Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: If you could move to any country, where would you move?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    8h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by WFP2020 View Post
    I moved to the US this year from my country so I suppose the US!
    Where did you live before moving to the US? Just curious about that as far as I know America is not the best country to live in at the moment because of all these meetings against aggression from the police towards black people. The other day stumbled upon the photos of San Francisco at 10 in the morning. I guess you have seen the pic too. My point that the United States degree by degree turned into a dangerous place. Rich but dangerous. My opinion. I guess that it is much safer to move to Europe. To Spain for example. One more advantage of this country is comparatively affordable real estate (compared to the American one). Education in Spain is on a very good level too. Not to mention that the weather in Spain is mainly sunny.
    UPD: can't help sharing this awesome article about best places to live in Spain (you need an account to see links). My personal top choice is Mallorca
    Last edited by Okland; 09-14-2020 at 11:09 PM. Reason: additional info

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    3d 8h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Okland View Post
    Where did you live before moving to the US? Just curious about that as far as I know America is not the best country to live in at the moment because of all these meetings against aggression from the police towards black people. The other day stumbled upon the photos of San Francisco at 10 in the morning. I guess you have seen the pic too. My point that the United States degree by degree turned into a dangerous place. Rich but dangerous. My opinion. I guess that it is much safer to move to Europe. To Spain for example. One more advantage of this country is comparatively affordable real estate (compared to the American one). Education in Spain is on a very good level too. Not to mention that the weather in Spain is mainly sunny.
    UPD: can't help sharing this awesome article about best places to live in Spain (you need an account to see links). My personal top choice is Mallorca
    Mallorca is a holiday hotspot for most british folks.... Might not be the most fun when trying to live a normal life, around people coming for parties, heavy drinking and loud behavior. I know living close to Disney World in Florida sucked because of it. If everyone around you is on vacation, it can be quite annoying. Granted I'm sure there are areas less populated.

As for Spain, I definitely think it'd be a great place to be.

My choice; however, would be Australia Never been, but know a few people out there and desperate to visit and potentially live. In the meantime, I've lived in the Southeast, Midwest, and now New England areas of the US and originally came from England. So fun times! My hubby and I don't like to stay in one place too long.

Pronouns
    they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    3d 11h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I currently live in Hawaii, which is about as detached and far away as one can get from the United States while still being part of the United States. It's nice, but not perfect.

I have my sights set on Australia or New Zealand next. My job seems to be in high demand there and are listed as dire needs on both governments' immigration sites. I have friends in SEA countries though who might be a more realistic stepping stone (place to stay while I get on my feet, etc.) but I'd have to relearn a lot for my job there due to differing laws (risk & compliance banking).

EU countries have very similar laws to ours where it comes to my job, so I've also considered heading that way once we're allowed to leave, lol. I'm just not sure that I want to live in Europe. I can't put my finger on why. Germany is a top spot for my job. I even took 7 years of German...still just not feeling it...lol

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    16d 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Living in Australia, I don't think I'll be moving overseas for a long time (given our comparatively tight border restrictions ATM), but I'd like to try it at some stage. I plan to start by first moving interstate within Australia next year.

Since I don't drive (and don't ever intend to), my first choice would be New York. NY because the city is just so massive (I'd never run out of restaurants to try for dinner), serious/fast-paced, vibrant (at least it was last year) and easy to get around. Extraordinary number of jobs in my field, but I understand it'd be competitive and tough for a foreigner. Close 2nd preference would be London. I know people who have moved to those places and they're loving it.

I couldn't live in Japan, China, Hong Kong, Singapore... they were great to visit, but I'd never want to live there (I stand out too much).

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    When I was younger I always thought of moving to Spain. The weather seems to be similar to my country, they have beautiful places, beautiful people, two of the biggests football clubs are from there and, back then, I used to listen a lot to RBD - they're not from Spain, but they speak spanish.
    Nowadays, Germany seems interesting, but my head changes so much lol Netherland has been catching my attention too.

To be honest, I just wish I could leave my country. My president is a dumbass, and the people from here are not better than him.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Moan For This Useful Post:

TsUNaMy WaVe (10-16-2020)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    188 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I want to move to New Zealand SO badly, but I have no idea what jobs I could get there. But thank you to the NZ govt for putting "dairy farmer" on their government webpage about jobs in the country.
    Last edited by Aero; 02-15-2021 at 12:48 PM. Reason: edit for privacy :)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    12h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Currently in England. Honestly? Probably Finland, or New Zealand. One of my lecturers came from NZ and he really hyped it up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    338/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    86d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    I will be a free-roaming earthling, the whole place is beautiful who wants to be stuck in one area?! haha

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-24-2021)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I moved to live in France when I was still a teenager now I'm over 30 and I don't think i want to move permanetly to anywhere else. I like it here. The food is top notch

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    12d 21h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    For those interested in New Zealand...One of my best friends migrated to New Zealand some years ago and she's living her best life right now. She absolutely loves it there, and has happily settled down with her new family. Apparently, back then, they were way more lenient with handing out Permanent Residence (According to her, in New Zealand, Permanent Residence status basically offers the same benefits as citizenship including the right to vote, etc.) However, she mentioned that New Zealand has tightened up their requirements for Permanent Residence in recent years, and it's a lot harder to get Permanent Residence status now.

But New Zealand definitely sounds like a great place to live. It seems pretty climate resilient (not too near the equator) and has decent food security with plenty of home-grown produce. As for politics, it generally seems pretty stable and sound. The only thing that would make me slightly hesitate would be their really high tax rates.