Thread: What happen to all the Duped Items?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7d 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m

What happen to all the Duped Items?

So I came back from like a decade+ Hiatus not along ago I was wondering what happened to all the Duped items? I remember there was a bug that caused players to dupe items and it was chaos.

Literally all the items got duped to infinity. I had like 200 SuAPs and 100s of JSS etc. I am assuming their are still hundreds of dupes still floating around? Big Secret accounts probably have tons in cold storage.

Also side question: What's the most hardest and most expensive by far stamp avatar to get nowadays? I know there are so many stamp avatars now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 23h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I'm sure many of them got frozen over the years.
    Awhile back there was a strange... bug shall we say... where high end items seemingly disappeared from accounts. I and many others had storage accounts loaded with different things and at some point they were just *gone*. I'm not sure if TNT went through and deleted items that were on shell looking accounts, or if somebody managed to get into the storage accounts of a ton of people. I'd lean towards the former.

I do still have a few accounts with duped items from WAY back that I pull from when I need some quick items to flip for pure and things like that - but most of them were frozen or otherwise gone.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7d 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I'm sure many of them got frozen over the years.
    Awhile back there was a strange... bug shall we say... where high end items seemingly disappeared from accounts. I and many others had storage accounts loaded with different things and at some point they were just *gone*. I'm not sure if TNT went through and deleted items that were on shell looking accounts, or if somebody managed to get into the storage accounts of a ton of people. I'd lean towards the former.

I do still have a few accounts with duped items from WAY back that I pull from when I need some quick items to flip for pure and things like that - but most of them were frozen or otherwise gone.
    Really? High End items just disappeared. I see, definitely something TNT cooked up.

I agree a lot of them were probably frozen over the years. But I'm sure there are still some big prehistoric sea monsters with every item imaginable in their SDB lurking about...Could be some people on here based on how big they were.

What about the current stamps. There are so many stamp avatars now, what's the hardest and rarest one these days?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 23h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunna View Post
    Really? High End items just disappeared. I see, definitely something TNT cooked up.

I agree a lot of them were probably frozen over the years. But I'm sure there are still some big prehistoric sea monsters with every item imaginable in their SDB lurking about...Could be some people on here based on how big they were.

What about the current stamps. There are so many stamp avatars now, what's the hardest and rarest one these days?
    I'm sure there are still accounts that are absolutely loaded hiding out somewhere, just laying low.

For stamps, I think it's a toss up. I'd say most of the older ones are the most expensive. Ones like Mystery Island, Virtupets, Tyrannia, Lost Desert, etc. I haven't kept too close tabs on most stamp prices lately though.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7d 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I'm sure there are still accounts that are absolutely loaded hiding out somewhere, just laying low.

For stamps, I think it's a toss up. I'd say most of the older ones are the most expensive. Ones like Mystery Island, Virtupets, Tyrannia, Lost Desert, etc. I haven't kept too close tabs on most stamp prices lately though.
    I see, damn I shoulda stayed low and maintained by account. Coulda been a huge ass whale by now.

So the old stamps are still the rarest and hardest so far? I think Mystery Island was the hardest back in the day not sure about now. Maybe Haunted Woods as well. If someone with more knowledge can confirm.

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    The Neopets team made a few calculated moves to go after items based on seller patterns for storing and distributing them, and the people who left items in their inventories or amassed items in storage locations were the ones that stood out the most. The inventories were the most obvious tell for which items were duplicated based on the time when certain duplication glitches went mainstream. The rest was guesswork, but the Neopets team correctly predicted that sellers were generally too afraid of outing themselves to report that items went missing. There are still plenty of items out there. The smartest sellers knew how to cover their tracks and protect their goods.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    7d 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    The Neopets team made a few calculated moves to go after items based on seller patterns for storing and distributing them, and the people who left items in their inventories or amassed items in storage locations were the ones that stood out the most. The inventories were the most obvious tell for which items were duplicated based on the time when certain duplication glitches went mainstream. The rest was guesswork, but the Neopets team correctly predicted that sellers were generally too afraid of outing themselves to report that items went missing. There are still plenty of items out there. The smartest sellers knew how to cover their tracks and protect their goods.
    Damn...TNT went full Sherlock Holmes on the forensics to catch people...I'll remember to change up my patterns. Predicting that sellers would not out themselves was definitely a smart move.

I'm always afraid and looking over my shoulder when I play now. It ain't fun. Btw know whats the hardest stamp avatar nowadays by any chance?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    185 times
    Time Online
    44d 6h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    On the stamp avatars front, it would be a toss up between Mystery Island (historically always been super expensive even back in the day), Virtupets (there's stamps on this page I haven't even seen in a while like Commander Garoo - they do exist but super super rare as it was a Lenny Conundrum prize wayyy back when, and possibly duped), and Haunted Woods (while you see most of the rarer stamps on this page pop up now and then, they are still super expensive)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Do they still do this? So far as I've noticed, the monitoring team at neopets are mostly absent... Cheating is much easier than old days. Or maybe I'm just too small time to worry about...