Mentioned
    149 times
    Time Online
    40d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    Same... I would do anything to get a the TCG wizard avvie. ;;
    pretty sure i used to have this and the plushie nova av on my original account... im so sad

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sakuras For This Useful Post:

Crooked (07-22-2023)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    12d 16h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuras View Post
    pretty sure i used to have this and the plushie nova av on my original account... im so sad
    💔 Fingers crossed that these old avatars somehow become unlockable again in the future... maybe via CC or another reward for a plot? A guy can dream...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Crooked For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (07-22-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    172 times
    Time Online
    30d 16h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    Quote Originally Posted by crookedteeth View Post
    Same... I would do anything to get a the TCG wizard avvie. ;;
    I, too, would do anything for that avatar. Just, really, I'd pay way more than it's even possibly worth for it to show up on my account right now. I was gutted I couldn't get it as a child and I'm still sad about it.

thank you to hearts for my pumpkin, Lyrichord for my userbar, and Great White North for my snail ryu!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chii3d For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-30-2023),Crooked (07-22-2023),Lyrichord (07-22-2023),Yachiru (07-22-2023)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    402 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    Aww this new avvie is cute. I've purchased TCG packs in the past and def would have purchased one of these were I able to make it to Comic-Con. 😳

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I cancelled my book preorder after realizing they gave the code away, so I'm pretty sure this code will eventually be publicly released too. It would be too illogical to reserve an avatar to such an exclusive ~and privileged~ handful of players.

Just a plane ticket to San Diego would cost me 200 dollars, plus lodging, the comic-con access fee and then 30 extra bucks for the set. Basically a ~400 avatar. It's a shame because it is pretty, but totally unfair to their global userbase.

tnt really needs to think about their international players.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesedmoga For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-30-2023),kittyray (07-22-2023),Lyrichord (07-22-2023),Sakuras (07-23-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard View Post
    I hope they do release it. It's a gorgeous avatar and it would be unfair/unwise of them to not release publicly and capitalize off of the purchase of the TCG's.
    Of course someone bought extra and is auctioning them off, got to love scalpers
    they're resellers, not scalpers. no different than buying from a Neoshop and putting it in your shop for profit.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by danii View Post
    they're resellers, not scalpers. no different than buying from a Neoshop and putting it in your shop for profit.
    Scalpers buy hot ticket items/commodities at original price to sell at an extreme inflated price for a temporary demand. Resellers buy items at discounted prices to resell at a price for profit. You are right about the comparison to neopets restocking but that is a digital commodity not physical. And the demand is most often constant not temporary. Comparing a physical item to neopets is silly to me though. No one uses the term scalper for online purposes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-30-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Weren't only about 200 sets sold, too?

It's a poor start to the *~new era~* to release a gorgeous avatar to 43 neopets fans who could get to SDCC and a bunch of scalpers looking to profit.

I just think they should announce now whether they'll release it to everyone or not, so they can cut off the excessively priced sales. Just say it's exclusive to SDCC folks for a month and then there will be a way to access it on the site? Everybody wins except the scalpers.

(I would love to get that 20th anni av too)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-30-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    13d 5h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard View Post
    Scalpers buy hot ticket items/commodities at original price to sell at an extreme inflated price for a temporary demand. Resellers buy items at discounted prices to resell at a price for profit. You are right about the comparison to neopets restocking but that is a digital commodity not physical. And the demand is most often constant not temporary. Comparing a physical item to neopets is silly to me though. No one uses the term scalper for online purposes.
    I suppose, but I don't get all the uproar. this card set is a tangible item. you use real money, you get a physical item in exchange plus an avatar. I don't see this any different than someone selling a retired album item for real money on ck for an avatar. is it unfair that it's exclusive, yes. does it suck that people are price gouging? absolutely. but it is what it is.

imho

16. The Following User Says Thank You to danii For This Useful Post:

Wreathy (07-26-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 1h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by danii View Post
    I suppose, but I don't get all the uproar. this card set is a tangible item. you use real money, you get a physical item in exchange plus an avatar. I don't see this any different than someone selling a retired album item for real money on ck for an avatar. is it unfair that it's exclusive, yes. does it suck that people are price gouging? absolutely. but it is what it is.

imho
    Fair enough! Tbh it really comes down to the morality of it. I suppose the more essential the item the worse said person's moral compass is judged in a way. I suppose you could question the morality of the entirety of this userbase on here and even stretch as far as society as a whole if you wanted to really dig deep. But I feel like that's a bit deep for something like this ..lol. I say let people be annoyed about it. It's all we got X'D

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

Aero (07-30-2023),danii (07-25-2023),Moon (07-31-2023)