Mentioned
    242 times
    Time Online
    123d 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    49m

secondary paypal account

Resolved
    Last edited by looklook123123; 02-17-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    41/0
    Mentioned
    247 times
    Time Online
    86d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by looklook123123 View Post
    So i have multiple paypal accounts. One personal and one i use on here.
    Unfortunately my funds on both accounts were locked. I gave the required info for my personal but now my one for here (used an alt name and address) needs to be verified as well as my SSN which i never recall providing on the secobdary account.

My money in this account are locked until i can provide info that in reality doesnt exist. How SOL am I? Does anyone else have experience with this?.
    Thanks.

I have a good chunk sitting in there right now so ideally id like to not lose it if possible.
    Oh no.

Paypal is so dumb. Like what authority do they have to lock REAL MONEY that belongs to real people.
    While I can't give advice, I certainly feel your pain and I hope it gets unlocked for you.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    56/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    37d 16h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Seems like a sketchy situation. Fake name and fake address is going to make it tough or almost impossible to get your account back. To them, it looks like you could be anyone trying to get into someone else's account since you don't have physical proof. I think your best bet is hoping they can link your computer/ip together and you can try to provide additional info such as recent transactions, when the account was created, email, etc. Then just get on the phone and go through the headaches. If one rep can't help, call back later and try to get someone else.

I remember reading somewhere that Paypal logs a lot of info when users create accounts, past just IP and info that you entered. If you didn't go out of your way to make a stealth paypal, they may be able to link the two.

Also, not sure why you would leave funds on Paypal to begin with. Their site, their terms. You break them you're just screwing yourself over. Two personal accounts is already breaking their T&C and fake info says you have something to hide. For sales, they expect you to create a business account, otherwise you're dodging taxes. Perseverance and social engineering may get your account unlocked, but I think the outcome's unlikely.