4/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 11h 1m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Neopets 'forgot my password' email server - STATUS

Alright, so, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but it seems that the Neopets email server that resets your password breaks constantly. Over the last year or so, it would 'go offline' for a few days, then come back, and go away again in a couple of days. The 'offline period' seems (to me, at least), to be increasing.

If I'm not mistaken (and I check regularly), this server has been offline for about a month now. So, if you've been wondering why you're not getting an email to reset your password, this is why.

This is pretty bad for Neopets, as people on hiatus returning, will probably have to reset their passwords. They will attempt to reset the password, it will seem to work, but the email will never arrive. They'll probably toddle off and play old school runescape, or something. You can get your password reset via a ticket. You might even get a response within a week.

It's a bit of a nuisance figuring out if the server is definitely down, so I'm hoping people can use this thread to let people know if the server is running or not. If the last message in this thread is 'server is down', and you know it to be up, can you leave a message here? And vice versa.

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Hellkittten For This Useful Post:

Aero (1 Week Ago),Autobot (4 Weeks Ago),Bomb (4 Weeks Ago),Bowsette (4 Weeks Ago),Cinnamoroll (4 Weeks Ago),DarkSkies (4 Weeks Ago),Erik. (4 Weeks Ago),Fiore (3 Weeks Ago),Gotch (4 Weeks Ago),Ice (4 Weeks Ago),inferno (1 Week Ago),infestedvirus (4 Weeks Ago),Mangle (1 Week Ago),Meepit (4 Weeks Ago),oddish (4 Weeks Ago),Politoed (4 Weeks Ago),rio (4 Weeks Ago),Sakuras (1 Week Ago),Styx (4 Weeks Ago),Synth Salazzle (2 Weeks Ago),Zapdos (4 Weeks Ago)