Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by yamakracker View Post
    I'm a devout Christian.

But this all seems like a 1st world problem to me.

And yes I've read what all of you guys wrote and even some more news.
    Goverment religion.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    LOL! I'm sorry but that is complete bullshit and I'm an outsider.

1) You are linking a fox news article.
    Fox

News

2) Its YOUR election period

No one at any level in your government has a right to tell the pastor of a church how he is to use that church. Churches aren't built with taxpayer money.

Many churches have all kinds of events and seminars on a regular basis. The events typically involve the members of the church. Most churches only have 2 services a week. And as far as how the pastor uses that church...that's no one's business but his and the congregation.
    What the fuck? Of course churches are funded by taxpayers money. They are also tax exempt! Of course the government should have SOME control over how a church is run. If churches promote bigotry, hateful, spiteful, sexist, racist messages to children (and adults alike) they should be punished and should be monitored. (you need an account to see links) shit like this is wrong. Referring to normal people as "homos" is wrong, you are one step away from calling them faggot >.>

There are always going to be white supremacy groups but people look at them and see what they are. In 20-40 years time people are going to look back on discriminatory groups christian, jewish and islamic groups and look at them in shame. Stop making a big deal about it, let them have basic human rights and for the love of humanity don't use fox news as your source for information.

Marriage was NOT a ceremony created by Christians >.> nor is it exclusive to Christianity.

The bible approves of all types of marriages that are considered immoral today. Lets just say they didn't get it right >.>

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chi For This Useful Post:

Azn (05-10-2012)

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Chi View Post
    What the fuck? Of course churches are funded by taxpayers money. They are also tax exempt! Of course the government should have SOME control over how a church is run. If churches promote bigotry, hateful, spiteful, sexist, racist messages to children (and adults alike) they should be punished and should be monitored. (you need an account to see links) shit like this is wrong. Referring to normal people as "homos" is wrong, you are one step away from calling them faggot >.>
    So government coming in and telling churches how they should practice their beliefs would be a rational form of government bigotry towards the churches beliefs. If the government gets to dictate a churches beliefs and how they use their facilities, how would that not be the government coming in and establishing a religion. The reason the people left England to come to the new world was to get away from the state run churches of England. The founders of this country new this, and that is the reason the first reads "The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion" instead of separation of church and state like everyone now days is taught. You do realize that once you are ok with one group of people freedoms not being protected, you are advocating the government being able to trample on everyone's freedom.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    I don't know if the government could really force churches to do gay marriages... But why couldn't christians accept everyone as they are and give them the same rights? Bible said this and that... but who has never committed any sin? Why would two people of the same sex doing a sin? They are loving each other.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    5h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Jesus was a homosexual.

Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    332 times
    Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Slasher View Post
    I don't know if the government could really force churches to do gay marriages... But why couldn't christians accept everyone as they are and give them the same rights? Bible said this and that... but who has never committed any sin? Why would two people of the same sex doing a sin? They are loving each other.
    Marriage, the centuries old religeous ceremony now controlled by the State. Awesome.

How about the State get its greedy little hands off of the religeous ceremony and everything will be fine. Quit giving benefits to one group of people over another. I don't care if you are straight, gay, just living together, whatever, get the Government out of the marriage business and all this will go away.

If you are gay and your church doesn't accept that, find a new church. If you're straight and your church accepts gays and you don't like that, find a new church.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    54/0
    Mentioned
    83 times
    Time Online
    13d 20h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronith View Post
    So government coming in and telling churches how they should practice their beliefs would be a rational form of government bigotry towards the churches beliefs. If the government gets to dictate a churches beliefs and how they use their facilities, how would that not be the government coming in and establishing a religion. The reason the people left England to come to the new world was to get away from the state run churches of England. The founders of this country new this, and that is the reason the first reads "The amendment prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion" instead of separation of church and state like everyone now days is taught. You do realize that once you are ok with one group of people freedoms not being protected, you are advocating the government being able to trample on everyone's freedom.
    Excuse me? The church has overstepped its boundaries a long time ago. The bible is quite the opposite of freedom and is seen by looking at the hierarchical structure of the bible AND religious institutions across the globe. The bible is based on dictatorship and theocracy. Where there is slavery, classes of sex and race, and a whole lot of restrictions of freedom including the freedom of thought and the process of dissent.

Yes, people should have their freedom but freedom is false in the first place. No one is entirely free no matter how they want to look at it. Where is the freedom for LGBT individuals to get married? Churches have FAR too much influence over public laws including marriage, euthanasia and contraception AND education. My main issue with the churches opinions over these issues is that all these issues are CHOICE orientated. If the law passed allowing euthanasia it doesn't mean EVERYONE has to have euthanasia. Its the same with contraception and its the same with marriage. I also have an issue with churches influencing education and deciding what is right for children should be learning. Its okay to advocate for creation and ignore other factual teachings? Its okay to advocate and teach abstinence in sexual education classes and not contraception and the concept of safe sex?

My issue with your post is that you are linking a fox news article, the most bias and subjective news station in the western world that often pushes its own agendas. There is no way that any government is going to force them to conduct gay marriages and there are many alternate places for the LGBT to go to. Its just typical bad journalism, sensationalizing and exaggerating a topic and getting people defensive and worked up who will then spread this misinformation to other people, skewing peoples view on government and altering their votes.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain View Post
    How do you know homosexuality is a sin? Out of curiosity. It never appeared until later, when someone decided to translate a word - which they didn't know what it meant - to 'homosexuality' and from then on it was considered 'bad'. But if people actually read up on historical details, rather than accepting every single thing that is thrown their way - as you would say, "They go to church, not to learn, but to be indoctrinated," - then maybe there wouldn't be this huge fucking fuss about it. Lol. I find the whole thing pretty stupid. ;D
    God created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Adam, or Even and Eve.
    Pretty sure it's well understood what "God" thought.
    How else would procreation happen? It wouldn't get very far if the first two people in the world were of the same gender.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yamakracker View Post
    I'm a devout Christian.
    But this all seems like a 1st world problem to me.
    And yes I've read what all of you guys wrote and even some more news.
    Yeah, it is a first world problem.
    I think that's pretty obvious.
    But so is the topic of homosexuality and just about any other topic being debated now a days.
    Point??
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

10. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Ronith (05-10-2012)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    72/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    1d 17h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Goal of a governement is also to make the more people happy with their decisions. If legalizing the gay marriage is giving more votes to Obama, why shouldn't he legalize it?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    319 times
    Time Online
    4d 38m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    this is turning into a good debate, let's keep it nice and orderly though, y'all
    just report it and ignore it.