Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m

Someone trying to get into my accounts? :P

I'm not mad, just very disapointed

Okay, I kid, I kid. But today I got an email I thought I'd surely never see for my main accounts.
    Someone had tried asking for a password reset for my accounts. I've seen it happen once before, on an account I bought with a UC on it.
    Of course I laugh because whoever it is somehow thought asking for a reset would send it to them maybe? no clue but it's stupid nevertheless.

Changed my info and was done with it. No idea how they found my accounts, I am not active on the boards, I just sit with my pretty collection of UCs
    but now I worry because I have to leave in a month for work and will not have access to the internet for at the least 2 months, at the most 5.
    if someone is trying to get into my accounts, clearly someone is watching me.
    My accounts, well, I got a large UC collection. they'd be a big target for hacker.
    I'm worried now that they'll see my lack of activity, with crying pets and decide to help themselves.
    is there any way I can make my accounts almost impossible to get into, other then the known: change PW, make it hard to guess, change pin, use the b-day log in prompt... etc?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Keep your email active by logging into it once a month and you should be fine.
    The fact that they did a PW reset means all they need is your username, so it could have just been someone messing with you.

If you really want to protect your accounts, self freeze them.

Don't self freeze them without recording down emails(old ones too) pws(old ones too), items you have lots of in your SDB & neofriends. NC purchase history helps.

No one can unice your accounts but TNT, so as long as you have this information you will be safe.
    Although, it will take around a month to get it unfrozen
    [center]

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hurricane For This Useful Post:

Patches (01-06-2017)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I have a trustworthy friend that played in my account for a time that I couldn't play.
    If you have someone you can trust, you can ask him/her to log at your account everyday, just to spin trudy, while you are out.
    A friend of mine did it for me once.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Keep your email active by logging into it once a month and you should be fine.
    The fact that they did a PW reset means all they need is your username, so it could have just been someone messing with you.

If you really want to protect your accounts, self freeze them.

Don't self freeze them without recording down emails(old ones too) pws(old ones too), items you have lots of in your SDB & neofriends. NC purchase history helps.

No one can unice your accounts but TNT, so as long as you have this information you will be safe.
    Although, it will take around a month to get it unfrozen
    Thought about that option as well. I'd hate to self freeze and have to go through that long ass process.
    But I guess as long as it keeps people away from helping themselves, it'll have to be done

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by menine View Post
    I have a trustworthy friend that played in my account for a time that I couldn't play.
    If you have someone you can trust, you can ask him/her to log at your account everyday, just to spin trudy, while you are out.
    A friend of mine did it for me once.
    I have a close friend who I was just talking to about this. We're both worried about the address change because we live in different countries.
    but of course, VPNs can help with that, so you guys had no issues then?

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I'm not mad, just very disapointed

Okay, I kid, I kid. But today I got an email I thought I'd surely never see for my main accounts.
    Someone had tried asking for a password reset for my accounts. I've seen it happen once before, on an account I bought with a UC on it.
    Of course I laugh because whoever it is somehow thought asking for a reset would send it to them maybe? no clue but it's stupid nevertheless.

Changed my info and was done with it. No idea how they found my accounts, I am not active on the boards, I just sit with my pretty collection of UCs
    but now I worry because I have to leave in a month for work and will not have access to the internet for at the least 2 months, at the most 5.
    if someone is trying to get into my accounts, clearly someone is watching me.
    My accounts, well, I got a large UC collection. they'd be a big target for hacker.
    I'm worried now that they'll see my lack of activity, with crying pets and decide to help themselves.
    is there any way I can make my accounts almost impossible to get into, other then the known: change PW, make it hard to guess, change pin, use the b-day log in prompt... etc?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    70/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    22d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    If you take that route, I suggest creating a notepad and finding a guide here or on onsite about what you need to recover your accounts.

Also, send that notepad to one of your private emails just in case you lose said notepad.
    make sure it's not an email connected to neopets, because as sad as it is, people do get into emails to get into accounts and it's best to play it safe
    [center]

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    I had no problem doing this, but my friend lives in my town, so it is not far.
    We play together since we were childs, so I could trust her

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Sorry to hear about that, probably some noisy person looking around got to one of your UCs and now might be watching over your collection, sucks, but there's people who really don't have much to do with their time. Honestly, as long as you keep your information updated you should be fine, if they are requesting change of password it's because they don't really have any real ways to enter to your account and are just trying what ever they can most likely, I wouldn't be too afraid. If the person had the abilities to enter to your account and really wanted to do so, they would have done it already.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Pusheen For This Useful Post:

Patches (01-06-2017)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    60 times
    Time Online
    20d 5h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    Sorry to hear about that, probably some noisy person looking around got to one of your UCs and now might be watching over your collection, sucks, but there's people who really don't have much to do with their time. Honestly, as long as you keep your information updated you should be fine, if they are requesting change of password it's because they don't really have any real ways to enter to your account and are just trying what ever they can most likely, I wouldn't be too afraid. If the person had the abilities to enter to your account and really wanted to do so, they would have done it already.
    That's what I thought, I wasn't going to worry too much. Felt like it was some Juvie, wanna be hacker cx
    Just don't like the thought of someone watching me. I've worked hard to be fairly unknown

I'll change and update everything once more right before I leave c: thanks for the reassurance!

Thanks
    DL/UL
    223/0
    Mentioned
    469 times
    Time Online
    132d 23h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    That's what I thought, I wasn't going to worry too much. Felt like it was some Juvie, wanna be hacker cx
    Just don't like the thought of someone watching me. I've worked hard to be fairly unknown

I'll change and update everything once more right before I leave c: thanks for the reassurance!
    Also don't use easy passwords, passwords you've used before or on another site.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Daviid For This Useful Post:

Patches (01-06-2017)