DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 42m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    But CERN is in switzerland and the Solar Eclipse is in the US and mexico, so why is there a conspiracy theory about it?
    Played too much Half Life?

There was a Total Eclipse in germany in the year 1999, it was awesome!
    The next one will be in 2081, I don't think, I will be around then...
    If you have the chance, go and watch it!
    Last edited by Sneasel; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:24 PM.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    94 times
    Time Online
    6d 9h 54m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    I've heard about CERN conspiracy theories for a loooooong time since they first launched or whatever. I remember it was a big deal because in theory, they could create a lil mini baby black hole with how they were atom smashing/particle accelerating and the scientists didn't know what would happen if that was in fact created. It was on the news here in the US I remember that they did a tour of the facility or something and the scientists had an "in case of emergency, break this" container with a bottle of wine and the joke was that if they did create something like a black hole, we would all be screwed so f it and drink wine while you go down with the ship. It was an exaggeration, sure, but still a possibility since this was never done before. Also, the logo is considered to be 3 sixes, so it's thought to be related to the illuminati or whatever.
    I'm not surprised a solar eclipse is linked with them to push a portal/gate to another dimension conspiracy theory. I heard a lot of this first with a coworker when I was attending university who now is sooooo far down a conspiracy theory rabbit hole so I'm just regurgitating what I heard lol.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    127/0
    Mentioned
    54 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    6m
    I'm traveling to Mazatlan next week to see the eclipse and I'm so hyped <3

As for the conspiracy theory, this is the first time I hear about it but seeing people worried or making up some theories is like... part of the experience? There's always some stuff like this when some special event happens and I don't care about it much but I enjoy looking at all those theories.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7d 2h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    29m
    My kind of humor is usually being completely unhinged and saying a bunch of nonsense/absurd conspiracies (for example, not long ago my favorite thing was reciting the “donald trump if you hear me” video). But its all satire, so I wonder if thats the same situation here?

I only make those jokes inside my friend group because I think spreading those types of misinformation/conspiracies in the open can be really harmful and cause hysteria in people that might not be stable mentally. I have an uncle that actually started packing for the end of the world, saying that the big people in politics are reptilians from venus yadayada

Im ngl but CERN spooks me a bit because my little smooth brain cant grasp it fully - but i understand how important it is for studies.

Lurking to hopefully learn more and be better informed!