31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    I’m on mobile right now and can’t pull a screenshot easily, but I’m really disappointed by the magical faerie glade bg spoilers (they’re out now, sorry for the lack of image!)
    I am very sorry for this...

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

Aero (03-22-2024),Bowsette (03-22-2024)

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    The only good thing for these dyeworks is the og items in the mall

(I said what I said)

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Totodile For This Useful Post:

Aero (03-22-2024),basically (03-22-2024),DarkSkies (03-21-2024),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (03-21-2024),Politoed (03-21-2024),Spoildlittleme (03-22-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7d 8h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Yeah, I'm also disappointed. Every time a new leak gets posted I'm just over here like "man, I'm disappointed" LMAO. Out of all these, I really only like the pink/white clouds and the lavender/white cherry blossom filter. Someone posted this page: (you need an account to see links) that has some larger previews of the images, but I'm still not really convinced; I'd need to see the sunset rainbow beam on other BGs, I don't love the disproportionate big green piece of cloud in the rainbow ombre cloud, and sadly it doesn't looks like the magical faerie glade was fixed (the dyes still lack the depth of field and soft lighting). I also don't love green as a choice because like........ how many green forest backgrounds do we have by now?? Without the depth of field and proper lighting, which imo is specifically what made magical faerie glade unique, it just looks like any other standard forest background. It's not bad per se but just... unexciting. That's how I feel about most of these, actually.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amris For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (03-21-2024),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (03-21-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    14d 12h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Larger preview of all glades:
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

I honestly like how black turned out but yeah it's weird how Green doesn't seem to have the light diffused like the other DWs version have? So upset they didn't fix og glade to its original glory after all

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Alena For This Useful Post:

Lyrichord (03-22-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    8 times
    Time Online
    6d 5h 31m
    Avg. Time Online
    5m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alena View Post
    Larger preview of all glades:
    (you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)(you need an account to see links)

I honestly like how black turned out but yeah it's weird how Green doesn't seem to have the light diffused like the other DWs version have? So upset they didn't fix og glade to its original glory after all
    These look terrible how disappointing.

The light on the green one looks silly. Just looks like a stage light.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    27/0
    Mentioned
    87 times
    Time Online
    36d 1h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    57m
    I usually am pretty empathetic towards professional artists (because I am one!) but woof. These look like minimum effort to the max.

It's so easy to go into photoshop or procreate and play with color presets, blend modes, curves and hues to get a completely different look of various color hues. But it looks like they literally put one tone over the original drawing and call it a day!

Why?!

Pomi the Ryu
    amazing userbar by lyrichord

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orbit For This Useful Post:

Alena (03-22-2024),amris (03-22-2024),Fiore (03-22-2024),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (03-22-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    2d 13h 24m
    Avg. Time Online
    54m
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
    I usually am pretty empathetic towards professional artists (because I am one!) but woof. These look like minimum effort to the max.

It's so easy to go into photoshop or procreate and play with color presets, blend modes, curves and hues to get a completely different look of various color hues. But it looks like they literally put one tone over the original drawing and call it a day!

Why?!
    Lol i'm more critical because working as an artist you can see the amount of work that DIDNT go into it. They all just look sooo sloppy. Felt like the art director/supervisor is away or something and they just sent things straight into production.

For the bw one even just adjusting the level/curve for 5 minutes in photoshop make a huge difference. It just look like a blob right now. The most time consuming part is probably just changing the colour for each object, which should be in vector and layered anyway.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pikapika For This Useful Post:

Alena (03-22-2024),amris (03-22-2024),Fiore (03-22-2024),♥ Hydrapple ♥ (03-22-2024),Orbit (03-22-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    7d 8h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    The new DWs just dropped. The glades have been modeled, and I'm not sure if it looks different on the actual site, but they have that harsh "stage light" effect going on in them too. The backgrounds are honestly super lazily done--I don't like the monochrome filter effect they do either. I've generally been unimpressed by DW backgrounds because of this.

I just really wish they used this opportunity to at least fix the OG glade if they're gonna give us these lazy ass dyes 😩

17. The Following User Says Thank You to amris For This Useful Post:

♥ Hydrapple ♥ (03-22-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    14 times
    Time Online
    56d 6h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Fuuuuuuck man RIP Rainbow Beam. It had so much potential. I've found some ways to use the new ones but goddamn they really flubbed it. Sunset was pretty ugly IMO and that's the one I ended up with the most. Because of course.

I'm just happy to stock up on originals.