adverts that you want checking into for lost status let me know, that's one of my major areas of interest with lost media content.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    If you get to if cool, if not still cool! You take on so many projects that I'm amazed at all you do! Bonus side effect is watching old home movies of course! :3
    Last edited by Hall; 06-15-2023 at 03:21 PM. Reason: why is it still multi quote posting I'm so sorry!

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hall For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    8d 16h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    Mind hitting me up with that email? I'll request a backup myself. If they say no I'll do the best I can scraping my own cache, and the archives for literally anything useful I can get.
    Sent it. With any luck the guy will reply.

EDIT: Actually, I just hopped back into their Discord.
    They know the site is down, and supposedly nothing is lost Amazon tier changes caused some things to break.
    Last edited by kalez; 06-15-2023 at 03:47 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kalez For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 11h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Aww, I was very active for one summer in 2014 or maybe 2016, and got fairly close with a few members. Introducing slack and the shift of all activity to that platform, coupled with most of the head admins and mod teams leaving made the site die very quickly from 2017ish onwards.

What initially drove me to Neocodex was an atmosphere on here that I perceived to be quite clique-y. If you weren't buddies with the super sociable members here, it was quite odd feeling like you're intruding on a tighknit group. Neocodex wasn't that much better, and I remember one of the higher ranking and respected members to be quite... Rude? Standoffish? Not the vibe. But for whatever reason, I managed to hit it off with the community.

As a super nostalgic binch, seeing another site I used to frequent in my growing up biting the dust is making me feel all sorts of things. Old, mostly.

And last but not least: Rare is N_T?! Holy shit!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by Delibird View Post
    Hahahaha still holds to this day with Delibird.

Yeah, I was mod on the tail end of DZ before Andreas/Justin shut it down.
    Ben, my love <3. It's always nice to see you still here. Justin didn't shut down DZ, Swar and Justin both made an offer in cash to CheeSie to take over the domain, because they wanted to recreate DZ into what Zombians was. CheeSie laughed in their faces, so they decided to make Zombians with Beca and Heather? I think it was Heather, might be getting my names mixed up. Andreas left he site up for a while and had Loccy run it, so Loccy gave me a lot of the old staff chats about me lol. Which was fun to read, to see what everybody thought of me (Kevin lol). Loccy also told me Andreas will still raking in money from premium because people never canceled it. He was pulling in a couple hundo a month, which, I don't blame him for not wanting to sell if he was making any kind of money for not being around.

I'm waiting for some old beef I started to come back up someday but my plan of action there is to apologize for it because I am aware I was an asshole back then and I'm not really gonna defend how I acted.
    BRUH! When you started shit with me on Zombians because you thought I was outting people on Flight Rising, and Justin "held a formal investigation" into it. That's when I just stopped talking to you. Which sucks because we were hella close after the whole Mango shit went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyko View Post
    I always assumed Cheesie fell into legal troubles and disappeared after that.
    From what I remember, Andreas left because he "grew up". That's what he told the admins, and I think that was one of the reasons why Natalie eventually left because she didn't want to deal with the shit she was getting from Justin/Swar. This was before everything that happened with her daughter. Once Andreas left and gave the keys to Justin, everything went downhill. Not to mention that they didn't have any full time programmers on site once Swar went off to college because all of the old school programmers (Mike, Joe, and someone else I can't remember their name), started up cK.

Thank you Hellraid <3

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Delibird (06-15-2023),Excalibur (06-15-2023),kittyray (06-15-2023)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by kalez View Post
    Would seem it's been scraped by Internet Archive [(you need an account to see links)], but to what degree, I'm not truly sure. Some pages are breaking as I'm trying to navigate around.

