Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have any reoccurring dreams?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    172/0
    Mentioned
    657 times
    Time Online
    182d 5h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 15m
    @(you need an account to see links), I'm sorry to hear about your nightmares.
    My nightmares are pathetic, usually to do with school and either teaching badly or having a horrible class.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    34/0
    Mentioned
    315 times
    Time Online
    49d 2h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Quote Originally Posted by Peridot View Post
    i get this bs way too often lmao. most recently i felt someone sit on my bed like right next to me and when i looked i saw some guy ive seen like 400 times in nightmares lean close to my face and just stare for a few seconds with this wide grin and i could like... feel his breath on my face and everything, and i had such a delayed reaction to it too? i just grabbed my phone and shone the light in his face and he wasnt there at all and i didnt actually feel anything until he was gone at which point the panic and feeling of 'im about to die or worse' settled in. that was about a week ago now. ive been going to sleep at 7am when its light out since then just to avoid creepy shadow people lmao.

i have recurring nightmares very often. the biggest one is teeth falling out or looking mangled in some way, another is having my house broken into-- ALWAYS the worst because its always some guy trying to push the door to my house open and the door DOESNT FIT THE FRAME OR WONT LOCK!!!!! FUUUUUUCK!!!!!! i get these types of dreams like every 3 nights, its given me some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder around 'have i locked the door' and 'is the door big enough to fit in the doorframe'? i aint need more shit to be paranoid about, but ok!!! another recurring one i have is the same girl staring at me with an odd expression. like shes just baring her teeth at me, but i can tell its a grin? shes not smiling at all but i know shes definitely smiling, and her eyes are wide, and i look around and shes everywhere just staring at me with this same blank expression. every time i point her out in the dream people get pissed off at me and it usually ends up with me having a knife pulled out on me by a family member or a friend? all because i point out this weird smiling girl nobody can see but me. not fun at all.

#tw for rape
    It's so weird when the same dreams pop up over and over. I made the mistake one day of doing some Google searching for dream analysis just for the heck of it. I ended up on a page that briefly mentioned those who claim to have had alien encounters or abductions say they had dreams later on of being watched or followed around. Along with that are dreams involving stabbing and prodding of sorts. Now I am fully aware that alien theories are way out in left field but for that moment I was reading it did make sense. I have never had some E.T encounter, that I know of

At least your dreams have identified people. Mine do not. No faces ever it's just a fade or blob of black for the face. Though in my dream I know I was with my mom or whoever but they do not have a face. It's weird. Dreams make total sense in the dream though, trying to understand later is the confusing part.

I asked my bf if he has reoccurring dreams. He said teeth falling out too. I wonder why that is so common.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    16/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    20h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Not necessarily re-occurring, but there are familiar places that pop up frequently (i.e. elementary school, previous places of residence, landmarks, the local park, etc.). Other re-occurring themes are: not being able to run or punch, flying, jumping very high, etc. However I rarely have a theme that occurs regularly, or dreams that have "sequels".

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Also, I forgot to add, but, as of lately, this one specific type of dream has began to grow as predominant for me, reocurring at least once a week.

TW because violence.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    63/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    20h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I have a reoccurring dream where a one-eyed beggar asks for money in a strange and spooky noise and a giant(huge) yarn ball rolls over me!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    9/0
    Mentioned
    24 times
    Time Online
    8d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    I used to have a version of the same dream every night - not a terror-filled one like yours, OP, but certainly not a good one. Without going into too much detail, it turned out that the dreams were related to a certain event that was going on in my life. I had the dream for years, and it abruptly stopped after I crossed said hurdle. Perhaps yours is a similar situation?

Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    Also, I forgot to add, but, as of lately, this one specific type of dream has began to grow as predominant for me, reocurring at least once a week.

TW because violence.
    Wait... are you telling me it's not normal to have dreams about killing people every night?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    21d 17h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    @(you need an account to see links)
    i hate when you have these dreams and they feel so life-like! sometimes when my sleep schedule is really poor and i haven't had much sleep i have these really vivid dreams (hallucinations?) that people are in my room with me. like, it could be my friends sitting on the bed or just in my room trying to talk to me and i'm uncomfortable because i'm in my bed trying to sleep and i'm actively trying to get them to leave, but then i wake up and realize i'm alone, but for hours i could have SWORN they were there with me. it's so weird.

in response to recurring dreams, i have a dream where i'm in a room with only one door for an exit and no windows - it's a very grand looking room, there's a little table with tea in front of me, and i'm laying on a soft couch. at some point a single file line of british soldiers (uniforms like during the american revolution) come in and march around the room in a square before leaving. i'm scared but they don't notice me, and i follow them out of the room and have breakfast with them. at some point they get angry with me and i have to escape.

it's really strange, but i have this same dream every few years and i still have no idea why...

Pronouns
    he/they/she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    59 times
    Time Online
    30d 11h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    Wait... are you telling me it's not normal to have dreams about killing people every night?
    Not.... for me?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    84/0
    Mentioned
    142 times
    Time Online
    11d 18h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I have dreams often about being able to have some sort of great jumping ability, like I can just leap and soar kind of like I'm flying and I'll do this either around large rooms/areas or across the tops of buildings. Those are my favorites.

I also have recurring dreams about my teeth crumbling to pieces and those really scare me.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    12d 15h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm forever having dreams of driving...
    I can't drive IRL,