Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

1st offence. Very late introduction! :$

Hi there folks.

I've been around for a little while but I have been trying to get a 'feel' for how things work and I realised that while I was absorbed in doing that, I hadn't actually taken a moment to say hello and introduce myself. Bit of a fail there but I hope you will forgive me as I say 'hello' (finally).

I've been playing Neopets for about 17 years (since 2002) and I'm still not very good at many things. Particular thorns in my side are Plushie Tycoon and NeoQuest but that's another story. In any case, I trundled over to clraik to see if I could pick up some tips about how to improve my enjoyment on Neopets, in general and I have to say I have indeed picked up some very mighty tips for which I am very grateful.

Bear with me as I try not to trip over my own feet as I get the hang of how y'all roll here and if I'm doing something wrong - please let me know. Communities like this are so useful and kinda take me back to the earliest days of the Internet (in a good way) but I know that protocol is important and I would hate to mess up (like - erm - forgetting to introduce myself...)

I have a lot to learn. Please send cocoa.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Welcome! I'm glad you decided to say hello and introduce yourself. PT & NQ + NQII are the banes of my existence; I'm avoiding them despite the lovely + avatar count. lol

Holler if I can be of any assistance!

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

sugarsneak (06-05-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 13h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Welcome! *sends cocoa*

I'm new as well! I recently came back from a looooooooong hiatus and realized most of my friends no longer play and I felt kind of... adrift? I think I saw this forum mentioned in a reddit post and I thought I'd give it shot 'cause I think Neo is made better when you experience and play it with a community and stuff. Y'know, a better with friends kind of deal. I still feel very new and second guessy, myself, but I think you'll like it here! The people I've interacted with have all been lovely and helpful.

Anyway, see you around hopefully!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pickledplumbs For This Useful Post:

sugarsneak (06-05-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Thanks for the welcome @(you need an account to see links) (fellow cat-officianado).

I will never forget introducing a friend to Neo who promptly got the PT avvie on their first try. I had been at it for literally years. I have been deliberately witholding donuts ever since.

Current PT status: have given up for now.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Oh! Perfect cocoa-timing @(you need an account to see links) - thank you!

Same here - none of my friends play any more and I play in secret because I am worried my newer friends miiiiigt judge me - haha!

I miss having buddies to get excited about achievements and such but don't really care for the boards on Neo itself. Plus, sometimes it's nice to come away from Neo itself but chat about Neo to others. I have fond memories of playing in the early days, with messenger windows open for r/t chattering between friends as we played; like: "OMG I just sniped a (insert heat-stopping item) - I can't breathe..." or "Yay! I got a Krawk from the pound! Wanna Krawk?" and that sort of thing.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sugarsneak For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    🐸
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    24/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    77d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    58m
    Welcome to ck! I've learned alot just being here as well.

Avatar Art By - DankRUSE , Userbar by Infected

This frog believes in you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Politoed For This Useful Post:

sugarsneak (06-05-2019)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 19h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Welcome! Gosh I've never actually introduced myself as well, didn't even see this part of Clraik until now. Maybe I should write one too...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

sugarsneak (06-05-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    5d 5h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Welcome to ck

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Aglett For This Useful Post:

sugarsneak (06-05-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Cheers @(you need an account to see links) - there's certainly plenty to keep a body occupied.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Hi @(you need an account to see links)!

I'd seen it and put it on my 'to-do' list and then had a 'squirrel' moment - it happens (more often than I would care to admit to...)

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Thank you @(you need an account to see links) - it's good to be here (even though I have been here for a while; still good!)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    Belated welcome to the community, @(you need an account to see links)! You can reply to multiple users at once by using the "Multi-Quote" button in the bottom righthand corner of their posts. You can also edit your original post to include additional text by clicking the "Edit Post" button in the bottom righthand corner of your post. That way you can avoid posting a jumble of separate replies!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

sugarsneak (06-05-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 6h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hey there @(you need an account to see links) thanks for the welcome and thank you for the tip.

I thought things were looking a bit messy in reply-land but I wasn't sure what I was doing wrong.

Probably need to go back and read the 'directions for dolts' section. I've only just figured out how to edit my profile pic' though.

Dear me...