DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    418 times
    Time Online
    84d 19h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    I'm an Automation engineer, both on field and office work. I used to do electronics, card designs and prototypes for oil industry. After a bad luck that struck hard my born city I moved from there and changed to another work with more software approach.

I mostly use Python, C/C# for coding stuff and design HMIs for a metal industry. While I'm not a fan of going field I'm used to cover myself with the EPP (coming from entire overalls to special jackets was a nice change haha) and brace dust in order to repair equipment. I like what I do though sometimes the workload is hella lot.

I've been thinking to take a better approach to more software background but we'll see what happens this year.

@(you need an account to see links) You and every teacher on this world have my whole respects. I used to teach High School but never again lol

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Mothman (01-06-2023)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 9h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

@(you need an account to see links) You and every teacher on this world have my whole respects. I used to teach High School but never again lol

Haha, I teach art so I have one of the easier jobs imo, but teachers are def in the trenches rn.

I am always so impressed with tech people!! It seems like you have so many varied skills

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (01-06-2023)

Pronouns
    she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    95/0
    Mentioned
    505 times
    Time Online
    222d 5h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 54m
    I'm an attorney. Most of my experiene is working with homicide criminal defense. I love criminal law, but I'm studying to switch my field to digital law, since I foresee great job opportunities, and it's not a very explored field where I live.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Menine For This Useful Post:

Charmander (01-08-2023),DarkSkies (01-06-2023),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-06-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023),Mothman (01-06-2023),Trash Panda (01-15-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    203 times
    Time Online
    4d 13h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    I work in product security. My job deals with taking in submissions to our bug bounty program, which is where hackers get paid to find security vulnerabilities, and communicate those submissions with our developers. I also get to do some fun stuff, like performing security assessments on our products and basically getting to research whatever I want, as long as it's relevant to the job. I work fully remote in the Midwest, so I love not having to go into an office.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reemer For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-06-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023),Mothman (01-06-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    709 times
    Time Online
    83d 17h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Menine View Post
    I'm an attorney. Most of my experiene is working with homicide criminal defense. I love criminal law, but I'm studying to switch my field to digital law, since I foresee great job opportunities, and it's not a very explored field where I live.
    Homicide defense? Ouch... that must be tough. I've always thought it must be very, very difficult to be a defense attorney for someone facing homicide charges. Especially because I can't imagine there are a plethora of cases where the client is innocent/not guilty. Kudos to you for doing what you do.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Menine (01-10-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    18d 11h 26m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm in healthcare currently - Its a demanding and can be an incredibly stressful industry to be in right now (esp. since covid), but I always appreciate the people who are still so respectful when they are really stressed about their own health or a loved ones health. Its part of the reason I want to stay in this industry. Its understandable when people are stressed out though as it health related, I just dont think yelling for 30 minutes straight should ever be the response because either we use the time to do what we can to help you, or we can waste everyone's time while other people are also in need of help.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moon For This Useful Post:

♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-06-2023),phantasia (01-08-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    381 times
    Time Online
    88d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Menine View Post
    O wow thats amazing. I also see digital law as really going to become important. I was considering a M in that v post grad in disaster management but decided disaster maangement in the end

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreyFaerie View Post
    I work in mental health, I specialize in people with disabilities and I am studying branches of psychology related to education and law.
    While I was at university I wanted to drop out many times because I started to see what I was getting into and... I did not like it. When I finally graduated I started working and everything got worse. It took me a long time to find the specialization that I really liked.
    Once again I was debating whether or not I should start studying something else until by chance I agreed to work in an institution for people with disabilities. And everything was better. Sort of lol. I really found where I want to work, what I want to do and it motivates me to continue studying but there is a lot of shit everywhere. Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of good stuff, but the bad stuff is really bad… Mainly because there are too many rights that are not guaranteed, for whatever reasons (economic, socio-cultural or legal reasons, political/ institutional lack of interest) and It causes a lot of discomfort and suffering.

And to balance all that bullshit and make my life less hostile, I'm taking singing lessons! Before the pandemic I was in a choir for a couple of years and I missed it so much. It’s private classes at the moment, but I may return to a choir in the future.

Ah, I also signed up for python classes. A university here is giving free classes and why not? lol
    That is amazig. I really look up to people that has patience with people with disabilities. I am glad you also have activities that take you away from that. I am sure it is very draining

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

Menine (01-10-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    3d 14h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I’m in mental health (currently finishing grad school), but I also work part-time at a hospital. I love doing what I do, but sometimes it gets a little heavy and I also have a therapist lol.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to macaronbae For This Useful Post:

mixednuts (01-11-2023)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    708 times
    Time Online
    157d 3h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I work in a hospital as an Occupational Therapist! I work on rehabilitating critically ill patients to be able to return to their regular daily activities either at the level they were before injury or illness or in a modified and adapted way. Ot is so broad so I'm totally open to answering questions about it. Covid has made things crazy busy from me so things have been stressful with being understaffed and overworked but I still love what I do

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Charmander For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-08-2023),goodnightmoon (01-19-2023),Menine (01-10-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023),Moon (01-09-2023)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 1h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    I used to do R&D pentesting for hardware and the like at a big tech company for about ~10 years. It got too horrible there (atmosphere wise) so I quit and am working for an international customs company overseeing the data transferred/if it's correct. So far it's like night and day. Every illogical thing done wrong at my old job gets done flawlessly at the new one. Lets hope it stays this way. I also didn't get a pay cut switching jobs so I lucked out on that one BUT knowing what I do I am going to have to get them to have better running computing hardware to handle the size of data they are trying to work with. It feels good to have your work appreciated & needed. Not sure if I've ever had that before lol

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

kittyray (01-08-2023),mixednuts (01-11-2023)