DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    28 times
    Time Online
    22d 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    The nostalgia factor is the only game in town for Neopets, imo. Anyone new to the whole Neopets concept, no matter how nice and updated and polished, is just going to get the awkward vibe of a dollar-store-Pokemon ripoff, as someone here I think aptly put it.

If they want to survive, they need to re-attract their fanbase that they pissed off in the first place and bring them back. There's too much competition otherwise. Competition with bigger staff and better budgets. If Neopets survives, it'll be by sticking to their niche and milking it for every last penny. They can only do that at this point by listening to their users and not having such a stick up their butt and treating them like children.

Formulaic mobile games without connection to the main site = fail.

They also need to get rid of the gd reCaptchas, because half the point of having "goals" to work towards is to show them off, but no one wants to go through the hassle of exploring and getting hit with homework to point out pictures of cars and shop fronts. That sends a terrible message: A, don't use this feature, and B, we don't value your time as a customer/player at all.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sugar Rush For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (03-19-2019),Fizzlepop (03-19-2019),Ridley (03-19-2019),Stardew (03-21-2019),team rocket (03-19-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    306 times
    Time Online
    134d 4h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Rush View Post
    The nostalgia factor is the only game in town for Neopets, imo. Anyone new to the whole Neopets concept, no matter how nice and updated and polished, is just going to get the awkward vibe of a dollar-store-Pokemon ripoff, as someone here I think aptly put it.

If they want to survive, they need to re-attract their fanbase that they pissed off in the first place and bring them back. There's too much competition otherwise. Competition with bigger staff and better budgets. If Neopets survives, it'll be by sticking to their niche and milking it for every last penny. They can only do that at this point by listening to their users and not having such a stick up their butt and treating them like children.

Formulaic mobile games without connection to the main site = fail.

They also need to get rid of the gd reCaptchas, because half the point of having "goals" to work towards is to show them off, but no one wants to go through the hassle of exploring and getting hit with homework to point out pictures of cars and shop fronts. That sends a terrible message: A, don't use this feature, and B, we don't value your time as a customer/player at all.
    This is everything I wanted to say.
    I would like to add:

As far as I can tell, Legends and Letters is glitchy as hell.
    Often I'm shown as winning 4 chests and I'm only awarded 3. I have notifications for quests that will not go away.

They should have cleaned these things up before the release.

All they really need is to provide better customer support.
    The sales of UCs would lose their allure if it wasn't against the rules. Prices would go down and everyone would have one if it was suddenly allowed. I enjoy the thrill of "cheating". But their ticket system and customer service is lacking heavily.

They kind of have the right ideas and probably mean well, but their execution is VERY poor.
    Last edited by motherfucker; 03-19-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 10h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar Rush View Post
    This a huge one. I used to waste so many precious hours of my youth just going through peoples' pets and profiles going "I want that." Now I can't be bothered because every time I want to look at anything I have to solve a captcha.

I don't even know why captcha is on the site.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ridley For This Useful Post:

Cookie Tray (03-19-2019),Erik. (03-27-2019),team rocket (03-19-2019)

*squeak*
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 40m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridley View Post
    This a huge one. I used to waste so many precious hours of my youth just going through peoples' pets and profiles going "I want that." Now I can't be bothered because every time I want to look at anything I have to solve a captcha.

I don't even know why captcha is on the site.
    There's an ongoing battle between the Neopets team and automation routines which lead to the use of captchas. It started with requiring a login in order to search for pets and users, but when that didn't slow things down, the Neopets team introduced captchas.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Ridley (03-20-2019)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    15d 22h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    I think the problem in my opinion is just fucking tnt itself. they feel so out of touch with their playerbase. And i've also never been more afraid of support/moderation on any other website before. it just not a feel good experience.

they dont realize that most of the people on there are adults, and you cant just banhammer 20yrold+ people that spent lots of money on neocash and even premium users. They ban SO many users over Stupid things, especailly uc pets.

i emailed a person who sells ucs because i was curious how he gets them all, and he said people sell their accounts to him and he just resells them(who knows if hes telling the truth on that end or just hacked em all). but like, if these people quit neo, why cant other people have their ucs?why does tnt care so much? why dont they just convert everything then if they wont let people be happy?

Also, trying to get your account back is CRAZY! tony asks for neocash history, but does he friggin forget anyone with the password to the account can log in to nc history page?there's literally NO WAY to know if it's the users account originally or not.
    i think BEFORE they try to attract more people, they need to be more lax on their bannings and KEEP people that they already have, instead of banning over dumb, confusing reasons.
    Last edited by lorie; 03-26-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    114 times
    Time Online
    54d 21h 52m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m
    They are very bad at even keeping Neopet facts straight. Today on their Instagram they posted that the Rainbow Paintbrush was created March 26th, 2015.

I was like...wtf????

I checked Jellyneo, it definitely wasn't. More like May 2000. And if I could've done it, why didn't they??? Clearly their own resources are awful.

Someone wrote a comment about that and then suddenly the post was gone. XD

*~a ghost in the sunlight~*