Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So, Drake is trying to ruin his career.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by notsober View Post
    I dunno, it seems like one of those "joking around and the media blows it out of proportion" type things from what I've seen. Kanye says Drake would bury Em, though, just like he did with Meek Mill LOL. Remember that guy?
    If this were real, Eminem would effectively end Drakes career. Think about it. All of Eminem's best songs were diss tracks.

Stay down, you do not want to get up.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePrimeOfAllPrimes View Post
    If this were real, Eminem would effectively end Drakes career. Think about it. All of Eminem's best songs were diss tracks.

I'm not 100% sold on that. Eminem's been out for years. Not saying he couldn't put up a fight, but I just don't see him being as good as he used to be. If there is a feud though, that would be good to watch, haha.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    19 times
    Time Online
    2d 1h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I'm not 100% sold on that. Eminem's been out for years. Not saying he couldn't put up a fight, but I just don't see him being as good as he used to be. If there is a feud though, that would be good to watch, haha.
    Drake couldn't rap battle against a chair. He doesn't write any of his own stuff. Eminem could destroy him with one verse.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Drake couldn't rap battle against a chair. He doesn't write any of his own stuff. Eminem could destroy him with one verse.

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 AM ----------

Sorry bout that ^ accidental multi post

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    You guys realize rapping is basically having a firm grasp of the language and being able to put together lines in such a way that almost it's poetic - in some cases? That isn't something you simply lose because you get older. If anything, I bet eminem has gotten even better than he was before.
    I still really want this to happen, 8 mile style.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Sci_Girl (08-08-2016),Teakwood (08-08-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 14h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    You guys realize rapping is basically having a firm grasp of the language and being able to put together lines in such a way that almost it's poetic - in some cases? That isn't something you simply lose because you get older. If anything, I bet eminem has gotten even better than he was before.
    I still really want this to happen, 8 mile style.
    I understand that, but he's out of practice. As with anything, you lose your proficiency over time if you don't keep up with it. I think Em would win, mainly because I don't believe Drake writes his own stuff, but I don't know if I would say it's obvious who the winner is before it even starts. I'd pay to see it happen, but I don't think it's going to.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    dunno if em still got it like he did in his younger days though
    Nah man, in an interview after his 4 years of not releasing any songs (due to drug problems and recovery) he admitted to have forgotten how to rap. That's the power of a drug addiction...

He stated he had to learn how to rap again. It would be pretty sad if he had a ghostwriter to write some of his lyrics now.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j03 For This Useful Post:

Guy (08-10-2016),notsober (08-09-2016)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Him not relevant? Out of the game for 15 years? Have you listened to Shady XV? He still puts out better lyrics than any "known" artist alive right now.

Drake trying to battle him would be completely stupid. Drake had one good "album" and that was his Ghost Money mixtape. He can't rap. Period.

Eminem has successfully ended the careers of many people who have mentioned his name. Rappers or not. He has the ability to take on anyone in the game right now and effectively win if it came down to a "battle". Now, that being said, Eminem is not a battle rapper. Cassidy in his prime, Eyedea, Dizaster; any of them would have put Em to shame in a battle environment. Nowadays, there aren't any decent battle rappers that could put up much of a fight, to my knowledge. I'm only speculating because I haven't seen anything regarding rap battles since Cassidy battled Dizaster last year (which was a hilarious misconception of a "battle). The last decent battle I've seen is Mac Lethal VS. Dirtbag Dan.

Now, we go underground? There's MANY artists that could put Em to shame right now. But Drake? Not a slim chance in Canadian hell.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    38d 16h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Misha View Post
    Drake trying to battle him would be completely stupid. Drake had one good "album" and that was his Ghost Money mixtape. He can't rap. Period.
    Drake definitely had more than one good album lol

Take Care, Nothing Was the Same, IYRTITL, even Views are pretty solid. Even if there's some controversy around him RN it doesn't take away from the quality projects he's consistently dropped over the years.

Either way though Eminem hasn't been the same to me since around the time The Eminem Show dropped...even if his technical ability is still there, it feels like something is missing...maybe it's the damage from all the drugs or just old age or whatever, but his new stuff isnt as good IMO

+ if Drake and Eminem actually had a "battle" it'd probably come down to whoever can make the catchiest song w/ the catchiest bars for the average person to enjoy, and I doubt Eminem can do that better than Drake right now lol I could be wrong though but if I were Eminem I wouldn't risk it

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 11h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 13m
    They are both two totally different artists. I think 40 deserves half of Drake's credit/fame but of course we just see "Drake". Some of beats Drake uses are LIT!
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    37/0
    Mentioned
    376 times
    Time Online
    58d 2h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    22m
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo View Post
    Drake definitely had more than one good album lol

Take Care, Nothing Was the Same, IYRTITL, even Views are pretty solid. Even if there's some controversy around him RN it doesn't take away from the quality projects he's consistently dropped over the years.

Either way though Eminem hasn't been the same to me since around the time The Eminem Show dropped...even if his technical ability is still there, it feels like something is missing...maybe it's the damage from all the drugs or just old age or whatever, but his new stuff isnt as good IMO

+ if Drake and Eminem actually had a "battle" it'd probably come down to whoever can make the catchiest song w/ the catchiest bars for the average person to enjoy, and I doubt Eminem can do that better than Drake right now lol I could be wrong though but if I were Eminem I wouldn't risk it

Yeah you're right about the catchy bars being the winner for the main fanbase of most of Drake's fans. If it came down to technicality, lyrical content, double/triple/quadruple entendres, ability to rhyme the words "orange" and freaking "racecar", Eminem would still be able to KILL it. Drake has amazing beats, he's very good at singing, his bars are just lacking content. He's another Lil Wayne after the Carter 3. He stopped trying to make meaningful music and make sad shit and poppy crap to make you think you like it. I'm not going to, for even a second, try to down play Drake's success but I pretty much gave up trying to listen to him after I heard "Started From The Bottom" or whatever it was called. He's fake as fuck for that. Period. He's a trust fund baby, an actor, and made a nice career in music because of his connections. But also, yeah I think Em lost a lot of his ability due to him putting out SO much different stuff that he really doesn't have any subjects he can touch on anymore. He's out of content. He's done everything there is to do. I still firmly believe that Drake would NOT be able to even come close to touching Em's very real talent. Yeaah he sells, but he sells because it's catchy. I like music to have very deep and meaningful messages. And Joe said it too, they are completely different styles of artists.