Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How risky is having more than five accounts?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m

How risky is having more than five accounts?

I've always had just five, but I've been successful in getting a few accounts unfrozen and now have more. Should I be cautious and self a few? I know back in the day people used to put disclaimers on their accounts that they were sharing a pc with other people in their house, and chances are there were more than 5 combined accounts on the same IP, so idk!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blumi For This Useful Post:

Halloqueenie (03-08-2024)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    Are you under the same IP for your current 5 and then the extras? Because if so, that's going to look awfully sus to TNT and they may freeze some of your accounts. Of course, the family disclaimer can help, but TNT tends to freeze first, ask questions never lol.

I personally only have my main and three sides only, but you usually only want extra accounts to store pets/items for either use for your main one, or for selling purposes. If those recently unfrozen accounts hold sentimental value to you, then I'd use the family disclaimer you purposed and just keep them on the sideline from your current 5.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Blumi (03-08-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    17h 4m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    asking a newbie question just to be extra safe: same ip means same machine? right? so if I use like 3 different devices for different accounts - even though they use the same wifi network - would that be safe?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    20h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudgirl View Post
    asking a newbie question just to be extra safe: same ip means same machine? right? so if I use like 3 different devices for different accounts - even though they use the same wifi network - would that be safe?
    Same IP means same router. So any device using the home's wifi would be under the same IP. So, no, it wouldn't be safe. Your mobile has the same IP as your laptop if they're both using the home's wifi.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blumi For This Useful Post:

Buizel (03-08-2024),cloudgirl (03-08-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    VPN and have as many accounts as you want-

risk it for the biscuit

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Cat Purrson (03-09-2024),cloudgirl (03-08-2024),TheArcher (03-11-2024)

Pronouns
    🔥
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    12d 15h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    4h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    VPN and have as many accounts as you want-

risk it for the biscuit
    I've been curious and confused as heck about VPN's. Hope you don't mind me asking (if you know, ofc!) if something like the free VPN the Opera browser has, for example, would be secure enough to run just one extra account?

Avatar by the wonderful (you need an account to see links)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arcanine For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (03-09-2024)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    I've been curious and confused as heck about VPN's. Hope you don't mind me asking (if you know, ofc!) if something like the free VPN the Opera browser has, for example, would be secure enough to run just one extra account?
    Well there is always a risk. A paid dedicated proxy/VPN will give you a personal exclusive IP. A free (as in public) will give you a shared IP address.

The level of choice is equivalent to the importance of your goals. I have used free vpns for shells I move from to time just a little, don't really engage much there so to me it's fine because if I lose them it won't be a huge loss for me. That and nowadays TNT only freezes if you're huge dumbly playing or if you're mass reported.

I would say that if you're not planning to invest a lot in that extra account as another main or a selling stock you can use a free vpn if you don't want to pay. I haven't tested Opera though but make sure it changes your IP.

Otherwise, if this account will be very significant for you then I'd pay a bit more for safety.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Arcanine (03-09-2024),♥ Este ♥ (03-09-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    One thing that's annoying is that TNT won't help you if you get an account unfrozen but you already were at your limit of five. I have my main and four sides, right? Well, TNT unfroze my super old main from when I was a kid. I'd be completely okay with self-icing Side 5 and just moving to that old account, but I bought pet slots on Side 5, and TNT is greedy and refuses to transfer pet slots. So fuck it, I have a secret sixth side account. As long as you largely shut up about it and don't earn NP on there, you could probably get away with it. Even more so if you use the "more than one person uses this computer" or whatever. That's what I'm hoping, at least.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

Blumi (03-09-2024),Druid (03-12-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
    its always a risk, from what ive gathered from people talking in discord and even NN is that- well honestly i dont recall the full spectrum of what was said but i will quote this: "People are not getting frozen for playing on the same computer/IP address because it's not against the rules for multiple people from the same household to play"

honestly how do they know how many people live in your house and such. i personally dont pay for VPNs i use free ones cause tbh its just pixels. i use my real account with my IP but shells, getting into other accounts i use VeePN and i randomly select them at will.

been doing this on going 7+ years and the only time i ever got frozen or flagged was pre auction house junk 100+ million neopoints moves

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Arcanine (03-09-2024),caviar (03-09-2024)

Pronouns
    🔥
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    12d 15h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    4h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
    Well there is always a risk. A paid dedicated proxy/VPN will give you a personal exclusive IP. A free (as in public) will give you a shared IP address.

The level of choice is equivalent to the importance of your goals. I have used free vpns for shells I move from to time just a little, don't really engage much there so to me it's fine because if I lose them it won't be a huge loss for me. That and nowadays TNT only freezes if you're huge dumbly playing or if you're mass reported.

I would say that if you're not planning to invest a lot in that extra account as another main or a selling stock you can use a free vpn if you don't want to pay. I haven't tested Opera though but make sure it changes your IP.

Otherwise, if this account will be very significant for you then I'd pay a bit more for safety.
    its always a risk, from what ive gathered from people talking in discord and even NN is that- well honestly i dont recall the full spectrum of what was said but i will quote this: "People are not getting frozen for playing on the same computer/IP address because it's not against the rules for multiple people from the same household to play"

honestly how do they know how many people live in your house and such. i personally dont pay for VPNs i use free ones cause tbh its just pixels. i use my real account with my IP but shells, getting into other accounts i use VeePN and i randomly select them at will.

been doing this on going 7+ years and the only time i ever got frozen or flagged was pre auction house junk 100+ million neopoints moves
    thank you both for the info!
    I honestly just want a second main to fiddle around on and don't want to necessarily use one of my other computers in the house (honestly me just being lazy) - and if I can connect to it with Stealth Core and a VPN on my main computer that would be fantastic. XD;

Avatar by the wonderful (you need an account to see links)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Arcanine For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (03-09-2024)