DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    17h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    even living so far from Japan, when I worked with first graders I often saw a lot of drawings of Goku from the boys. how can one character become so popular among different nationalities and generations (they were 20 years younger than me)? I remember watching DBZ when I was in middle school, never been a fan of anime but that one was captivating. I enjoyed particularly the girls (Videl, Bulma, Android 18) kicking ass. Rest in peace and thanks for your immeasurable legacy, Akira!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cloudgirl For This Useful Post:

KJiU (03-08-2024),Zenitsu (03-08-2024)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Just as many others for me it was DBZ. Those childhood memories of my brother putting the show on the TV and always being expectant next day for what was going to happen (and the episodes were rebooted lol). My favorite has always been Gohan so yeah, this is like double strike

I remember even getting a game for SNES? I can't remember well but I do remember N18 was my favorite fighter

And how forget the thrilling when the movies came out? This is indeed a legacy, I enjoyed it a lot and it will always remind me of my brother influence since thanks to him I knew DB.

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    23h 23m
    Avg. Time Online
    23m
    It's so sad :'(
    even my mom sent me the news!!
    he left an amazing legacy that transcends time and generations

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 11h 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    I remember being introduced to DBZ when I was in elementary school and had neighborhood friend who always ran inside when it was on TV. I had to check it out! In thinking back now DBZ was my first introduction to anime. It was always so action packed and had such a great storyline and I became hooked as part of my after school regime of shows. Thank y9u for introducing me to the world of anime and creating so many childhood memories as we would all get together as kids and recreate those epic battles on the playground.s

Rest easy.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    11/0
    Mentioned
    35 times
    Time Online
    12d 18h 22m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I'm 36, so myself and my friend group were right there, everyday after school watching DBZ, fresh new episodes. I still remember the feeling as a kid, seeing the evolution of Goku, from fighting Piccolo, to then join up against Raditz, to my all time favorite character being introduced, Vegeta. To this day, I still believe and am inspired by the character change and development in Vegeta throughout the series and into Super, but most importantly, the Majin Buu arc, where he became one of the greatest anime characters of all time. The entire time, thinking he went back to his evil ways, just to defeat Goku, until it was finally revealed, in his final speech or that arc, he was doing this all to protect his family. He changed from this arrogant, selfish, egotistical person, who only cared about power and being the strongest, to what I see, as a husband, and father who would do anything, literally giving his life without question to protect and save them. Looking back even more so since I became a parent a few years ago, that's always rang true in the realness of that character in that moment. The values I have learned from watching this masterpiece over my lifetime are irreplaceable and I'm sure the amount of people who feel that way can't be measured. Thank you, your greatness will be forever missed, but never forgotten.

J_L_K_64 rules you.

(you need an account to see links) - My YouTube Channel

(you need an account to see links) - My Twitch channel - Sunday thru Friday 9:30PM EST - 1:30AM EST

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Masterplayer44 For This Useful Post:

Charmander (03-09-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    13/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    10d 17h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    First became aware of him with Chrono Trigger in 1994 (still my favorite game of all time) then later with Dragon Ball and the Dragon Quest series. Such a huge influence on all of the genres he touched. RIP to a legend.
    real men play neopets

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    49/0
    Mentioned
    45 times
    Time Online
    13d 6h N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    This just makes me miss my brother, and father, so much more. The only good memories I even have left of my childhood was getting home from school, and just waiting for Goku to recover on Namek...
    My dad getting hype during the final scene, with Frieza all cut up. I only hope we meet our creations in our passing.

Thank you for your creations A.T. Rest in Peace.
    Thank you $Infected for the FANTASTIC upgrade to my forum look!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    17d 17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    I never really grew up watching DB or anything as many have, but as an anime fan I can say that without his inspiration and influence, a lot of anime that I know and love today wouldn't exist or be the same without him. It's been so incredible to see all of the incredible words many mangaka have shared about this man to honor the legacy he left. Rest in peace, Akira <3

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    14/0
    Mentioned
    190 times
    Time Online
    85d 10h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 34m
    I was so shocked to hear he passed away- and only at 68 as well. Wishing his family & loved ones all the best.

Dragon Ball & DBZ were also some of my first animes growing up. I think they were some of the first to be released on accessible cartoon channels where I lived (YTV Canada shout out). My friend read DBZ to learn English when he moved to America from Korea! There's no doubt Toriyama-sensei's works have touched the lives of so many children- many whom are now adults, and his works have inspired so many past and current mangaka as well. May he rest in peace.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    25/0
    Mentioned
    466 times
    Time Online
    150d 8h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 11m

♥ Stardust ♥ Lyrichord ♥ TsUNaMy WaVe ♥ Zenitsu ♥

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ariealle For This Useful Post:

Aero (03-10-2024),DarkSkies (03-09-2024)

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast