178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Clear View Post
    I feel like there was a series where I did that, but I can't quite recall what it was at this time. (too tired, probably...)
    But I tend to stick to shorter series with only one or two seasons. Don't have the patience for those really long ones with many seasons. ww
    I'd watch One Piece, but maaaan, 6xx episodes? Nope. XD.

(you need an account to see links)

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    6d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    since you posted on my thread, im greeting you in yours as well it's quite amazing that you are able to write japanese! hahah this is pretty awesome.
    I don't like anime that much anymore, BUT there are classics that will always be in my heart <3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    60/2
    Mentioned
    91 times
    Time Online
    31d 8h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    はじめまして。
    ようこそ!
    テクストともうします。
    わたしはにほんごをべんきょうしています。
    I haven't started on kanji yet so I can't read most things
    I know a few like 私、人、女、休み、山、川、上、下、 and numbers, but that's barely anything compared to the 160 that I need to know by the end of the year.
    I'm planning to take the N5 in December!
    よろしくおねがいします。

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
    I'd watch One Piece, but maaaan, 6xx episodes? Nope. XD.
    Yeeeeeah... no. LOL. I really want to watch hitman reborn, but I can't be arsed to watch that many episodes of something. pfft.

@(you need an account to see links) - Thank you! For the welcome and the compliment.
    But I understand, haha. When I went through the beginning of high school, I stopped watching anime completely until I started checking out anime conventions in 11th grade. Which anime might those be? q:

@(you need an account to see links) -
    ありがとうございますー はじめまして。
    そうですか!がんばってね!
    Yeah, kanji can be kind of difficult. Actually, my formal classes at uni don't teach me kanji. Strangely. I guess they feel that speaking is much more important...
    But I had done some self study before I came to Japan and I would say I know a fair amount. Likely, I can read about 400 ~ 500 kanji in context. (Can't hand write many though) I used to know 600 but I'm bumping down the estimate since I'm pretty sure I forgot a lot. ^^;
    Once you learn them though, it makes reading a lot easier! Reading just hiragana becomes a nightmare sometimes. ww
    Last edited by Clear; 04-26-2015 at 01:05 AM.
    「マスター」

"I will protect you. Even if it destroys me."

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    Yeeeeeah... no. LOL. I really want to watch hitman reborn, but I can't be arsed to watch that many episodes of something. pfft.

@(you need an account to see links) - Thank you! For the welcome and the compliment.
    But I understand, haha. When I went through the beginning of high school, I stopped watching anime completely until I started checking out anime conventions in 11th grade. Which anime might those be? q:

@(you need an account to see links) -
    ありがとうございますー はじめまして。
    そうですか!がんばってね!
    Yeah, kanji can be kind of difficult. Actually, my formal classes at uni don't teach me kanji. Strangely. I guess they feel that speaking is much more important...
    But I had done some self study before I came to Japan and I would say I know a fair amount. Likely, I can read about 400 ~ 500 kanji in context. (Can't hand write many though) I used to know 600 but I'm bumping down the estimate since I'm pretty sure I forgot a lot. ^^;
    Once you learn them though, it makes reading a lot easier! Reading just hiragana becomes a nightmare sometimes. ww
    Hahaha. my top longest anime I've watched would be:
    Naruto+shippuuden
    Bleach and DB+DBZ+GT. Oh... and probably pokemon XD
    How do you write the kanji? Do you use the Alt+### combo (if you're on Windows), virtual keyboard or what? XD
    I just put in google translate for example: 'arigato' to get the kanji; ありがと (basically romaji->kanji)
    I'd LOVE to learn Japanese, everything I've 'learned' has been basically self-taught e.e

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

"A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of f��ks I do not give"

「君が望むモノは何?」

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Hahaha. my top longest anime I've watched would be:
    Naruto+shippuuden
    Bleach and DB+DBZ+GT. Oh... and probably pokemon XD
    How do you write the kanji? Do you use the Alt+### combo (if you're on Windows), virtual keyboard or what? XD
    I just put in google translate for example: 'arigato' to get the kanji; ありがと (basically romaji->kanji)
    I'd LOVE to learn Japanese, everything I've 'learned' has been basically self-taught e.e
    For me... I think probably Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball Z, Yugioh and Pokemon are likely the longest series I've watched. And I don't think I ever finished any of them. But they were on toonami and stuff when I was a kid so I would watch them.
    Ah, that's actually not kanji that you've written - that's hiragana. Japanese has 3 (well technically 4 if you include romaji but Japanese natives don't really use it - it's basically writing things in English characters). Kanji are chinese characters used in the Japanese system. But anyway, you can write Japanese characters using an IME keyboard. (You can easily google how to get that "Japanese IME keyboard"). But honestly I get lazy of switching back and forth so I use google translate often when I know I'm going to be changing between English/Japanese a lot. (Not that it's hard to switch but I'm incredibly lazy. You can just hit alt+shift to switch. But it always brings me back to romaji and that bugs me...)

Anyway! I was thinking about writing a guide here for people who want to learn Japanese. Like, where to start...some basics, where to go next, good resources that I recommend, how to study, and if I ever get a scanner... I would scan some of the Japanese readers that I got handed to me for free in class for others to use here (the real deals are expensive). As long as that's not against the rules. I was also considering at some point to dissect vocaloid songs to help other people with their learning if I ever get the time.
    Last edited by Clear; 04-26-2015 at 02:02 AM.
    「マスター」

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Clear For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (04-26-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    For me... I think probably Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Dragon Ball Z, Yugioh and Pokemon are likely the longest series I've watched. And I don't think I ever finished any of them. But they were on toonami and stuff when I was a kid so I would watch them.
    Ah, that's actually not kanji that you've written - that's hiragana. Japanese has 3 (well technically 4 if you include romaji but Japanese natives don't really use it - it's basically writing things in English characters). Kanji are chinese characters used in the Japanese system. But anyway, you can write Japanese characters using an IME keyboard. (You can easily google how to get that "Japanese IME keyboard"). But honestly I get lazy of switching back and forth so I use google translate often when I know I'm going to be changing between English/Japanese a lot. (Not that it's hard to switch but I'm incredibly lazy. You can just hit alt+shift to switch. But it always brings me back to romaji and that bugs me...)

Anyway! I was thinking about writing a guide here for people who want to learn Japanese. Like, where to start...some basics, where to go next, good resources that I recommend, how to study, and if I ever get a scanner... I would scan some of the Japanese readers that I got handed to me for free in class for others to use here (the real deals are expensive). As long as that's not against the rules. I was also considering at some point to dissect vocaloid songs to help other people with their learning if I ever get the time.
    Yeah, while writing the post I changed/modified some stuff before submitting it XD
    I know some of that, but thanks for explaining! . I thought it was like this: Kanji: basically the symbols that could be written in both hiragana and katakana & Romaji: basically how they sound (in letters e.g. kokoro) XD
    Dunno if that makes sense e.e

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

「君が望むモノは何?」

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    2d 17h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Yeah, while writing the post I changed/modified some stuff before submitting it XD
    I know some of that, but thanks for explaining! . I thought it was like this: Kanji: basically the symbols that could be written in both hiragana and katakana & Romaji: basically how they sound (in letters e.g. kokoro) XD
    Dunno if that makes sense e.e
    More less, you're right.
    Any kanji can of course be written in hiragana. But there tends to be a common way to write things and writing it differently will look strange to native speakers. For example, sometimes there's a kanji for a word but the hiragana is more common, or vice versa. There are also some words that can we written either way without trouble though, like kawaii. Both kanji and hiragana are a-ok for it! 可愛い / かわいい.
    「マスター」

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Clear For This Useful Post:

Accelerator (04-26-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    178/0
    Mentioned
    744 times
    Time Online
    335d 1h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 2m
    More less, you're right.
    Any kanji can of course be written in hiragana. But there tends to be a common way to write things and writing it differently will look strange to native speakers. For example, sometimes there's a kanji for a word but the hiragana is more common, or vice versa. There are also some words that can we written either way without trouble though, like kawaii. Both kanji and hiragana are a-ok for it! 可愛い / かわいい.
    Ohh...わかりました

"Date et dabitur vobis"
    「Let's fight 恐れはない」

「君が望むモノは何?」

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    6d 1h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    @(you need an account to see links) (i hope this is how you do a mention here! *cough*suchanoob*cough*) I had to leave anime when i started uni :B it was too time consuming and it literally wouldn't leave me time for anything else. However, there are shows I can obviously sit now and watch all in one time, and it would just drive my heart insane with love and feels and memories lol Full Metal Alchemist, a classic. Hunter x Hunter, Yuu Yuu Hakusho, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, Inu Yasha, Mermaid Saga, Gravitation... gah. My good ole classics