Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when you lose interest in Neo?

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    23h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Back from a long term freeze. Account was hacked and for whatever reason some 15 years later my account has been unfrozen. At first I was having a blast. Trading around some super old rare items. Changing around my user lookup. Gallery. etc. Playing on mobile and restocking.. all good fun. But now I really want to focus on levelling up my pet. And I’m finding it such a slog. The lab ray has been super bad to me lately. I’ve been using fortune cookies and I’m just not finding the passion there to only see myself gain 1-2 levels a day so I can then grind the 1-2 stat points a day per category. And then due to my own impatience I’zap my pet with the ray and loose levels! lol. Anyway I guess what im trying to say is I’m enjoying the game but I feel the burnout fast and I don’t want to loose the passion to continue to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    119/0
    Mentioned
    37 times
    Time Online
    19d 6h 50m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    I also hyper-fixate on things. Oh the joys of ADHD! I do my dailies every single day regardless and I find that helps keep some of my interest.

For the most part, I allow myself to take breaks and play other things. I've been playing Coral Island recently which is so much fun.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    61 times
    Time Online
    17d 22h 48m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    I just move on to hyper fixating on something else! I play gaiaonline still as well so I usually hop between being active on both of them.
    My current hyperfixation is Baldur’s Gate; I’ve been playing for months now, haha.

I do find with neopets that taking small breaks when I feel burnt out creates a lot of inspiration. I like not playing for a while and then coming back and seeing tons of new items that would fit in my gallery. Changing what I’m engaging with on there also helps me lose a bit of that burn out as well.

pancake the ryu

thank you honeycomb for the pancake doodle and hearts for the sleepy pumpkin!

Pronouns
    Sponge
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    52 times
    Time Online
    45d 22h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    If I get bored on Neopets for a bit, I go to my fallbacks... Animal Crossing if I want to play a game or I do alot of Netflix and Hulu streaming. I have a butt load of shows/movies on my "to watch" list on the streaming stuff. I also DVR ALOT of shows so I have stuff from 2023 that I still have not watched. Of course having a teenage daughter also keeps me VERY busy. She is going to be 16 soon and is now learning to drive.
    http://clraik.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic12084_2.gif
    I am a little obsessed with a certain yellow sponge.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    Quote Originally Posted by Snokes View Post
    Back from a long term freeze. Account was hacked and for whatever reason some 15 years later my account has been unfrozen. At first I was having a blast. Trading around some super old rare items. Changing around my user lookup. Gallery. etc. Playing on mobile and restocking.. all good fun. But now I really want to focus on levelling up my pet. And I’m finding it such a slog. The lab ray has been super bad to me lately. I’ve been using fortune cookies and I’m just not finding the passion there to only see myself gain 1-2 levels a day so I can then grind the 1-2 stat points a day per category. And then due to my own impatience I’zap my pet with the ray and loose levels! lol. Anyway I guess what im trying to say is I’m enjoying the game but I feel the burnout fast and I don’t want to loose the passion to continue to play.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely get that! MY battle pet is at lv 212 and these last 50 feel so slow when training takes 24 hours. I bought a training cookie and that's help tremendously. I also do kitchen quests but I'm getting burnt out doing them manually. I really need to make a script to do them for me.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 16m
    Avg. Time Online
    20m
    i just live my life and forget it exists. i'll play non-stop for a few months at a time and then get bored and not come back for years... it's fine, honestly kinda nice actually. once it starts to feel tedious and boring (which it has been as of late.. i haven't spent almost any time here or on neo in months now) i do other stuff. don't force it... your account will still be there when you choose to come back
    you can call me pix

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I just hate feeling like I spent a bunch of money on Neopets stuff and am now not using it as much :')

Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    6h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    I play other stuff like pokemon fan games and rom hacks.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    5h 12m
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    At the moment, im mostly back on Neo because im job hunting. After I eventually land a job I guess ill continue collecting interest, but theres far too little things in general on the site that interest me right now. If they would make improvements to bring the site out of 2 decades ago it might be more interesting.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    77 times
    Time Online
    20d 19h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    17m
    I used to get FOMO about not playing during an event but as time went on I just approached it like any other game: if you're not enjoying it then just step away. I'll play other games or catch up on books/shows/etc until something interesting comes up that makes me return, which may take a few months or even a year, and I think that's ok