Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite comfort show(s)?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Everyone’s answers are awesome! I have not seen criminal minds or watched the office in order but I’ve heard so many good things! Maybe I’ll give them both a shot!

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pillowfighter For This Useful Post:

Da Plushee Boree (06-27-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    127d 13h 25m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 20m
    My favorite comfort show is Bob's Burgers!! And I was so happy to see that multiple people on this thread feel the same!

I seriously watch this show whenever I feel sad and it picks me up because almost every episode has a "feel good" moral at the end. Have you guys seen the episode "Sea Me Now"? When Teddy fixes up a boat to impress his ex-wife and he sails past the diner where she works? But she doesn't notice him so he turns the boat around to pass by her again. And then he crashes into the dock TWICE, and she (and a whole crowd of people) definitely notice him then. This episode stuck with me because I watched it when I was going through a tough time in real life and the message was relevant to me. (You don't have to do well in life to show off to your exes! You should just do well for yourself.)

I just love how each character is quirky in their own way and the recurring theme of the show is to love yourself - it's ok if you don't fit a mold, and nobody fits in all the time.

I also saw the Bob's Burgers movie when it came out a few weeks ago and it was amazing!
    Last edited by Sephora; 06-19-2022 at 09:31 PM.

Chanel the Ryugotchi by (you need an account to see links)
    yassified-o-lantern by (you need an account to see links)
    Userbar by (you need an account to see links)

Chanel was hatched 11/15/2020

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sephora For This Useful Post:

kittyray (06-19-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by Klimate View Post
    Kamisama Kiss and baking shows. I love Cake and Cupcake Wars. I used to fall asleep every night watching them.
    Aaah I need to start Kamisama Kiss!!! But I agree, baking shows are so calming! Especially to fall asleep to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alenka View Post
    Funny that Criminal Minds got brought up. We only kept Netflix for the longest time specifically because CM was such a comfort show to put on in the background, both just for noise and to go to bed to, until me and my spouse looked at each other, and decided we're not paying to stream literally just one show. I now have a dedicated USB to just CM on it plugged into the TV, haha.

We've kept Hulu around though, because its got multiples of what we enjoy. Bob's Burgers is the only thing everyone in the family can readily agree on though, and so we tend to default to it. My wife will fall asleep to almost any true crime show though, and my dumbass gets sucked in watching until I hear the birds chirp, which is how I know I've screwed up lol. Archer is another big one for me, but spouse can't stand it so I only occasionally get to put it on, haha. And as much as I can't stand Family Guy, American Dad and partially The Cleveland Show have always been big ones for me. American Dad especially, as an old roommate got me into it before I really knew any of the "behind the scenes" about the adult cartoon genre, and its just something I don't want to give up even if I inherently understand its not the best of shows to watch. Ah well.
    Honestly, I totally feel this! I don't like any of those shows either but we often will put on Family Guy in the background when cleaning or cooking or just coming home and winding down from work at night and I'm so used to it that I almost look forward to the moments where my husband and I have it on. Occasionally something funny in a stupid way is said and we both laugh because we aren't paying attention but we both seem to hear it.
    Bob's Burgers though I think is one of the greatest comfort shows of all time and I'm so glad so many people agree on it! I don't know what it is about it but it's so nice to just have on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cherubi View Post
    Right now Stranger Things. It brings me back to a time I didn't get to experience and fills me with a sense of nostalgia.

I also enjoy some kdrama hehe. I'm not sure if I could narrow it down enough, but seeing other cultures and locations through the shows does bring a lot of comfort ^^
    AAAH This season was so incredible! I am very excited for part two.
    Do you have any kdrama you recommend?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghastly View Post
    mine is definitely Bob's Burgers
    if i'm not in an anime mood and i'm not sure what to watch, i'll just throw on an episode and it never fails to make me laugh!

the movie is out and i'm super excited to watch it!!
    I'm seeing Bob's Burgers so much in this thread and I cannot agree more! I reaaaallllly want to go see the movie omg!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dustyc View Post
    Seconding some shows that have already been mentioned- Bob's Burgers, It's Always Sunny, The Office (US), Letterkenny! I finally watched season 10 of Letterkenny after rewatching every season, and I'm excited to watch Shorsey, been hearing great things about it.

Also love Nathan For You to have something to laugh at in the background. I haven't seen every episode but I have a handful that I go back to often because they just make me laugh so much.

