15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m

Solar Eclipse + CERN

So. This is me picking everyone's brain. If you haven't heard by now there will be a solar eclipse!

My question to you all (as this is kind of an experiment on my end) do you all think this is a hoax? There's some kind of master plan?

If you're on social medias you will see CERN is somehow being speculated to be apart of planning this around that and such. Some kind of door way opening? I'd like to know everyone's ideas.

I work at
    ill keep it short but its a national DOE laboratory that does energy research. Working here and seeing NPC's conjure up some crazy idea that what we do creates a huge commotion on our earth and somehow our solar system... so if I worked at CERN i would think yall are crazy. Help me understand what people are possibly thinking lol.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (4 Weeks Ago),♥ lint ♥ (4 Weeks Ago)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Are you talking about experiments? (I dunno why Stranger Things came to my mind lol)

If my question it's so out if the loop I apologize I'm waking up lol

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (4 Weeks Ago)

Pronouns
    she/her or they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    145 times
    Time Online
    32d 11h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    What exactly is supposed to be the hoax? The solar eclipse, CERN starting up, a secret third option?

And uh, the social media I involve myself in tends to have a more scientific approach, so any attempts at clickbait/conspiracy theories tend to get filtered (or even ridiculed).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dot For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (4 Weeks Ago)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Are you talking about experiments? (I dunno why Stranger Things came to my mind lol)

If my question it's so out if the loop I apologize I'm waking up lol
    i dont expect anyone to really know know, but yes CERN has a particle accelerator, i believe it their main experiment up there? im not sure. at my area we have NuMI, MINOS, MINERVA and some others i dont remember atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    What exactly is supposed to be the hoax? The solar eclipse, CERN starting up, a secret third option?

And uh, the social media I involve myself in tends to have a more scientific approach, so any attempts at clickbait/conspiracy theories tend to get filtered (or even ridiculed).
    there is apparently some kind of god particle? that seeks to open the gates of hell? i have no idea myself. seen some stuff on X/instagram and was wondering if anyone seen the same.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    18/0
    Mentioned
    96 times
    Time Online
    21d 12h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I've been really excited about the eclipse and this is the first I've heard about the CERN conspiracies because I live under a rock lol

Just googled 'solar eclipse cern conspiracy' and wow those results... 50+ million TT views on the topic already.

(you need an account to see links)

Second result on SERP was a Newsweek link spotting something interesting; seems the usual suspects are part of the outcry.

I'll take a stab at your question at face value; apologies if the question was rhetorical and you were simply expressing frustration.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vis For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (4 Weeks Ago),DarkSkies (4 Weeks Ago),Excalibur (4 Weeks Ago),Ice (4 Weeks Ago),♥ Sneasel ♥ (4 Weeks Ago)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    I mean, I remember when there were conspiracies that suggested CERN was planning to obliterate the universe with the Large Hadron Collider, so I shouldn't be that surprised, but still am. Life has been hellish lately and my eclipse plans fell through, so guess I'll have to hope the portal is available to those with only 85% Totality.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (4 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    I've seen some.. stuff online these past couple of weeks. Tbh though I've been going through a lot so remembering all of the different things I've read are going to be difficult to remember exactly and I might lump some stuff together. Cool job btw!

My partner reads about the god particle and stuff but I don't know too much about it myself, I'll ask him when he comes home. The only stuff I've seen, or "read" from the loud social media crowd is that yes things "could" be tested. I see this as a push to get people to panic and buy things lol. I feel of more Y2K vibes than anything. Any time an "event" comes there are some weird narratives.

As for the US conspiracy side of things, our infrastructure is shit. People are panicking of an "attack" or something. Kids are staying home from school in certain states where the eclipse is happening. National guard has been around to different places. Idk the logical reasons, just seeing the crazy stuff I scroll through online. I guess we are in a high solar period causing electronics to mess up. EMP? Probably not, but people are going to talk regardless lol.

Who knows, maybe *all* of this hubub *is* for reactions and just a distraction altogether......haha

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (4 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I don't particularly care about the conspiracy stuff, but I'm looking forward to the eclipse! A grocery store near me will be closing for a few minutes that day to allow their employees to view the eclipse, and I know my workplace will also be allowing us a break to look at it

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

Alister (4 Weeks Ago),Excalibur (4 Weeks Ago),Ice (4 Weeks Ago),Meepit (4 Weeks Ago)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    I also am not familiar with the conspiracy, but some counties around me have issued formal disaster declarations for the eclipse. Schools have closed for the day. I live in the 100% total eclipse path and it's expected that hundreds of thousands of people will flood the area to view it. In the past it's created such terrible traffic on roads that school buses couldn't get children home until after 8pm, emergency vehicles can't get through, stuff like that. People are advised to stock up on groceries and supplies and bunk down.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

kittyray (4 Weeks Ago)

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,167 times
    Time Online
    558d 3h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    I also am not familiar with the conspiracy, but some counties around me have issued formal disaster declarations for the eclipse. Schools have closed for the day. I live in the 100% total eclipse path and it's expected that hundreds of thousands of people will flood the area to view it. In the past it's created such terrible traffic on roads that school buses couldn't get children home until after 8pm, emergency vehicles can't get through, stuff like that. People are advised to stock up on groceries and supplies and bunk down.
    Yeah, I've heard some areas are basically trying to find a balance between locking down for safety like you described, and leaning into the micro tourism boon.

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB