54/0
    Mentioned
    250 times
    Time Online
    101d 22h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 40m
    -When did you first start Neopets?
    I think I started in roughly 2002? Not super sure but I feel like I was quite young and at least had a bunch of accounts back then. I much more solidly started playing around 2006.

-How often are your comebacks?(or have you never left?)
    I guess technically I had a comeback in highschool through college, so that one was like 8 years? And now I'm on my just before covid comeback of 3 ish years now! I also briefly had a comeback in 2017 but that one didn't stick for more than a few months

-How long do your comebacks usually last?
    Looks like it's all over the place haha, but it's definitely longer if I find something onsite that I like to do (pc trading, art guilds, etc)

-Do you play the same account every come back (if you can help it) or do you like to start fresh?
    Same account! Too much history on these accounts now

-What usually makes you go back on hiatus after a comeback?
    Ummm eventually either I lose interest or I move on to other things. My biggest hiatus was cause I no longer was interested in the creative/character side of neopets, but luckily that's come back!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Houndoom For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-07-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    447 times
    Time Online
    64d 10h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    26m
    That's a fun discussion thread!

When did you first start Neopets?
    I think it was around 2004. Neopets is pretty much unknown in my country, but my neighbors had family in the US, and they found out about Neo on their vacation there, and told me about it when they returned. I was around 10 years old, and didn't know much English, and ofc there wasn't a Neo version in my own language like there was in other languages. But I still had a lot of fun with it!

How often are your comebacks?
    I used to be on and off for years... I guess every 3-4 years or so I'd think about Neo and how fun it is to collect avatars and come back lol.

How long do your comebacks usually last?
    My comebacks used to last 6 months at best... but right now I'm on my longest comeback yet! I came back on November 2019 and didn't go on any other hiatus since!

Do you play the same account every come back (if you can help it) or do you like to start fresh?
    I prefer playing the same account, but due to circumstances, I created the one I use as main today on 2014 (which was also when I first found ck). I did manage to get my hands back on my old main from 2007, so now I have it as my side
    My first main is gone forever unfortunately...

What usually makes you go back on hiatus after a comeback?
    As I said earlier, I mostly just remember how much I enjoy collecting avatars. The longer I do that the more I'm left with the hardest ones, but still!
    Also, fun fact: I don't know how, but for some reason I almost always came back in November, in time for the Neopets anniversary. Weird!
    Last edited by TsUNaMy WaVe; 12-07-2022 at 02:51 PM.

(you need an account to see links)

(you need an account to see links) || (you need an account to see links)
    I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶k̶a̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶r̶b̶a̶r̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶!̶ I GOT IT!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TsUNaMy WaVe For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-07-2022)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 8h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    I started playing in 2006!
    I left twice - once when I was a kid and wasn't able to access the site anymore and forgot about it until 2011 again, and then once when I was frozen in like 2018? or so. Otherwise I have done dailies p much every single day for the times that I play.
    If I am active I do dailies every day. From 2012 to 2018 it was every single day. Now from earlier this year to now it has been every single day too!
    -Do you play the same account every come back (if you can help it) or do you like to start fresh?
    I have made new accounts three times - I only make new accounts if it doesn't match my internet persona.
    getting frozen ehehe

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-07-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    97 times
    Time Online
    37d 19h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    19m

I started playing in 2003, but since I was like 10 and played at the library, I could never remember my logins, or the concept of a login, so I just kept making new accounts.

I left around 2008, bc I got frozen. Came back in 2016 to find I couldn't log into any of my accounts, UCs were still unobtainable, and I cba so I bought a main account, a few UCs, lots of items and NPS, and called it a day. But then I got frozen again on one of the accounts that had most of my items so I left.
    Recently came back this year in May and haven't left yet.

I've only had one this year so not able to answer. my 2016 lasted a month.

I bought a main account in 2016, and then left. Came back this year and was able to transfer to a new account!

Being frozen, lol. Everything being unobtainable these days makes me wanna stop playing though.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Juna For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-07-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 2h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    33m

I was a kid in primary school, so around the age of 11. This was in 2005.

I leave and come back a lot, I'm definitely not as active on Neo as I used to be though. I just go on to do my dailies and that's about it.

6 months.

Same account always.

NC events, mainly! Or any new site events, like the Festival of Neggs, or Plots (if we get any lol)

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-07-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    99 times
    Time Online
    18d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m
    cool thread!

I started in 2004 (when I was 12 years old)

Back in the of days of my very first account, I played neopets for almost 2 years (didn't really accomplish much if at all). Then I just kinda got over it and, in 2018, for god knows what reason, I ended up visiting the site again and creating a new account. Searching about how to do certain things on google, I ended up finding clraik just after!
    I played religiously (all dailies possible, training my pet at every possible time interval, and even things like faerie jobs, ghoul catchers 50k/day - without skipping a day) for about 6 months. Then my last year at uni started and I kinda let it go for a while again... Until 2020, when the pandemic happened. Haven't stopped since then, but most of the time I just do my dailies and try to be around during the big site events, like the Altador Cup (mostly because of here of course!). And that's about it.

I don't have a big sample, but this one is pretty lasting and I don't see me stopping tbh, it's already a routine of mine, even if it's just spending 10 minutes at most every day on site.

Same account, yes! I managed to recover my first main account after a while, but I just use it as a side now, the one I created after is now my main and I managed to build it pretty nicely. At this point, I would stop playing for good if I had to start fresh.

Either busy with life or being obsessed with other games. But, like I said, I at least do my dailies even if it's just 5 minutes (gotta collect that trudy/bank interest money and run the BD script!)
    "Darkness fears the break of dawn!"

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Saturnine For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-07-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    15 times
    Time Online
    35d 8h 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    I started in 2003ish but my main is 5-7years ish younger than that because i made my first accounts under 13 and never remembered the info. Some are still around but many have been purged (my oldest on site is 17 years from what i could find)

I come back every couple of years on a nostalgia trip but right now I'm having more fun with it so I'll probably stick around longer.

Usually a few months? Sometimes as short as a week though. Really depends on how inspired i am.

Same account. I've had my current main since i was a kid and have a lot invested it in that I'm pretty proud of even if it's not a ton for how old my account is. I have another account i kind of want to swap to as my main but i don't feel like moving all my stuff over

I get bored and want to focus on other games

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rina For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    2h 39m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I've been playing since the mid aughts, when I got curious about some of the merch. I played avidly every day up as a kid and teen until age 15 or so, and it's been on and off since.

My departures are whenever I get bored with the site or too busy with other things. As for how long they usually last, it's been getting longer and longer as the site continues to fall apart, but generally a few to several months at a time. When I do come back again, it's usually for a familiar seasonal event, like Advent or AC, like the little creature of habit I am. It seems I only ever end up coming back for the crappier CCs though and sadly missed most of the good ones x,D

I like to check on my oldest account whenever I'm able. Sometimes I get bit by the "I should just start fresh" bug, and then I remember how rough it is to do certain things without an aged account and lose steam fast. I think if anything happened to my main though I'd call it quits for good and take that as my sign to move on.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxfall For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    65/2
    Mentioned
    264 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    A little part of me thought the comeback was like the best comeback to an insult on neopets that you've ever had..
    I was busy thinking of a good one then I read everyone's entry and realized I was wrong lol.

Started playing when I was 10. Now I'm 31. Don't remember my old password nor email and when I try to find my old account it's not even there which makes me think that it was purged.

I quit / or go on a hiatus every few years when either an account gets frozen, or I gain interest in something else (a relationship/a new game/a new job/studies)
    So far I've done about 3-4 hiatuses and came back after those get stable.

It usually lasts around 1-2 years before I head back into the darkness.

I play the same account if I can. Or if they're frozen, I just get another account from the many people selling. Sucks to be starting from a new account :\

I enjoy the low maintenance clicking part of neo and that makes me come back - when I want something to focus some attention but does not require such a huge commitment. Once it becomes a large commitment which I decide I can't devote that much time to, I go on a hiatus.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Unown For This Useful Post:

Narkotiq (12-08-2022)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    146/0
    Mentioned
    75 times
    Time Online
    42d 9h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by Unown View Post
    A little part of me thought the comeback was like the best comeback to an insult on neopets that you've ever had..
    I was busy thinking of a good one then I read everyone's entry and realized I was wrong lol.

Started playing when I was 10. Now I'm 31. Don't remember my old password nor email and when I try to find my old account it's not even there which makes me think that it was purged.

I quit / or go on a hiatus every few years when either an account gets frozen, or I gain interest in something else (a relationship/a new game/a new job/studies)
    So far I've done about 3-4 hiatuses and came back after those get stable.

It usually lasts around 1-2 years before I head back into the darkness.

I play the same account if I can. Or if they're frozen, I just get another account from the many people selling. Sucks to be starting from a new account :\

I enjoy the low maintenance clicking part of neo and that makes me come back - when I want something to focus some attention but does not require such a huge commitment. Once it becomes a large commitment which I decide I can't devote that much time to, I go on a hiatus.
    Lmao I noticed what it looked like after I submitted the topic and saw it on the front page. I though "hmmm.. it looks like comebacks like for insults". I used comeback cause in Kpop when a kpop group or soloist makes a new song after being on hiatus for a while it's called a comeback so It just kind of came out like that when I typed it. I wonder how many other people thought that too. lol.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Narkotiq For This Useful Post:

Unown (12-08-2022)