DL/UL
    30/0
    Mentioned
    1,998 times
    Time Online
    437d 22h 14m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 29m
    I think it's just easier for some people to go ghost and cut people out than put the effort in to make that connection work. Everyone is different though so I can't say what everyones reasons are. I try not to ghost anybody because I know how it feels. This relates mostly to job hunting whenever I'm on the hunt because there's always a lot of back and forth. Sometimes a recruiter will just go ghost and I hear nothing back and assume I don't get the job. I try to never be the one doing that, mostly because I'd want the job, but also because it closes that bridge for the future.

For normal conversations outside of work, etc, sometimes it could feel like I'm ghosting somebody. Even here on ck, sometimes I don't reply to messages - usually it's because I completely forget to be honest lol. I may read it on my phone when I'm not near anything and then completely forget to go back to it when I have a moment. I also have friends who I won't talk to for awhile and I assume it's because both of us is waiting for the other to say something... and then we just keep on waiting. Or more realistically for my current friend group, we are all just crazy busy. This last year for me has flown by. Can't believe my daughter is ONE and don't know where the year went. Weeks fly by like it's nothing. I mean, shoot, we are already almost halfway through February and I feel like NYE was just yesterday. Just have to make time and put in the effort. I always say that I give the effort I get, so if it's not there, neither am I. Always have to consider the feelings of the person on the other side though, you never know what people are going through.
    What's my definition of success?
    Creating something no one else can
    Being brave enough to dream big
    Grindin' when you're told to just quit
    Giving more when you got nothin' left

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    I think ghosting is really rude and immature. I knew someone who would keep saying I was their best friend (???) but whenever I would try and talk to them it would take 5-7 business days to get back to me. It was so unfair. So I cut them out. Granted I gave her plenty of warnings which only resulted in half-hearted apologies and broken promises. Not worth my time at all

The only times I ever actually ghosted people were because they were making unwanted advances on me, and even then it was at the request of my fiance.

On dating apps, I think a lot of people are really self absorbed and feel no sympathy for ghosting someone they hardly know

So in my thoughts, people ghost because they are either self absorbed, mentally ill, or were specifically asked to
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Check out my Guide!✧・゚: *✧・゚:*