8 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I can make one of those..

but I'd need a shell to test it on

cliffhanger is super easy to bot.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tcas4200 View Post
    I'd be in favor of programs that can be run offline without direct connection to the account for the puzzle games for example. I've actually thought about 3 programs that I might write.

1. Shapeshifter - I believe there's one already out there but it's connected to neopets to run. I'd like an offline one where I can read in my game, compute it on my own PC, and press in the right solutions. Don't have to worry about timing and other stuff of connecting (like being caught using a program and frozen). Probably easy as the possible games is very small. #ways to place a piece * #pieces = small.

2. Cellblock - Similar desire for an offline version. I imagine an approach to solve this could be similar to how chess was solved the first time vs a human champion. Using a minimax algorithm but one with alpha beta pruning so that games can be computed in exponentially less time (hopefully seconds). Wouldn't even have to worry about faulty stepping like deep blue does as it is known to the human the technique and the presence of time forces the PC to recompute a tree in finite time to hopefully make a mistake if the player makes a 2nd best rather than best move. That would be difficult. Would take some time though.

3. Mystery pic solver - I'm debating how this could be handled. This might only be feasable offline. If I could somehow cache all of the possible neopets images (probably terabytes of possibilities), then it might be doable. There are siggraph papers for rapid search of image patterns across massive image databases by doing some precomputation and tree building. Would only require a similarity transform for the size and there wouldn't even be a rotational component to make it easier. Still probably the hardest of them all due to getting the images first.

If anyone had some ideas to help with these problems you can PM me or if Joe or some other programmer wants to take on these I spelled out how I think they could be approached.

I've been thinking about shapeshifter, and a better than brute-force algo.. Haven't come up with anything revolutional

BUUUTTT

I'm the fletch Joes' refferring to when he says he's waiting on me to bring the image library to fruition. I have have a MPIC solver in the past, basically bruteforce, bould solve 80% accuracy in about an hour and a half on a good computer (then). I've since built a newer one with days of pre-parsing the image database and it's just not spitting out the right answers, tho the solving time is less than a minute. I've frozen the project for the time being, but I still have all of the code, and, the entire image library from a few months back.

if you have some ideas on more resonant algorythms.. a way to squeeze 0ut more efficiency, let me know.. I love to do the analytical BS, I wrote the Neggsweeper AP for that very reason.. 1/2 way to gold trophy alltime in less than a month.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to valseedian For This Useful Post:

Reemer (02-02-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I must admit, I got halfway through reading all the suggestions and got impatient.
    But I was thinking, maybe an RS Ban checker?
    Like, ones that told you when your account/s were unbanned? (:

Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    i didn't see an altador plot completer around here o.o...maybe consider making 1?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    89/0
    Mentioned
    201 times
    Time Online
    7h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Still wish there was an Autopricer for SDB items, totals the values and puts the most expensive items at the top.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Smugglers Cove Autobuyer !!!! i think i saw one somewhere else but i dont think it was safe

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 5h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    How bout a edna's autoquester? i'm pretty sure more than one of you guys hate her guts

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    48/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    5m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by kidchaor View Post
    i didn't see an altador plot completer around here o.o...maybe consider making 1?
    It would certainly help with the water plant part due to how cumbersome and tedious it is. Don't really think any of the other parts would really need a program, but that's just me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    That stupid punch club thing always gets me.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    36/0
    Mentioned
    160 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    A battledome opponents grabber?
    Seriously, Garoo, Kastraliss, Snow Beast.
    They all annoy me and I only need them now.

Page 15 of 160 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast