Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New weekly items added to quest log (petpets)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 21h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    That haven’t been rereleased…. Yet.

At the same time, users have had years and years to play the game and save up to buy any of these petpets. They are expensive because they are rare. It seems nothing on site is going to maintain its value so we circle back to the - why even bother trying mentality. Neo turning into a game of dress up and hand outs, which is such a shame.
    Nah, I think you're too negative about this! I think the rereleased plot prizes are less than 10% of the total amount, and rare stamps will always remain rare for example as they're so sought after and 1 use items. And like all investments, it's never wise to put your eggs in one basket. Sometimes you lose sometimes you win. If Neo was really a hand out game nothing would be more than 100k as I still often see people complaining on Reddit that 1m items are "too expensive". I don't want and expect handouts, but it IS nice to have a tiny chance of obtaining super rare stuff from back when my English was too bad and our internet connection sucked so I couldn't really do anything and participate in plots. It's not like with those I don't still have expensive goals to work towards. And I'm sure there will be plenty of other items to invest in.

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

I_royalty_I (1 Week Ago),nousha (1 Week Ago),Styx (1 Week Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    438d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
    Nah, I think you're too negative about this! I think the rereleased plot prizes are less than 10% of the total amount, and rare stamps will always remain rare for example as they're so sought after and 1 use items. And like all investments, it's never wise to put your eggs in one basket. Sometimes you lose sometimes you win. If Neo was really a hand out game nothing would be more than 100k as I still often see people complaining on Reddit that 1m items are "too expensive". I don't want and expect handouts, but it IS nice to have a tiny chance of obtaining super rare stuff from back when my English was too bad and our internet connection sucked so I couldn't really do anything and participate in plots. It's not like with those I don't still have expensive goals to work towards. And I'm sure there will be plenty of other items to invest in.
    I mean, I can’t do anything about it other than vent frustrations. Even if you put all your eggs in a different basket, they will still die in value. That first round of prizes killed values on potions, weapons, stamps, petpets, plushies, things in just about every category. Then you toss in Candychan stamp, Seasonal Attack Pea. Sprinkle in taking UCs and making them a NC item you have to pay for. Things are upside down and favor new player or players that haven’t put as much effort in. Which would be fine if there were any significant amount of new players.. but when the player base is mostly old long time players - what’s the point in the game when your items you worked forever for could lose 99% of their value overnight. That’s always a very nice feeling
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Erik. (1 Week Ago),♥ PrettySarcastic ♥ (1 Week Ago)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    233 times
    Time Online
    95d 21h 29m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 5m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    I mean, I can’t do anything about it other than vent frustrations. Even if you put all your eggs in a different basket, they will still die in value. That first round of prizes killed values on potions, weapons, stamps, petpets, plushies, things in just about every category. Then you toss in Candychan stamp, Seasonal Attack Pea. Sprinkle in taking UCs and making them a NC item you have to pay for. Things are upside down and favor new player or players that haven’t put as much effort in. Which would be fine if there were any significant amount of new players.. but when the player base is mostly old long time players - what’s the point in the game when your items you worked forever for could lose 99% of their value overnight. That’s always a very nice feeling
    I really get where you're coming from too! I understand. I guess I'm focusing more on the bright side. And also I've probably lost around $500 value in NC items in the past so maybe I've been forced to learn that nothing truly holds value on Neo

Ummie and Vape made by the awesome GWN

my own special userbar made by Lyrichord
    and the awesomest ryus made by GWN, Infected & Lyrichord

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Erik. For This Useful Post:

nousha (1 Week Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    438d 2h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik. View Post
    I really get where you're coming from too! I understand. I guess I'm focusing more on the bright side. And also I've probably lost around $500 value in NC items in the past so maybe I've been forced to learn that nothing truly holds value on Neo
    They really are doing the NC folks dirty too with all these rereleases. I guess one of my main points of contention is that everybody isnt necessarily entitled to have everything they want. Why not put out new items (other than NC) for people to collect instead of rereleasing, I’ll never understand that one.

But you’re right, at this point we just have to accept that nothing is off limits and TNT can kill the value of things without a second thought haha
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

8. The Following User Says Thank You to I_royalty_I For This Useful Post:

Erik. (1 Week Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 14h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    Feel like TNT are using drops as bandaid solution to distract angry player from neopass glitches and spaghetti codes.

But I'm okay with it ha. I'm biased though because it doesn't affect me much and I'm a buyer not a seller. I would be piss if its my stock irl and they just start handling out mag 7 willy nilly.

I did lost value in NC but they are closet items. But these tactic did made me drop $$$$$$ on nc and kept me playing. The daily rewards do make it feel worthwhile to log in every day. Plus people always like the ~ I got lucky~ feeling.

There is less prepping mentality like I gotta do irl, which is tiring. I can just live in the moment; now I see cute things I just buy haha

Pronouns
    bur/den
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    31 times
    Time Online
    6d 4h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    13m