4/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m

Neopets 'forgot my password' email server - STATUS

Alright, so, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but it seems that the Neopets email server that resets your password breaks constantly. Over the last year or so, it would 'go offline' for a few days, then come back, and go away again in a couple of days. The 'offline period' seems (to me, at least), to be increasing.

If I'm not mistaken (and I check regularly), this server has been offline for about a month now. So, if you've been wondering why you're not getting an email to reset your password, this is why.

This is pretty bad for Neopets, as people on hiatus returning, will probably have to reset their passwords. They will attempt to reset the password, it will seem to work, but the email will never arrive. They'll probably toddle off and play old school runescape, or something. You can get your password reset via a ticket. You might even get a response within a week.

It's a bit of a nuisance figuring out if the server is definitely down, so I'm hoping people can use this thread to let people know if the server is running or not. If the last message in this thread is 'server is down', and you know it to be up, can you leave a message here? And vice versa.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Hellkittten For This Useful Post:

Autobot (2 Weeks Ago),Bomb (2 Weeks Ago),Bowsette (2 Weeks Ago),Cinnamoroll (2 Weeks Ago),DarkSkies (2 Weeks Ago),Erik. (2 Weeks Ago),Fiore (2 Days Ago),Gotch (2 Weeks Ago),Ice (2 Weeks Ago),infestedvirus (2 Weeks Ago),Meepit (2 Weeks Ago),oddish (2 Weeks Ago),Politoed (2 Weeks Ago),rio (2 Weeks Ago),Styx (2 Weeks Ago),Zapdos (2 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 20h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 56m
    Thank you for this explanation. It drives me crazy having to send a ticket in for password reset

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 11m
    I also think if you make a new account, you cannot do the activation process. Very bad for the site.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infestedvirus For This Useful Post:

Fiore (2 Days Ago),Hellkittten (2 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    6 times
    Time Online
    35d 9h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    5h 8m
    I can say with certainty it was working on 08/04/2024 for a brief period (few hours) was able to grab the link for some accounts in this short space of time.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billions For This Useful Post:

Bowsette (2 Weeks Ago),infestedvirus (2 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 23h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    It's very hit or miss. There does not appear to be any sort of pattern as to why it works and why it doesn't.
    Last year yahoo was the one that I always held my breath for when sending a pass reset. Hotmail was always, always solid and came through. Now a days, hotmail is the finicky one and yahoo (and aol) always come through.

Not sure when the last time I check was, but sometime in the past few days I was able to get things sent out successfully.

- - - Updated - - -

Can confirm - JUST now received emails to a yahoo email address. Might have to test hotmail, maybe today is one of those days where it just seems to work lol

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Can also confirm that hotmail is not sending anything right now, bummer.
    Gonna be MIA for a few days so maybe it'll cooperate next week!
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    32d 15h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    51m
    I'm not getting email change mails. Makes it impossible to set up a new shell, as I can't take the risk of logging in, the email not changing, and then not being able to ticket for a password. SO frustrating.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to birdies For This Useful Post:

Hellkittten (2 Weeks Ago)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    32 times
    Time Online
    205d 7h 53m
    Avg. Time Online
    5h 2m
    I am not getting password reset for gmail for a good while now. But emails like yahoo are working fine.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rachy Queen For This Useful Post:

Fiore (2 Days Ago),Hellkittten (2 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by I_royalty_I View Post
    It's very hit or miss. There does not appear to be any sort of pattern as to why it works and why it doesn't.
    Last year yahoo was the one that I always held my breath for when sending a pass reset. Hotmail was always, always solid and came through. Now a days, hotmail is the finicky one and yahoo (and aol) always come through.

Not sure when the last time I check was, but sometime in the past few days I was able to get things sent out successfully.

- - - Updated - - -

Can confirm - JUST now received emails to a yahoo email address. Might have to test hotmail, maybe today is one of those days where it just seems to work lol

---------- Post added at 01:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Can also confirm that hotmail is not sending anything right now, bummer.
    Gonna be MIA for a few days so maybe it'll cooperate next week!
    It makes no sense to me that there would be any difference between yahoo and hotmail... surely the problem is on Neopets end, and it either sends or it doesn't...
    Something I have observed is emails do go through on Neopass. That's sent as (you need an account to see links), the email from password reset is (you need an account to see links).
    I haven't recieved an email from (you need an account to see links) in a month. It used to be that the backlog will be cleared, and I'd wake up with a bunch of emails, but I think the backlog is purged now.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    109/0
    Mentioned
    465 times
    Time Online
    312d 20h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 56m
    I can’t get a password or username reminder to gmail no matter how much I try

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 10h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Haven't had a chance to recieve emails since original post..