Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here taking anxiety medication?

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    29d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    My doc just prescribed Buspirone for me, I haven’t started taking it yet. Anxious about it truthfully. It’s like the big circle. Anxious and need to take it but anxious to start it. The pharmacist looked at me funny when I picked it up so it kinda scared me too.
    I have some ocd too. Like with turning things off and not believing I did it so I check it again. And again. And if I don’t I go into anxiety about it. I also have traumatic things that have happened to me that I constantly beat myself up with even though it’s old issues. Things I should have been able to let go of.
    Edit to add, it’s nice to see others that take things and say they work!
    Last edited by RicoBandito; 02-11-2024 at 07:21 PM.
    userbar made by the talented lyrichord

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RicoBandito For This Useful Post:

Buizel (02-11-2024),Halloqueenie (02-12-2024),♥ Novaray ♥ (02-11-2024),♥ Seagate ♥ (02-11-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    80/0
    Mentioned
    148 times
    Time Online
    38d 9h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    14m
    My anxiety is pretty out of control lately, but I've tried 3 different meds and nothing really helps... The last one I was on a year or so ago and it made me SO nauseous. One day I'll find one that helps!!

mothman userbar by @munna !!! <3
    venonat splice by me :3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothman For This Useful Post:

♥ Novaray ♥ (02-11-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    11 times
    Time Online
    2d 10h 8m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by RicoBandito View Post
    My doc just prescribed Buspirone for me, I haven’t started taking it yet. Anxious about it truthfully. It’s like the big circle. Anxious and need to take it but anxious to start it. The pharmacist looked at me funny when I picked it up so it kinda scared me too.
    I have some ocd too. Like with turning things off and not believing I did it so I check it again. And again. And if I don’t I go into anxiety about it. I also have traumatic things that have happened to me that I constantly beat myself up with even though it’s old issues. Things I should have been able to let go of.
    Edit to add, it’s nice to see others that take things and say they work!
    Oh I completely understand. It took me so long to take meds because I have OCD as well, and I have a ton of phobias surrounding medication and medical stuff in general. I obsess over side effects and things like that. Seeing that other people take these things and are okay helps me a lot too. I hope you give it a try, from what I understand buspirone is very mild and safe!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novaray For This Useful Post:

Halloqueenie (02-12-2024),RicoBandito (02-11-2024)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    29d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Ahh yes same! You get it! I think I’ll start them tomorrow! Thank you for the super kind reply! It makes me feel Better! I hope you have success too!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RicoBandito For This Useful Post:

Halloqueenie (02-12-2024),♥ Novaray ♥ (02-11-2024)

Bui bui!
    Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    67/0
    Mentioned
    713 times
    Time Online
    356d 5h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 12m
    @(you need an account to see links) I actually got prescribed buspirone 2 months ago, and so far, it has been working well for me and it feels like it gives me a mild boost of energy with managing my anxiety. I've also been taking desvenlafaxine for about 2 years. I find that both help, but I do at least hope I don't move up to three prescriptions in the future.

Ryu adoptable made by Stardust
    Waving Buizel avatar made/animated by Da Plushee Boree
    Buimeleon made by Hare
    Static User bar & Anarchy Buizel made by honeycomb
    Name User bar made by Lyrichord
    Buizel Ryus made by Zapdos & GWN, respectfully
    Cutey Buizel made by Wooloo
    Buizel gif User bar made by Zenitsu
    Vector Buizel made by Hollow
    Ryu Buizel User bar made by Dero
    Christmas Buizel made by DankRUSE

National Dex Number: 418
    Type: Water
    Sea Weasel Pokemon
    (you need an account to see links)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Buizel For This Useful Post:

Halloqueenie (02-12-2024),♥ Novaray ♥ (02-11-2024),RicoBandito (02-11-2024)

Pronouns
    She/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 times
    Time Online
    29d 16h 32m
    Avg. Time Online
    31m
    Quote Originally Posted by Buizel View Post
    @(you need an account to see links) I actually got prescribed buspirone 2 months ago, and so far, it has been working well for me and it feels like it gives me a mild boost of energy with managing my anxiety. I've also been taking desvenlafaxine for about 2 years. I find that both help, but I do at least hope I don't move up to three prescriptions in the future.
    Ahh that’s great to know! And I’m glad to hear it’s helping too! I was told to take mine twice a day, morning and night. So that’s really good to know about the mild energy boost!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RicoBandito For This Useful Post:

Buizel (02-11-2024),♥ Novaray ♥ (02-12-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    When I was younger, I was proscribed prozac for depression. I'm just going to say that I know everyone has different experiences with different medications, but it did not help me at all. It made me extremely suicidal and whenever I would try to bring up to my psych during that time that it was making things worse, they just kept up-ing it.
    It finally took me losing it one night for them to pull me off it.

Awhile later I was put on lamictal for anxiety. It screwed up my stomach really bad, but its a more gentle medication.
    I'm not on anything now. But I recommend just letting your psych know the moment you don't feel okay.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    29/0
    Mentioned
    81 times
    Time Online
    19d 3h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Setraline, but agree it isn't that strong. I was on 150mg, now on 100mg and feel no difference between the doses. It stops me from having a racing heart randomly when driving or sleeping but anxiety is still there, its just kind of dull if that makes sense.
    Now clonazepam is great for those moments that are toeing the line of panic attacks, but I found out first hand why you don't mix alcohol and medication. Safe to say I no longer drink at all.
    ryu userbar by Lyrichord, art by DankRUSE | mercat userbar by Munna

15. The Following User Says Thank You to rio For This Useful Post:

♥ Novaray ♥ (02-12-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    I'm on enough medication to choke a horse. Xanax is perfect for emergency situations, at least for me. And then my other stuff kinda combats the big ol' combo of mental health problems that I have. I've been taking Lamotrigine for years, Buproprion for a bit, trying something called Xylar now? Unfortunately I also take a stimulant for my ADHD, which actually makes my anxiety worse. Funny how those things go!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

♥ Novaray ♥ (02-12-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    7d 1h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    52m
    I am on 40mg of Lexapro daily and it has both changed and saved my life. I've been prescribed benzos (Valium specifically) when things are reaaaally bad, but my gp knows I have an addictive personality and a strong addiction streak in my family, so I don't get them often. I have a sticker on my lunchbox that says "live, laugh, lexapro" and one in my office that says "I think therefore Escitalopram". I would not be as functioning as I am without these incredible meds. I was worried they would zombify me, because I experience emotions VERY deeply. And truthfully, they numb my highs a little bit. But they also massively soften my lows. I don't have bipolar or mania, just a person with a lot of feels lol. But I'm so grateful for them and would happily stay on them the rest of my life if I have to.
    Last edited by Halloqueenie; 02-12-2024 at 01:35 AM. Reason: hit send too early oop

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Halloqueenie For This Useful Post:

♥ Novaray ♥ (02-12-2024),RicoBandito (02-12-2024)