Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA: Support tickets prior to July 19th, 2023 have been lost in ownership change.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 20h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Stss View Post
    Just wondering, why would it make a difference now? I had an account that was banned for using cheat programs and I tried getting it back a couple weeks ago but was rejected. Wondering if it was possible to maybe get it back now
    Won't know if you don't try. I mostly say it because all past appeals are gone, it's a fresh appeal slate. They won't see you've been denied before.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (07-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    13 times
    Time Online
    5d 23h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthbass View Post
    Won't know if you don't try. I mostly say it because all past appeals are gone, it's a fresh appeal slate. They won't see you've been denied before.
    ahh thanks!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stss For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (07-25-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 times
    Time Online
    24d 6h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    With the new ownership I feel leniency should be granted in exchange for the chance to support the site again.
    But of course I'm sure the problem of neopets infamous shoddy support team will be continued.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Charizard For This Useful Post:

Fiore (07-26-2023),TheArcher (07-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 19h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    Having gone through multiple zendesk database switches, it's really easy to import and link an old database. Easy like it was done for us by one dev in one day. Either they're lying and they just wanted an excuse to ditch all old tickets and have a fresh start (my suspicion) or they're extremely bad at this.

There's also the part that the old tickets won't be lost - they're saying they don't have access. Which means all old tickets, including for many of us personal detail and even ID for some people are floating around somewhere. Who owns that information now and what will be done with it?

Legally if someone wanted to take issue, that could be a heck of a minefield, especially when it comes to GDPR compliant countries.

It does give us an idea of how many tickets they're dealing with, which is interesting. They've had over 5000 tickets created in a week, which does show why they're so bad with support - though some of that will be people recreating old tickets.

I wonder if it's not actually a *bad* time to contest a ban right now, as so many people are probably using the 'new' system to try for that and it might make enquiries feel more suspect if they're getting an unusually high number? The fresh start in terms of tickets should remain in place however long you leave it, so waiting a while so it doesn't look like you're rushing in to push a new system may be the best plan?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Fiore (07-26-2023),Ice (07-26-2023),TheArcher (07-25-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2d 2h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Relevant to our interests, I wonder if this will wipe the slate clean for some people who have hit a brick wall in their recovery options and would rather previous inquiries be *~*forgotten*~*.
    Wondering this too. Maybe there's hope after all that I can recover my chain-iced, IP-banned accounts
    hit me baby one more time!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 11milestereo For This Useful Post:

Fiore (07-26-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 6h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I wonder if they lost any other info like why accounts were frozen. That would be super convenient

It would be very convenient indeed! There's an account of mine that Tony Pee flagged and I'd like to have it back.

Edit: Even long after Tony had left Alice specifically told me that he left a "report" that was attached to my account as to why I couldn't have it back and they weren't going to entertain any responses of mine from that point on. She wouldn't budge on it either. I hope that, with the new ticket system, any reasons why an account was frozen is completely gone. The reason he felt the need to leave some kind of marker on my account for something benign just seems absolutely stupid.
    Last edited by Fiore; 07-26-2023 at 02:36 AM.

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 20h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    tony penis is (figuratively not literally) dead

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

charmed (07-26-2023),Fiore (07-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    369 times
    Time Online
    68d 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    I've tried 3 times to get an account back and that stupid ban reason is why. I need it to be cleared. WHY WON'T THAT SYSTEM FAIL AND ERASE?!?!!

I'm so frustrated.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilac Tentacles For This Useful Post:

Charizard (07-26-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    50 times
    Time Online
    37d 2h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    For those that have accounts they want to unfreeze, if they were frozen for "scamming", you can appeal the freeze if you're willing to have all UC pets on that account converted and all NP and NP items deleted.

Scamming, in their definition btw, can be anything from the actual definition of scamming, cheating in games, cheating in the form of stolen pets to some other stuff. It's all put under the label of scamming, though. But yeah, they will hit you with that stipulation and you can regain access to your account. Best method still remains to make a ticket, post the number on highway to help, and message their social media. Typically I've had the best success with Facebook.
    Thank you Lyrichord for the userbar!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    313d 23h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 57m
    Quote Originally Posted by Evelynn View Post
    For those that have accounts they want to unfreeze, if they were frozen for "scamming", you can appeal the freeze if you're willing to have all UC pets on that account converted and all NP and NP items deleted.

Scamming, in their definition btw, can be anything from the actual definition of scamming, cheating in games, cheating in the form of stolen pets to some other stuff. It's all put under the label of scamming, though. But yeah, they will hit you with that stipulation and you can regain access to your account. Best method still remains to make a ticket, post the number on highway to help, and message their social media. Typically I've had the best success with Facebook.
    For some odd reason they do not give me this option lol I even asked them about this
    Last edited by Bowsette; 07-26-2023 at 05:29 AM.