DL/UL
    21/0
    Mentioned
    957 times
    Time Online
    117d 1h 44m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Meanwhile my weekly prize has been stuck on something useless for... months and nothing I've tried has reset it (yes even finishing the entire week's worth of quests) fuck your shitty ass coding, TNT
    ❤ Cream 2.0s by sugarbee, Houndoom, Alister; sales ub by Aero ❤

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ice For This Useful Post:

Aero (2 Weeks Ago),Clefairy (2 Weeks Ago),Delibird (2 Weeks Ago),Totodile (2 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by freestoragetome View Post
    This is exactly what I think! What's the real significance of re-releasing last year's AC rewards? I put in all that effort playing AC just to earn points to exchange for those few valuable items, however, hundreds of thousands of players can effortlessly get them shortly after. What's the point of people playing AC anymore? They can just sit there, drink a cup of coffee and wait for TNT to hand them the grand prizes.
    Welcome to the conversation, sincerely another frustrated player lol
    Imagine that sentiment only extend it to old, retired stamps, rare item code prizes, plot prizes, and other rarities in general.

It’s a misery loves company kind of thing. Nobody has an issue with it until it truly impacts them personally.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    60d 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 20m
    Quote Originally Posted by Teakwood View Post
    Me when people complain about "the economy".

They've been doing this to NC for years. Then they did it to the UC's, and now they're doing it to the high end items. They're making it more accessible for everyone. Either get on the ship, or be left behind in a country with no passport.

I personally am excited to see new items in rotation, even if I do have a majority of the items in the new item pool. So I took a hit on them? Why do I need billions of np when I have everything on site that I need?

Because I spent the last 10 years grinding my ass off to get to where I am? Okay. Why would I want someone to struggle like I did? Why would I not want someone to enjoy the game like I do?

It's a game. Which, probably won't be here in 10 years. So get what you can out of it guys. Make the memories while you can.
    Honestly agree with everything you said in this post. I've had items I've lost out on alot of $ or NPs on because TNT one day woke up and chose violence. This is 2024 with a new Neopets team. They want to bring in more (Ex-players) and NEW players while also keeping their current players and what better way to do that than to bring back old (almost) non-extinct items?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Guil (2 Weeks Ago),Teakwood (2 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 23h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    48m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    In today’s world, I’d argue there are more illegit players than legit players. I’m a in unique position where I’ve been around so long and know so many of the OLD and well known players. You’d be surprised how many people who you think play legit actually don’t. Many of the players who are rich NP wise spend the most money NC wise as well. There are people who have spent tens of thousands on NC and have absolutely bonkers closets, sometimes spread over multiple accounts. I understand catering to the masses, but they are pushing a large group of people to the side too. Not everyone needs every stamp avatar. Not everyone needs to have cool retired plot prizes or rare item code prizes. Those should have been kept exclusive for a reason. Are they inflated more than ever? Some things are, some aren’t. I’m sure it was many peoples dream to have MSPP and suap av. MSPP used to be like 1b and suap was around 2.5-3b+. They are very attainable now. It’s not hard to amass wealth in the game anymore, these quests make it even easier while putting everyone on the same footing - which isn’t always what’s needed. Reward new players and punish old players who have been dedicated throughout everything. Sure would make me feel jaded if I was a wealthy player on the site.

- - - Updated - - -

I won’t say you missed the boat quite yet as those items still have room to run - but I am quite happy with the hundreds of daily quest items I have on my sdb lol
    So if what you say is true, a lot of old wealthy player played illegitly. And obviously, It is a lot easier to earn nps with bot and autobuy etc. So the whole omg making the game too easy argument is kind of hypocrite is it not? Not like they still don't have the advantage of having billions in the bank to invest like you just did. Sounds like TNT just leveling the playing field a bit
    No judgement since I buy NC off site, people play differently and that is just the risk it comes with.

I spend an unhealthy amount of money on NC and a lot of my items got super deflated by rerelease. I'm fine with it, just means more people gets to enjoy what I enjoy. Happiness all around.
    Yes I over paid with real money but hey the enjoyment I paid for is the same? I see it as eating out, 50 buck on a nice meal and the experience is great, if someone else paid 10 it doesn't make my meal any less tasty.

I do think recent event items should stay out of the prize pool though. Less incentive for people to play AC since it is already so grindy! Unless you bot lol, but not everyone likes to.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pikapika For This Useful Post:

kranguli (2 Weeks Ago),nousha (1 Week Ago),Teakwood (2 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 13h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 7m
    Wow. Just found out about this as I haven't really played this week. Crazy I think it's good news actually... Or at least, brings some fun to the game... Hurts the economy a lot but old tnt already messed up first...

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    422 times
    Time Online
    86d 14h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 7m
    Yeah I'm fine with old stuff coming back, AC re-releases is still puzzling to me but if that's needed to make it even for more players then be it.

My only issue is then to lower the AC ranks or change dynamics of the game because it's one of the few events that keeps running until today and it would make people play less, expect less, less neopets content.

Besides some are making up a bit with the old prizes retiring. Sure not billions/millions but hey TNT has been tanking values since last year so if you hold, you're taking the risk sorry.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by pikapika View Post
    So if what you say is true, a lot of old wealthy player played illegitly. And obviously, It is a lot easier to earn nps with bot and autobuy etc. So the whole omg making the game too easy argument is kind of hypocrite is it not? Not like they still don't have the advantage of having billions in the bank to invest like you just did. Sounds like TNT just leveling the playing field a bit
    No judgement since I buy NC off site, people play differently and that is just the risk it comes with.

I spend an unhealthy amount of money on NC and a lot of my items got super deflated by rerelease. I'm fine with it, just means more people gets to enjoy what I enjoy. Happiness all around.
    Yes I over paid with real money but hey the enjoyment I paid for is the same? I see it as eating out, 50 buck on a nice meal and the experience is great, if someone else paid 10 it doesn't make my meal any less tasty.

I do think recent event items should stay out of the prize pool though. Less incentive for people to play AC since it is already so grindy! Unless you bot lol, but not everyone likes to.
    My particular example wasn’t based off bots or auto anything, mostly just buying/selling/trading. I’ve bought/sold/traded things to extremely well known accounts for things they were looking to add to their collections, swap for other items, etc. I don’t think it’s hypocritical to as anybody has the ability to buy/sell/trade in the “black market”, it’s been here for a long long time.

Maybe I’m just a bit more competitive than others. Maybe it’s just a little frustrating when people are simply handed things with no effort being put in at all. I’m a firm believer that life doesn’t need to be fair and people aren’t entitled to everything just because they want it. I do understand it’s just a game though, one that I can’t change anything in directly. I just hope it works out how TNT wants; that activity bumps up and they can make enough money to stick around.

It might have been a grind to get those AC and recent event prizes - but don’t you want everyone to be able to enjoy them as much as people who went through the grind? Maybe you had to grind hard, but it’s nice they can get them so much easier by just doing a few basic actions, right? I kid, I kid

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,171 times
    Time Online
    563d 16h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 28m
    My gripe is that I feel like things need to be re-released at a smaller scale. I hate that "guess which item gets RR'd next" becomes part of the gamble of the game. It sucks when an item you bought recently gets RR'd, but it also sucks to just wait around and not buy anything or reach any goals because that risk feels too big (or just waiting in hopes). If fewer items were released at once, the sudden price drops (and in the case of album items, jumps in the other page items) would be less dramatic.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Aero (1 Week Ago),Bowsette (2 Weeks Ago),Buizel (2 Weeks Ago),I_royalty_I (2 Weeks Ago),Ice (2 Weeks Ago),infestedvirus (1 Week Ago),pikapika (2 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    439d 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by kittyray View Post
    My gripe is that I feel like things need to be re-released at a smaller scale. I hate that "guess which item gets RR'd next" becomes part of the gamble of the game. It sucks when an item you bought recently gets RR'd, but it also sucks to just wait around and not buy anything or reach any goals because that risk feels too big (or just waiting in hopes). If fewer items were released at once, the sudden price drops (and in the case of album items, jumps in the other page items) would be less dramatic.
    Definitely stifles the economy. Some people don’t care about the “economy” but it’s a HUGE part of the game. Buying, selling, trading - when you have no confidence that anything will hold value, it makes things stagnant and can make the game so much worse.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

infestedvirus (1 Week Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    42/0
    Mentioned
    180 times
    Time Online
    53d 10h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    18m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    My particular example wasn’t based off bots or auto anything, mostly just buying/selling/trading. I’ve bought/sold/traded things to extremely well known accounts for things they were looking to add to their collections, swap for other items, etc. I don’t think it’s hypocritical to as anybody has the ability to buy/sell/trade in the “black market”, it’s been here for a long long time.

Maybe I’m just a bit more competitive than others. Maybe it’s just a little frustrating when people are simply handed things with no effort being put in at all. I’m a firm believer that life doesn’t need to be fair and people aren’t entitled to everything just because they want it. I do understand it’s just a game though, one that I can’t change anything in directly. I just hope it works out how TNT wants; that activity bumps up and they can make enough money to stick around.

It might have been a grind to get those AC and recent event prizes - but don’t you want everyone to be able to enjoy them as much as people who went through the grind? Maybe you had to grind hard, but it’s nice they can get them so much easier by just doing a few basic actions, right? I kid, I kid
    I'm just curious. What would you say your grind was to get what you currently have?

Did you spend countless hours restocking and reselling to get what you have? Or did you luck into breaking into accounts that just so happened to have high valued items in it that you were able to trade around.

Your argument is that things are being handed to people, yet you've had the same thing done to yourself. Yeah, you probably bought the hash lists, data leaks and what not. But you didn't have to grind to get those items/pets/nc items.

Are you more mad that your "investments" are now "worthless" to you as you cannot sell them to make a quick buck?

Thank you Hellraid <3

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teakwood For This Useful Post:

Daffodil (2 Weeks Ago),I_royalty_I (2 Weeks Ago)