EDIT: And some forums are locked behind post counts, so those are out, I guess
    I've been poking around and yeah, running into a lot of stuff that's hard to access, but it's better than nothing! Of course I'm now trying to find an archive of my ex's profile page lololol, probably not the healthiest.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have any adverts that you want checking into for lost status let me know, that's one of my major areas of interest with lost media content.
    Ooh, yeah for sure! I probably won't be able to look into anything until I end up moving back home, which won't be for a couple of months (unless I miraculously get a job real soon then who knows when), but I'll try to remember to check with you on that, would be real cool!

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    163 times
    Time Online
    27d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    Ben, my love <3. It's always nice to see you still here. Justin didn't shut down DZ, Swar and Justin both made an offer in cash to CheeSie to take over the domain, because they wanted to recreate DZ into what Zombians was. CheeSie laughed in their faces, so they decided to make Zombians with Beca and Heather? I think it was Heather, might be getting my names mixed up. Andreas left he site up for a while and had Loccy run it, so Loccy gave me a lot of the old staff chats about me lol. Which was fun to read, to see what everybody thought of me (Kevin lol). Loccy also told me Andreas will still raking in money from premium because people never canceled it. He was pulling in a couple hundo a month, which, I don't blame him for not wanting to sell if he was making any kind of money for not being around.

BRUH! When you started shit with me on Zombians because you thought I was outting people on Flight Rising, and Justin "held a formal investigation" into it. That's when I just stopped talking to you. Which sucks because we were hella close after the whole Mango shit went down.

From what I remember, Andreas left because he "grew up". That's what he told the admins, and I think that was one of the reasons why Natalie eventually left because she didn't want to deal with the shit she was getting from Justin/Swar. This was before everything that happened with her daughter. Once Andreas left and gave the keys to Justin, everything went downhill. Not to mention that they didn't have any full time programmers on site once Swar went off to college because all of the old school programmers (Mike, Joe, and someone else I can't remember their name), started up cK.
    Thanks for the thorough explanation. I didnt remember any of that lol.

And hi Kevin!!

Delibird's Showdown / Guides

Art by @Charmander

The Dynamic Duo:

Artwork by @Dankruse

[GUIDE] (you need an account to see links)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 1h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hall View Post
    If you get to if cool, if not still cool! You take on so many projects that I'm amazed at all you do! Bonus side effect is watching old home movies of course! :3

Aahhh, thank you! idk I'm just a...constant project-craver type, I unfortunately leave many many things unfinished or just a sparkle in my brain, but idk after a long slump I've been hardcore craving things to do lately.

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Hall (06-15-2023),Synth Salazzle (06-15-2023)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post

I genuinely don't remember that but I apologize for falsely accusing you, I suffer from severe paranoia issues, and was heavily drinking all the time back then and would randomly accuse people of some pretty wild shit back then and I wasn't medicated back then either so I was, extra crazy. (even now I disappear for a while on this site because my brain tells me some wrong shit about people so I step away then come back when it passes. I've been in treatment for many many years now so me doing shit like that is such a rarity that people think of it as uncharacteristic at this point. I also don't touch alcohol anymore.)
    Also it's probably good you cut contact because I actually for real lost my god damn mind for quite a few years after that due to stuff offline, (I mean I'm still not all there and I never will be, but i'm actually aware of the signs, and can control myself very well by just getting the fuck off the internet if I start losing my marbles.) I don't remember much of it and to be frank I'm not sure I want to, beyond apologizing to people for bad things I did. and I don't want people to remember me when I wasn't in treatment anymore. I want people to know me for who I am now. But I don't think hiding that part of myself and denying it happened is good either. So I refuse to take that approach to it.
    I don't remember who you are but if you brought up the mango incident then yeah I can get a pretty decent guess. I don't really know if you want your old username said but I do have a very solid guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kalez View Post
    Sent it. With any luck the guy will reply.

EDIT: Actually, I just hopped back into their Discord.
    They know the site is down, and supposedly nothing is lost Amazon tier changes caused some things to break.
    So the data is still there, at least. That really just increases my chances of preservation before it does actually bite the dust for real (assuming that it will actually come back.)

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata