Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: For the people stuck at home for the lockdown, what are you doing?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    9 times
    Time Online
    2d 12h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Welp online classes are starting again in a few days it was fun while the laziness lasted

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 time
    Time Online
    7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Think we're going to go back to office soon. Been nice working from home while it lasted

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

I entered a new job during the pandemic so I've always worked from home. Have never seen any of my colleagues face to face so it'll be interesting to actually go to the office! I've just been binging Netflix lately to get over this period.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    265 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    I work from home in general, way before the pandemic. So procrastination is a huge problem. Recently I tried some apps that help with time management and I can say I'm very satisfied. I combine the Pomodoro app on my phone to divide my work time on smaller portions (25 mins for example) and set up breaks (5 - 15 mins) between them. I was doing that before, by writing down on paper, but it's fancier on the app and also you gain sunlight points that go towards a tree and at the end, if I'm not mistaken, they actually plant a real tree. The same tree principle goes with the Forest app, but this is more to prevent you from getting distracted. I've installed it on my laptop as I don't have games on my phone so I don't get distracted with it but I do with Neopets, Facebook and the likes. So you add the sites in a blacklist and run the extension for your browser, you set a period - 10 to 120 min and during this time if you try to log into a site from the blacklist, its blackened and you can't do anything unless you speicifically click on "abandon" but the your tree dies It seemed very naif in the beginning but I found out that it actually works for me. I'm sure there's plenty other similar apps if you don't like these particular ones so you can research and give it a try.
    Oh thank you so much!!

This seems like great advice. I'll give that a shot on Monday If not I'll check for others too!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

nousha (05-02-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    2d 13h 28m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've been working from home, every weekday except for 2 weeks.

I work as a paralegal, and although our court system is crippled, there have been a skeleton crew at the courts working, so thankfully I haven't been laid off or furloughed. My remote server connection is absolutely horrendous, with my desktop constantly freezing and losing connection. My job did order a mandatory 2 week off period, but I was paid for the 2 weeks. During those 2 weeks, I cleaned my apartment top to bottom and watched all of Binging with Babish. I tried to get my Warlock to 60 in World of Warcraft but only got up to 39. I know I know, I suck.

I'm fortunate that my boyfriend moved in with me the day before my state (Michigan) went into lockdown. He moved here from Utah. I'm grateful because then it would just be me and my two cats in here, and I wouldn't have anyone human to talk to!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I've found webcams. Been watching Edinburgh Zoo - (you need an account to see links). Managed to catch feeding time. When the zoo is open the penguins go for walk before being fed. Google gives lots of webcams. RZSS (Royal Zoological Society of Scotland) have more animals at Kincraig. I remember seeing a polar bear there.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to user123 For This Useful Post:

♥ lagrima ♥ (05-15-2020),My name is Yoshikage Kira (05-05-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    6d 2h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    Quote Originally Posted by nousha View Post
    I work from home in general, way before the pandemic. So procrastination is a huge problem. Recently I tried some apps that help with time management and I can say I'm very satisfied. I combine the Pomodoro app on my phone to divide my work time on smaller portions (25 mins for example) and set up breaks (5 - 15 mins) between them. I was doing that before, by writing down on paper, but it's fancier on the app and also you gain sunlight points that go towards a tree and at the end, if I'm not mistaken, they actually plant a real tree. The same tree principle goes with the Forest app, but this is more to prevent you from getting distracted. I've installed it on my laptop as I don't have games on my phone so I don't get distracted with it but I do with Neopets, Facebook and the likes. So you add the sites in a blacklist and run the extension for your browser, you set a period - 10 to 120 min and during this time if you try to log into a site from the blacklist, its blackened and you can't do anything unless you speicifically click on "abandon" but the your tree dies It seemed very naif in the beginning but I found out that it actually works for me. I'm sure there's plenty other similar apps if you don't like these particular ones so you can research and give it a try.
    This sounds so cool! I'm using a similar chrome extension called Self Control (to replace my lack of actual human self-control) and it basically does the same thing except there is no way to disable it after you set the time limit. I find myself getting more distracted by my colleagues pinging me for every small task and just generally having to answer more work messages, emails, questions from my inbox, Slack, FB/Instagram messages etc...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to katongpool For This Useful Post:

nousha (05-10-2020)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Basically panicking.

Otherwise getting a lot of apartment cleaning done and trying to learn to watercolor.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    22/0
    Mentioned
    3 times
    Time Online
    2d 7h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Basically panicking [2] hahaha

Trying to study Java and Android, while getting addicted again to neopets...

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    3d 1h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by katongpool View Post
    This sounds so cool! I'm using a similar chrome extension called Self Control (to replace my lack of actual human self-control) and it basically does the same thing except there is no way to disable it after you set the time limit. I find myself getting more distracted by my colleagues pinging me for every small task and just generally having to answer more work messages, emails, questions from my inbox, Slack, FB/Instagram messages etc...
    Ah, I also swear by Self Control. I have much less social media presence, however, and most of the time I end up blocking Wikipedia lest I trawl through links that lead to links that lead to links...

Also, consider me basically panicking [3] and hikikomori [2].
    all that we see or seem is but a dream within a (you need an account to see links).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    3d 13h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Mostly reading, cooking all kinds of stuff, watching shows and cartoons and playing games on my switch.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Seame For This Useful Post:

♥ lagrima ♥ (05-15-2020)