53/0
    Mentioned
    323 times
    Time Online
    178d 13h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 1m

Neopets Discontinuing Site Access in Chinese/Nederlands Language

From February 2015, this language version of Neopets page will stop updating. But then, we still can go to the website, the station continues to enjoy the conduct of the favorite activities! The next few weeks, we will give you further information. If the players still want to keep the latest website content, and their proficiency in other languages, please refer to the following language versions of Neopets website: English, French, German, Portuguese and Spanish. Go to the bottom right of the page, click "Select Language", you can select from the drop down menu.
    - Neopets Team
    ^Message you see if you switch to one of the languages at the bottom.
    Not sure how strong either of the two userbases are, but I for one am rather disappointed at all these cut-downs on site content. I'd get if something positive came out of all these discontinuations, but that has yet to happen.

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    There actually is a positive side to this. They will have more time/resources to work on things that are more important.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    86 times
    Time Online
    35d 6h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    Honestly after being on neo for like 4 days....I am kinda sad at everything. Games don't reset high scores, glitches galore, and the boards are just plain dead. Even the pound chat is pretty dead compared to back in the day. Maybe getting rid of those languages will help them fix a few things..I was gunna get back into neopets and buy a main account and UCs again, get back into the buying/selling market but now I'm a bit scared that neopets is on its last leg here. Maybe the players on those languages will come to remaining languages and make it a bit more lively.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to katix For This Useful Post:

Pusheen (03-01-2015)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    970 times
    Time Online
    279d 7h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 35m
    I'd assume the Dutch people will just easily switch to English, but Neopets is pretty big there in the Netherlands. I'd assume the same for the Chinese, as their population is huge, so it's a big surprising honestly at least for the Chinese part, but probably hard as hell to translate into Chinese constantly.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kylae For This Useful Post:

Zeus (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    19/0
    Mentioned
    733 times
    Time Online
    158d 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    I have a close friend that uses the Chinese Neopets, she knows english of course so she'll change to that, but still, she used to participate on the Chinese Neotimes and is very sad to see a huge community dissapear. I often attend the Spanish language and is pretty dead actually, so I wouldn't be surprised that would be next.

I don't see how closing one language would let TNT work on other parts of the sites, since for what I knew, the english TNT is who works on all, and the staff that translates and replies to tickets of other languages are individual and separated parts? I just guess it would be an improvement in deleting weight to the site and maybe make it run faster (plus saving more money that before went to the translators, probably now unemployed).

Saiyan Race
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    23/36
    Mentioned
    3,871 times
    Time Online
    564d 12h 13m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 12m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rrachel View Post
    I have a close friend that uses the Chinese Neopets, she knows english of course so she'll change to that, but still, she used to participate on the Chinese Neotimes and is very sad to see a huge community dissapear. I often attend the Spanish language and is pretty dead actually, so I wouldn't be surprised that would be next.

I don't see how closing one language would let TNT work on other parts of the sites, since for what I knew, the english TNT is who works on all, and the staff that translates and replies to tickets of other languages are individual and separated parts? I just guess it would be an improvement in deleting weight to the site and maybe make it run faster (plus saving more money that before went to the translators, probably now unemployed).
    They had to have fired these workers that did the Chinese/Nederlands content to make room for other staff who are most likely gonna help improve the site.
    (you need an account to see links)
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

------------------------
    [02/24/2013] Stealth CORE is made into the first standalone Neopets auto-player.
    ------------------------

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    67d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    25m
    All the Dutch players abandoned the boards a long time ago already. They all seem to automatically play the game set at English. Even though there are alot of Dutch players, the Dutch version itsself won't be missed.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 14h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous Joe View Post
    They had to have fired these workers that did the Chinese/Nederlands content to make room for other staff who are most likely gonna help improve the site.
    I'm hoping this is the case. Reminds me of why they might have taken down the random contest. Better allocation of resources to run the site. Gives me a little bit of hope actually that they're looking at their budget and thinking for the long haul. I think these moves of trimming down on low yielding/loss making efforts will put more efforts into higher yielding items. I'm hoping less lag in peak times with more servers though I imagine NC tie-ins to site events will be more likely. Would still like more events or *gasp* a plot even if there's no battling.