Full House is also a classic for me because I grew up watching it on TV everyday as a kid! I have the full DVD boxset and have been meaning to rewatch it in order again soon.
    Oh my goodness I LOVE that you said Full House!!! Sometimes, when I wake up really early in the morning it's playing on either MTV or VH1. I definitely think the nostalgia of watching it while growing up after school is what makes it so special to me too. Thank you for reminding me of it! I haven't woken up and watched it in a minute and I might just check the TV guide and set an alarm.
    It's so cool that you have the DVDs omg!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    A TV show that always brings me happiness and comfort is Avatar: The Last Airbender! I don't know how many times I've rewatched that show But as of recently I've been watching Kitchen Nightmares, Gordon Ramsay is incredibly entertaining xD all the episodes have been officially posted on their YouTube account and I've just binged them all. Deffo one of my favourite shows to kill time with.
    OH MY GOODNESS I AM REWATCHING AVATAR RIGHT NOW!!!!
    Literally, a very close friend of mine who is a few years younger than me and is like a little sister to me said that she has never seen it before so I made a bet with her that if it doesn't end up being in her top 5 favorite shows of all time I'll give her $100 LOL. She's absolutely loving it so far and it makes me so happy because it's my favorite tv show of all time!! I rewatch it once a year at least. I just feel like the pacing and writing are so perfect and the payoff at the end is *chef's kiss*
    I found out that pretty much everyone at my work has never seen it and I convinced them all to come over to start it once my friend and I finish it. xD

Cooking shows are wonderful comfort shows!!!!! That's so awesome that they're on youtube!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Da Plushee Boree View Post
    I'm one up for real crime series! Usually i put them for the noise but always get dragged by the case haha

My comfort series are Adventure Time and Gumball; i've seen AT so many times i recall dialogues, it's my "better universe, creative drive" cartoon; and Gumball is there for the all time favourite laughs, best characters and smart script! When i don't have acces or don't want to watch any of them i always carry Over The Garden Wall on my hard drive, it's a beautiful story that only lasts an afternoon so it's perfect for a different day !
    Those are all very wonderful shows!!! I haven't seen many episodes of Gumball but the ones I have seen are very fun. Over The Garden Wall is on my bucket list!.
    As for Adventure Time I truly believe that show helped to change the way cartoons are going forward! It's so beautifully done.
    Your choices are wonderful!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by testedwithme View Post
    for anime:
    - devil is a part timer
    - disastrous life of saiki

non-anime:
    - psych
    - friends
    The Devil is a Part Timer season 2 is finally coming out this summer and I am READY!
    It's actually one of the few anime I have watched multiple times ;w;

Your choices are awesome!

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    Criminal Minds.

Yep, I am that person
    I really think I need to give this show a go! A lot of people are saying it's a good one!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EnderTheory View Post
    Bob's Burgers is my brother's favorite show and I like it a lot as well, so I'll go sit down and watch it with him while it's on We both want to see the movie at some point!

I also like to play Metalocalypse in the background as well as Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Though not so much shows, I also like to keep Jerma and Joel from Vinesauce in the background as well.
    Yesssss your choices are awesome! Adult Swim had some good shows that just stuck over the years for sure.
    Oh man, I haven't checked out Vinesauce in a loooong time!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dita View Post
    YASSSSSS I'm so hype to find another fan too. Honestly episode 1 season 2 is my all time favorite episode of the whole thing. Just the feelings they convey and seeing him come back like that was so freaking amazing. I always smile so wide watching it again! I never watched it on TV just online and my own DVD. Tell me you have watched the 4 movies already since the announcement to the 10 year Code Geass anime plan?!
    Replying to this so late, I'm so sorry!!
    YESSS OMG I TOTALLY GET THE FEELING! I love it so much. I think season 2 in general was just so great. I've been begging my husband to watch it and trying to tell him to just push through because he thinks it starts off so slow. I SO sadly have not seen the movies! I feel like I have betrayed my favorite anime of all time by being so distracted by all of the shiny new ones lol. You mentioning it though definitely has reminded me to sit down and do it though! I will try to check them out asap! I love finding other people who love it too!! ;w;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    I remember watching a lot of ATLA/Korra during the early days of the pandemic, but also watched a lot of generally light-hearted funny things like 30 Rock, Arrested Development, et cetera. I don't have anything that's go-to comfort, I don't think. At least not off the top of my head.
    ATLA is sooooo wonderful! One of the greatest shows of all time in my opinion!
    Light-hearted funny things are so comforting. ;w;

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sephora View Post
    My favorite comfort show is Bob's Burgers!! And I was so happy to see that multiple people on this thread feel the same!

