Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m

i've never used scripts before oops

hey all i'm new here
    i'm pretty terrible when it comes to anything tech, and i've never used any kind of script (?) before, so... i want to use the rubbish dump auto buyer as i've been trying for months with no luck for the avatar. i downloaded the link on chrome but it just wouldn't open for the life of me, then i read that they don't work on chrome so i downloaded firefox and tried again. it opens in a page of html gobbeldigook that i don't understand but i'm assuming i have to like.... paste that somewhere? or?? i dunno man but it's making me feel dumb hahaha. how the fook do i use these things. sorry if this has already been answered but i looked it up on the FAQ and also had a quick rummage thru previous threads, seems no one is as tech incompetent at me here lmaooo. yeah... thank you! .. appreciate the help

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    You first need to install a userscript manager as an addon on your browser (I would recommend Tampermonkey, but Greasemonkey will also work for firefox)

just go to addons/extentions and search for either one of those there. once that's installed, you can go back to the script thread and click on that link again and it will instead open up userscript page so you can install the script to your addon from there

once you've installed the script, you can go to the neopets page (rubbish dump, in this instance) and there will be a UI overlay you can configure/use to start the script

feel free to reach out if you have any questions
    Last edited by foxe; 05-25-2023 at 06:32 AM.

was that worth it?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxe For This Useful Post:

Chilljoy (05-25-2023),j03 (05-25-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    omg, thank you foxe! i did it and it worked. i'm a liiiiiitle scared tbh my heart is pumping! so i'm only letting the thing run for half an hour just to test the waters.
    i'm sure itll be fine but i'm so new at this
    woo hoo!! appreciate you taking the time to help

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    5d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    In terms of Chrome - I use (you need an account to see links) for a bunch of the scripts here and haven't had any problems with them! I used the rubbish dump script like last week and luckily got the avatar within my first 30 minutes.

You'll be fine as long as you're smart, if not a little cautious, about using scripts! Obviously no human would sit and refresh at the rubbish dump for 10 hours straight, but 30 minutes is fine! I also don't leave scripts running unless I'm near by, in case something weird happens.

Welcome to Clraik and the wonderful world of scripts~
    fka vinegar | userbar by lyrichord

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lore For This Useful Post:

Chilljoy (05-25-2023),♥ foxe ♥ (05-25-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    oh that's a good tip! thanks for the heads up.
    i got it working, ran it for just under an hour and still nothing. it missed an item but that's ok! i'm gonna try again tomorrow after work.
    and yeah, i'm pretty cautious anyways, i like my account! i can't see myself using autobuyers or anything like that, i actually like restocking! even if i'm only ever in the easy shops hahaha.. but in saying that we'll see where i'm at in a few months

and thank you! nice to meet you

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 7h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    Quote Originally Posted by pppp3 View Post
    omg, thank you foxe! i did it and it worked. i'm a liiiiiitle scared tbh my heart is pumping! so i'm only letting the thing run for half an hour just to test the waters.
    i'm sure itll be fine but i'm so new at this
    woo hoo!! appreciate you taking the time to help
    Very welcome to ck! Patience and measure are your friends

There are many scripts here that will help you lots, with this new experience learned rest should be easy. Not all scripts are cheating btw, some are more user friendly for browsing.

I'm glad you got help, hope to see you around

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Meercat (05-25-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    hello
    oh totally, i've seen some amazing ones so far like the SDB auto pricer.. that thing looks so handy.
    my plan is to start off super slow, and go from there.
    i'm wondering.. can tnt detect your use of scripts? or is it just obvious when they're misused?
    like if you don't use them foolishly can they be undetectable? or is it a case of you use them stupidly and draw attention to yourself, they check the back end of the site, and can see them being used?

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    25 times
    Time Online
    29d 2h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 55m
    hello
    oh totally, i've seen some amazing ones so far like the SDB auto pricer.. that thing looks so handy.
    my plan is to start off super slow, and go from there.
    i'm wondering.. can tnt detect your use of scripts? or is it just obvious when they're misused?
    like if you don't use them foolishly can they be undetectable? or is it a case of you use them stupidly and draw attention to yourself, they check the back end of the site, and can see them being used?
    Scripts aren't doing anything illegal. They just automate the same tedious actions that we would be manually doing instead. You'll be fine with scripts

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    Quote Originally Posted by Predict View Post
    Scripts aren't doing anything illegal. They just automate the same tedious actions that we would be manually doing instead. You'll be fine with scripts
    i might be using the wrong term here, but like the dump autobyer/ refresher script, obviously not going to use it for hours and hours, but if i DID, does that set off alarm bells to tnt, and when they look they can detect the use of them? or is it just an obvious fact bc no one in their right mind is capable of refreshing a single page for 10+ hours with no break and they just assume the use of? does that make sense?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    18 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    3m
    i might be using the wrong term here, but like the dump autobyer/ refresher script, obviously not going to use it for hours and hours, but if i DID, does that set off alarm bells to tnt, and when they look they can detect the use of them? or is it just an obvious fact bc no one in their right mind is capable of refreshing a single page for 10+ hours with no break and they just assume the use of? does that make sense?
    not really. there's no auto-alarm bells. but, for example, if you left it running for 10hrs and it grabbed 10 items in a row, that is something that they may take notice of and look into.

to my knowledge, they can never really have any proof of anyone using scripts, they just draw conclusions based on behaviour and will freeze on that. as long as you use scripts with a bit of common sense you'll be fine

was that worth it?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foxe For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (05-25-2023),♥ pppp3 ♥ (05-26-2023)