4/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    155d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    I can't fathom why people get so upset about the RR caps? I mean, if an item is nice, it'd still hold value? I can understand that it makes those items more challenging to trade ONSITE, but why can't we all just have pretty things? With that said, with all of the AC team gear in the middle section of the cap, I can't imagine the popular items in that section deflating by a shit ton either.
    This is the first time a RR cap has came out where popular items have held their value though. While people are happy that there are more around, when you spend ~30-35 in value to get something that drops ~15-16 overnight is a hard pill to swallow. Whether you traded in GBCs onsite ($60-70) or bought it on here, you're still losing half of what you put in to get the item.

Some items that have been RRd have just started returning towards their old values. Typically with the RRs, values quarter to halve overnight and it takes a year plus for it to even start gaining in value again.

I'm not saying that hard to find/popular items should stay at high costs just because people would lose money, but it does get frustrating to lose out on your money like that.

At some point I think enough things are going to RR that it kills off the NC regulars. I'm not saying the argument is the same, but if they don't RR UC's, they shouldn't RR every NC item either. All that is happening now is the gap between hard to find/rare items and everything else is getting even wider.

Playing devil's advocate though, RRs do bring a lot of new blood into NC trading so it is really great to see them able to get the nice items that others were just fortunate enough to get from events. If RRs push out all of the salty "old school" NC traders, the NCC will be just fine, just different. There's nothing wrong with different!
    Last edited by Malarkey; 06-13-2019 at 06:55 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Malarkey For This Useful Post:

Emerald (06-13-2019),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (06-13-2019),Pearl (06-14-2019),tonic (07-23-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    3d 6h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by supertrooper View Post
    This is the first time a RR cap has came out where popular items have held their value though. While people are happy that there are more around, when you spend ~30-35 in value to get something that drops ~15-16 overnight is a hard pill to swallow. Whether you traded in GBCs onsite ($60-70) or bought it on here, you're still losing half of what you put in to get the item.

Some items that have been RRd have just started returning towards their old values. Typically with the RRs, values quarter to halve overnight and it takes a year plus for it to even start gaining in value again.

I'm not saying that hard to find/popular items should stay at high costs just because people would lose money, but it does get frustrating to lose out on your money like that.

At some point I think enough things are going to RR that it kills off the NC regulars. I'm not saying the argument is the same, but if they don't RR UC's, they shouldn't RR every NC item either. All that is happening now is the gap between hard to find/rare items and everything else is getting even wider.

Playing devil's advocate though, RRs do bring a lot of new blood into NC trading so it is really great to see them able to get the nice items that others were just fortunate enough to get from events. If RRs push out all of the salty "old school" NC traders, the NCC will be just fine, just different. There's nothing wrong with different!
    Oh I definitely understand the fair points you brought up! My post was geared more toward people who trade for populars just to trade for populars, or for people who trade strictly for status symbols. Having said that, there is nothing wrong at all for doing so; to each, their own. I too believe that they shouldn't RR ~everything~ just to make a quick buck. Bridging the NC gap now is very comparable to purges that create a larger gap between converteds and UCs, especially since they won't be rereleased, so I can see logic in that argument.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald For This Useful Post:

Malarkey (06-13-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    47 times
    Time Online
    32d 10h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    A majority of the HTF "populars" are ugly as FUCK
    who wants a that giant oversized flower staff? underwater easter statue?? literally anything tacky.... like wat

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to people For This Useful Post:

Autobot (06-13-2019),Fioxe (06-14-2019),kenshiro (08-12-2019),Meepit (06-14-2019),tonic (07-23-2019),tribbianitribble (06-14-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    30d 1h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    Last edited by Pearl; 06-14-2019 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Forgot to complete spoiler tag

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pearl For This Useful Post:

khiri (06-14-2019),Malarkey (06-14-2019),people (06-14-2019)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 19h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald View Post
    I can't fathom why people get so upset about the RR caps? I mean, if an item is nice, it'd still hold value? I can understand that it makes those items more challenging to trade ONSITE, but why can't we all just have pretty things? With that said, with all of the AC team gear in the middle section of the cap, I can't imagine the popular items in that section deflating by a shit ton either.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

Malarkey (06-14-2019),Pearl (06-14-2019)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    70 times
    Time Online
    155d 7h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 21m
    I figured since I already bitched about Lauren once today on the users get under your skin thread, that I'd post this here.

I understand that things being valued too low can be frustrating and a way to take advantage of inexperienced traders. I also understand that using DTI as a gauge for item rarity can be helpful. What I can't get behind is these public "This value isn't right because of xyz" without a real reason. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that these items are on people's DTI wishlists because they want it as fodder and not because they actually want to own it. I know I'm guilty of this and I take it into account when looking at older items.

No one wanted them when they were out, no one really wants it now, they just want it in case someone is searching for it and has something they want. Does that mean the value should be higher?

Just because an item is old or rare, does not mean that it isn't a ~1-2 value. If it becomes popular, a few people might get burned, but the value will rise just like it did with Colourful Staircase Background. If it's not popular and no one wants it, leave it at ~1-2 or value it however the fuck you wish.

I'm just waiting for the day where NC trading dies off because no one can afford the wack ass values users are placing on their items. The only access you'll have to older items is through re-releases which will drive down the wacky values, or buying them offsite. Or just suck it up and customize your pets with the mostly mediocre new items that come out.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Malarkey For This Useful Post:

Gato (07-10-2019),Maki (07-10-2019),Marcel27 (07-22-2019),Meepit (07-10-2019),tonic (07-23-2019),tribbianitribble (07-10-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    69 times
    Time Online
    58d 19h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    I figured since I already bitched about Lauren once today on the users get under your skin thread, that I'd post this here.

I understand that things being valued too low can be frustrating and a way to take advantage of inexperienced traders. I also understand that using DTI as a gauge for item rarity can be helpful. What I can't get behind is these public "This value isn't right because of xyz" without a real reason. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that these items are on people's DTI wishlists because they want it as fodder and not because they actually want to own it. I know I'm guilty of this and I take it into account when looking at older items.

No one wanted them when they were out, no one really wants it now, they just want it in case someone is searching for it and has something they want. Does that mean the value should be higher?

Just because an item is old or rare, does not mean that it isn't a ~1-2 value. If it becomes popular, a few people might get burned, but the value will rise just like it did with Colourful Staircase Background. If it's not popular and no one wants it, leave it at ~1-2 or value it however the fuck you wish.

I'm just waiting for the day where NC trading dies off because no one can afford the wack ass values users are placing on their items. The only access you'll have to older items is through re-releases which will drive down the wacky values, or buying them offsite. Or just suck it up and customize your pets with the mostly mediocre new items that come out.
    I also hate it when people wont say what they want and are like how much are you willing to offer? well nothing now lol bye. Then you have these people going on about values to buff up their own junk hoard lists. They make trading so needlessly difficult and then bitch when they can't get trades? I just started buying big stuff here. Good luck fighting among yourselves over values on shit you don't even like trading twats!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meepit For This Useful Post:

Baelia (07-22-2019),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (07-10-2019),Malarkey (07-10-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    24d 2h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    13m

Last edited by Chihiro; 07-10-2019 at 08:51 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chihiro For This Useful Post:

Maki (07-10-2019),Meepit (07-10-2019)

Pronouns
    minty/fresh
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    1,231 times
    Time Online
    340d 23h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 58m
    Quote Originally Posted by ptolemys View Post
    Her leaps in logic astound me LOL
    She's really trying to push the DTI ratios as a standard

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maki For This Useful Post:

Malarkey (07-10-2019),Meepit (07-10-2019)

*hair toss*
    Pronouns
    She/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    58/0
    Mentioned
    402 times
    Time Online
    82d 2h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    47m
    I've recently traded my Cropped Auburn Locks in a 1:1, 1 GBC trade so there's no way it's 3-5

It's ugly as sin, too, who wants it? lmao

I reported my recent trades for Watermelon Makeup and Strawberry FP... Watermelon was 6-8 and Strawberry 8-10... Why, I don't know, because that Strawberry FP is hard as heck to customize with.

My point is is that these trades are happening - but because a lot of them happen off the Neoboards, with users contacting each other directly, these people who want to inflate values use it as a chance to scaremonger folks into thinking the market for them is stagnant.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flordibel For This Useful Post:

Meepit (07-10-2019),Pearl (07-22-2019)