Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: What is your state's staple food?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    Idk what that is but idk if it looks good or not lol]
    Well, it is a Portuguese dish.
    It's very simple. Basically a big sandwich with steak, sausages, chorizo; covered with cheese over the bread; with a special sauce all over it; a fried egg in the top; and french fries.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by MariaPickachu View Post
    Well, it is a Portuguese dish.
    It's very simple. Basically a big sandwich with steak, sausages, chorizo; covered with cheese over the bread; with a special sauce all over it; a fried egg in the top; and french fries.
    efinitely sounds like a hearty meal! I can't eat steak, unfortunately .. I haven't had it since I was little. Stomach thing. Looks tasty though!
    D

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

MKM (06-19-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    28/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I live in Germany but my parents are from Croatia, so I grew up on rather traditional croatian food and didn't have many "german traditional" meals growing up.
    A dessert that I absolutely love is called Baklava. It's extremely sweet (because it's like 90% pure sugar). My mother makes it with walnuts, I think in Turkey pistacchios are more prevalent.

This is the one thing that I have never eaten anywhere else and when my Mom should someday be gone, I will genuinely miss the most. It's quite tricky and complicated to make, takes lots of routine and even then, most of my aunts cannot do it as well.

My mother is not really a teaching type, tho. Even when I tried learning simpler things in the past, we didn't work well together, and most other people find this dish waaaay too sweet, so I never really tried learning it (even though it could be an advantage to be the only one to eat it).

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    ahaha I'm from Jersey originally too, and pork roll was the first thing that came to mind!
    I'm in Seattle now and idk, they have their Seattle dogs, hot dogs with the cream cheese? ahaha They also have Dick's Drive-in where you get these really mediocre burgers for cheap, but everyone loves them. When I first moved out here I worked there while I was in college, and I got tired of it really fast.
    I grew up near the Point Pleasant boardwalk and miss the fries and vinegar /drool
    I was also pretty shocked when I saw a Jersey Mike's here. I grew up with the son of the owner and didn't realize his chain went this far out. I also miss yuengling, so bad. Seattle is known for it's microbrews, and they are good, but nothing beats the nostalgia of yuengling for me xD

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    32/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    6d 18h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    Brazil here. So, basically, rice and beans, steaks and french fries. Not really exciting, but I have to admit I often get the cravings for those dishes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by seranymm View Post
    ahaha I'm from Jersey originally too, and pork roll was the first thing that came to mind!
    I'm in Seattle now and idk, they have their Seattle dogs, hot dogs with the cream cheese? ahaha They also have Dick's Drive-in where you get these really mediocre burgers for cheap, but everyone loves them. When I first moved out here I worked there while I was in college, and I got tired of it really fast.
    I grew up near the Point Pleasant boardwalk and miss the fries and vinegar /drool
    I was also pretty shocked when I saw a Jersey Mike's here. I grew up with the son of the owner and didn't realize his chain went this far out. I also miss yuengling, so bad. Seattle is known for it's microbrews, and they are good, but nothing beats the nostalgia of yuengling for me xD
    Yeeeeeessssss someone else who understands the beauty that is pork roll I'm cryinggg

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ph0enix For This Useful Post:

seranymm (06-21-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    You taunt me!!! I also remember there being something my mom called chicken roll growing up and I loovvvvveedddd it. I have no idea what it really was...it looked like pork roll but...chicken XD and it tasted unique to anything I've had since.
    I have also met sinners who called in taylor ham, mainly my brother's friends from Philly. I also remember there being a lot of arguments about sub vs hoagie vs hero sandwich LOL

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    You taunt me!!! I also remember there being something my mom called chicken roll growing up and I loovvvvveedddd it. I have no idea what it really was...it looked like pork roll but...chicken XD and it tasted unique to anything I've had since.
    I have also met sinners who called in taylor ham, mainly my brother's friends from Philly. I also remember there being a lot of arguments about sub vs hoagie vs hero sandwich LOL
    ol yes and central NJ does exist js.. I have never heard of a chicken roll lol I am gonna look it up
    l

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 15m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Whither View Post
    ol yes and central NJ does exist js.. I have never heard of a chicken roll lol I am gonna look it up
    l
    I'm from Central NJ though, and no one called it taylor ham lol. I have looked up chicken roll so many times and haven't found anything. It was sold at the local foodtown, which is now defunct. I remember her telling the lady at the deli "chicken roll" but that's apparently not real! At some point I decided that it was probably just deli chicken but no, the taste and texture is just not the same. Chicken roll was the texture of pork roll lolll. Anyway. Mystery for another life.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to seranymm For This Useful Post:

Ph0enix (06-21-2019)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    228 times
    Time Online
    35d 5h 59m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I'm from Central NJ though, and no one called it taylor ham lol. I have looked up chicken roll so many times and haven't found anything. It was sold at the local foodtown, which is now defunct. I remember her telling the lady at the deli "chicken roll" but that's apparently not real! At some point I decided that it was probably just deli chicken but no, the taste and texture is just not the same. Chicken roll was the texture of pork roll lolll. Anyway. Mystery for another life.
    I looked for it too lol I didn't find anything. I meant too like that is one thing like the Taylor ham and pork roll debate. People say it doesn't exist but I live in it

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk