DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    68d 9h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    Congratulations!! I love the kitchen tooooo! Is this USD? I think apart from the kitchen I feel like it will be the living room...or where the computer is lol

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jellybelly For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (08-12-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Quote Originally Posted by jellybelly View Post
    Congratulations!! I love the kitchen tooooo! Is this USD? I think apart from the kitchen I feel like it will be the living room...or where the computer is lol
    When you say USD, do you mean US Dollar? If so, yes.

UPDATE: Since the appraisal came back and said the house was worth less than what we are going to pay for it, the sellers have to decide what to do, not sell, lower the price (which comes with a move in extension, aka August 21 would no longer be our moving day, but later), or whatever else is an option for the sellers. So we have to wait for their decision on that. Plus, we still need to do a 2nd inspection to make sure the work that was done after the 1st inspection is legal and up to par.

Huge shoutout to (you need an account to see links) for my amazing Custom UB!

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    UPDATE: I am trying to get my eating under control. I have been binge eating really bad due to stress. I gained 10 lbs (maybe 11, I refuse to step on the scale again today). I worked so hard to lose 55 lbs, I don't want to gain any more weight.

The stress of this house is ridiculous. Our new move-in date is August 25, and we still have to get another inspection done to confirm the repairs were done up to code. We finally were told that the repairs were done.

Huge shout out to (you need an account to see links)for my amazing Thirteen siggie graphic!

Rebel the Otter and her little friend, Jinxy the teddy bear, was drawn by (you need an account to see links)! Thank you so much for this perfect vision of my emo otter!

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    This time next week, we will be all moved in to our new house!!!! I am so excited.

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    (you need an account to see links)

We did it! We signed for the house, we get the keys at 1:30pm. We are at the apartment packing, and filling in the holes we made from the cat wall of climbing steps and bed boxes, I cleaned out the fridge of everything we aren't bringing to the new house. We have the cabinets left to do in the kitchen.

Our closing cost was $1200 less than they quoted and our interest rate is 6.04% instead of 8.25% so our monthly payment went down to $1604 from $1870.

All good news!!!

We are spending tonight at the apartment, and tomorrow at the house! We will be out of the apartment completely tomorrow!

Oh yeah and it will be 105 - 110 degrees today! Yay!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Patamon (08-25-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    17d 17h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Congratulations on your new home! I've been watching this thread, and it's lovely to see you will finally be able to be relieved from the stresses of house hunting. ^^

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Patamon For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (08-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    If anyone wanted to help us celebrate, we have a gift registry finally finished! It's obviously not necessary, but it would super amazing! If anyone does get us anything, thank you in advanced so much!

Celebrate with us! (you need an account to see links)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tinyburrito View Post
    Congratulations on your new home! I've been watching this thread, and it's lovely to see you will finally be able to be relieved from the stresses of house hunting. ^^
    Thank you so much! I love that people are following my journey!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Patamon (08-25-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    I get to be the 1st one to use our keys tomorrow morning to get to the house! We have 100 degree weather and storms coming in early afternoon tomorrow so I am going to the house to meet up with our fiber internet people to get it set up. Then coming back to grab the puppies. The puppies and I will chill until daddy makes it back.

Once all the furniture is delivered and uhaul truck is emptied, we will bring the kitties.

Oh yeah, we have a new kitten we are adding to the family tomorrow. Her name is Findlay or FinFin.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (08-26-2023),Patamon (08-26-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    689 times
    Time Online
    216d 4h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    Just wanted to drop by and give a big congrats to you @(you need an account to see links)! What a roller coaster ride! It's great that the mortgage and closing cost were both lower. And your new kitty is so precious too.

I wish you all the best packing and moving in. Pace yourself well in that heat! That's crazy hot!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Rebel_Minx (08-26-2023)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    12d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    OMG. We saved so much money from closing costs that we went and bought a new dryer (our dryer finally kicked the bucket today when we were drying the blankies,) a 65' TV for the living room, a mini fridge for hubby's gameroom, and a soundbar for the game room. It all gets delivered on Thursday.

We moved in some stuff. It was too hot for the guy to unload the Uhaul today, so it is sitting in the grass waiting for tomorrow morning. We have another friend coming over to unload the truck. His friend was gassed tonight so he may stay in bed all day tomorrow, so I inquired my friend's hubby to help and he accepted. They will be arriving at 8am. Then, we gotta take the truck back to the apartment to get the rest of the bags and small things. There isn't a lot by any means. We had to rent the Uhaul an extra day because of the heat.

We had to go to walmart to get toilet paper roll thingies (the part that goes inside the roll), shower rods and liners, we are getting the shower curtains from amazon. We also had to get new sheets for our bed because they ripped them using the sheet to lift the mattress up the stairs to our bedroom. OUr bed is like 5 inches taller than before lol. So it is even harder for me to climb into bed as a shorty.

Puppies are going crazy in the best way, sniffing everything. They already marked the carpet in my mom's room lol. Momma stayed at the apartment with the kitties (not our new kitty, she is coming here tomorrow with all the cats, but our neighbor still has Finfin).

Our living room sofa and love seat as well as hubby'd recliner aren't here yet, they were on backorder so we are waiting on a call for the delivery.

It doesn't seem real yet, that this is our house. It feels foreign to me. Like we are living a lie or broke into someone's home and put our stuff in it while they were on vacation.

We are so exhausted and sore and we still have a bunch to do! Hubby is taking Monday off as well because we have to return the UHaul by 7am, and the apartment needs us to be there for the inspection (not for us, but for how much repairing anything and replacing appliances to be updated will cost). We have no idea what time they will be there. So, he is taking the entire day off.

I can't wait to bring the kitties over here tomorrow!

We finally have Fiber internet as well!! Finally in an area that provides it!

Here is a video walk thru of our house with nothing in it. If you want, you can also subscribe to my channel because I will start blogging once my recording area is completed! (Shameless plug)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrichord View Post
    Just wanted to drop by and give a big congrats to you @<a href="https://clraik.com/forum/member.php?u=38123" target="_blank">Rebel_Minx</a>! What a roller coaster ride! It's great that the mortgage and closing cost were both lower. And your new kitty is so precious too.

I wish you all the best packing and moving in. Pace yourself well in that heat! That's crazy hot!
    I love your new avatar! It is so cute!!!!!! Thank you so much for your kind words and support.
    Last edited by Rebel_Minx; 08-26-2023 at 08:56 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel_Minx For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (08-27-2023)