I seriously watch this show whenever I feel sad and it picks me up because almost every episode has a "feel good" moral at the end. Have you guys seen the episode "Sea Me Now"? When Teddy fixes up a boat to impress his ex-wife and he sails past the diner where she works? But she doesn't notice him so he turns the boat around to pass by her again. And then he crashes into the dock TWICE, and she (and a whole crowd of people) definitely notice him then. This episode stuck with me because I watched it when I was going through a tough time in real life and the message was relevant to me. (You don't have to do well in life to show off to your exes! You should just do well for yourself.)

I just love how each character is quirky in their own way and the recurring theme of the show is to love yourself - it's ok if you don't fit a mold, and nobody fits in all the time.

I also saw the Bob's Burgers movie when it came out a few weeks ago and it was amazing!
    This reply just made me smile! I'm so happy that this show has brought you so much comfort, especially when you needed it! It's such a good one for sure! I do not think I've seen that episode so I will seek it out now to watch it after you mentioned it ;w; That message is awesome and much needed. Thank you so much for sharing!!!

pancake the ryu

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pillowfighter For This Useful Post:

dustyc (06-20-2022),EnderTheory (06-20-2022),Hollow (06-20-2022),kittyray (06-19-2022),Sephora (06-19-2022)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    6/0
    Mentioned
    230 times
    Time Online
    70d 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    34m
    @(you need an account to see links)

ISN'T IT JUST AN AMAZING SHOW I CAN NOT AHHHHHHH! Who's your favourite character? I knew Zuko was gonna be a redeemable character as soon as he was introduced in book 1 episode 2. That's how I knew he was going to be my favourite *O* HONOURRR

*that's rough buddy*

(you need an account to see links)

thank you Dita ;u; & thank you sugarbee *u* thank you Lyrichord for the ub *O* thank you Kibba for the dp eue

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollow For This Useful Post:

♥ pillowfighter ♥ (06-22-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
    @(you need an account to see links)

ISN'T IT JUST AN AMAZING SHOW I CAN NOT AHHHHHHH! Who's your favourite character? I knew Zuko was gonna be a redeemable character as soon as he was introduced in book 1 episode 2. That's how I knew he was going to be my favourite *O* HONOURRR
    SAME! Zuko is definitely mine for the exact same reason! His growth is so awesome to watch and I love that he still shows his flaws sometimes! It’s so, so awesome ;____;
    “Hello….Zuko here!”

pancake the ryu

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pillowfighter For This Useful Post:

Hollow (06-22-2022)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 times
    Time Online
    79d 7h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    The Office and Fruits Basket!
    Though when anxiety is super high, putting it on Pokemon helps calm me down, especially if I can't sleep. I don't particularly pay attention to the show, but my monkey brain probably associates it to the better parts of my childhood which likens it to a safety blanket.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    4d 9h 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Kamisama Kiss makes my soul happy
    Inuyasha I can start at any point and enjoy it
    The little mermaid show Disney had out for awhile is a big comfort for me since Disney plus came out.

“Im a Potato,”

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    404 times
    Time Online
    83d 8h 2m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 9m
    I know this is probably already mentioned but I've always felt good watching Friends.

I started seeing it young so it gives me that nostalgia vibes <3

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Trash Panda (06-29-2022),Zapdos (06-29-2022)

Gyaoo!
    Pronouns
    【she ⚡ her】
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    330 times
    Time Online
    52d 7h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    I know this is probably already mentioned but I've always felt good watching Friends.

I started seeing it young so it gives me that nostalgia vibes <3
    Yes yes yes! I was Friends obsessed as a preteen! Even if some things are a bit cringe in retrospect (looking at you Ross), knowing the episodes in and out is super comforting

Thank you Zenitsu and Greyfaerie for my siggy UBs respectively!
    Thank you Hollow for the vector art!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapdos For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (06-29-2022)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    164/0
    Mentioned
    166 times
    Time Online
    59d 16h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    36m
    M*A*S*H

yeah a black humor show about the Korean war ✌

Thank you Hollow for the shiny Minior art!
    Thank you ♥ hearts ♥ for the shiny Minior pumpkin!
    Mint born 11/15/2020