40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by alister View Post
    yesss Mimikyu is my favorite! I mentioned this to Plushee Boree earlier in the thread, but I spent DAYS hatching several thousand eggs to get a shiny one. It had to be hatched in a love ball, because I love it.

Mimikyu, Noivern, and Jolteon are my favorites, with a shout out to Mewtwo as well for blowing my little nine year old mind when you end up actually encountering him after reading about him in the trashed research lab.

@(you need an account to see links) - it is. There's a company called Colorware that reskins gaming products and some of their designs are stunning. The Switch they do is called the "Switch Illusion." This is the link to their shop: (you need an account to see links)
    Oh, neat! Does it affect warranty or anything like that? I probably won't actually buy, but it's fun to drool over.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    Oh, neat! Does it affect warranty or anything like that? I probably won't actually buy, but it's fun to drool over.
    I don't know actually; that's a good question. I know re-skinning Switches is very common and doesn't seem to cause too many people much trouble. A lot of people buy the materials to do it themselves, including replacing the standard buttons. I wonder how Nintendo reacts if a customized joycon winds up with the drift issue.

That's my one main thing about the Switch lite, the fear of drift. I barely ever actually dock my Switch but I'm glad I could replace the joycons easily if they ended up malfunctioning.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

kittyray (11-09-2020)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    157/0
    Mentioned
    135 times
    Time Online
    88d 11h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    30m
    Quote Originally Posted by valora View Post
    The temptation to get a switch is definitely rising, especially with black Friday soon x_x
    Hopefully black friday isn't cancelled this year due to covid. I was trying to get some deals on PC parts .

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariealle View Post
    I know I've done this before, so I'm apologizing for repetition, but you leave me no choice.

Do it. Black Friday is the best time for sales. There is a sale happening at (excuse me that I don't know your exact location):

Sorry if you can't post links like this, but how do you not. You get all that stuff (USD), and it's still cheaper than buying just a standard Switch, alone, in Canada (399.99).

/evilkermit

Edit: Animal Crossing Switches are plentiful again. A friend purchased 11 to resell. I can tell you 1 sold for $600, but that's it. Don't buy consoles or games for more than they're worth if they're still buyable (I sound like NCC). Unless it's this:

This is good.
    Nooo the temptation is rising even more look at all those accessories ;~;

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ked View Post
    Hopefully black friday isn't cancelled this year due to covid. I was trying to get some deals on PC parts .
    I feel like in-person stuff has got to be. I know we already have Cyber Monday, but I feel like all the tales I hear about black friday do not bode well for social distancing and the like.

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    57 times
    Time Online
    16d 13h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ked View Post
    Yeah, it seems like most in-shop sales are cancelled there's a lot of stuff online though!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to valora For This Useful Post:

Ked (11-10-2020)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    20/0
    Mentioned
    107 times
    Time Online
    26d 16h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by alister View Post
    yesss Mimikyu is my favorite! I mentioned this to Plushee Boree earlier in the thread, but I spent DAYS hatching several thousand eggs to get a shiny one. It had to be hatched in a love ball, because I love it.

Mimikyu, Noivern, and Jolteon are my favorites, with a shout out to Mewtwo as well for blowing my little nine year old mind when you end up actually encountering him after reading about him in the trashed research lab.
    i hatched tons of eggs for mimikyu too!
    i tried a 6iv with the right nature and FINALLY got one
    same for bulbasaur bc hes also one of my favs

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    I'll be okay with all crazy Black Friday sales transitioning to digital. If there's one thing I've learned from Kadoatie feeding, it's how to fly through some internet pages and beat other people out to the thing

My main item I want is an ultrawide monitor. Now that I work from home (and will until at least March, per our CEO), I'd really benefit from something that lets me pull up two massive spreadsheets at once, but my desk can't quite pull off dual monitors with all the house plants I insist on also crowding around on it

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    I'm guessing Sword and Shield are still pretty popular, especially with the new DLC that just came out. I still boot up X just to go into the Friend Safari for shining hunting and there's still loads of people that show up as active on the little network window thing after signing into the internet. I guess doing the same thing I am, hunting very specific shinies.

Friend Safari is the dullest but easiest shiny hunting to me; you don't have to put any thought to it or ever use more than one hand, unlike with hatching eggs. Literally just encounter, flee, encounter, flee until you run into the one you want.

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I was about to say I don't think there's much I'd want from a black friday/cyber monday deal, but then I remembered I'm looking at an extended trip to my parents house and I'll need a good WFH setup. I cannot do everything I need to do on my dinky 13-in work laptop screen.

Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB