Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what are your YT/streaming genres of choice?

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    8/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    5d 13h 35m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Lately it's been aquascaping for me too! then also hoof trimming and car detailing

2. The Following User Says Thank You to k9427 For This Useful Post:

♥ Rattata ♥ (02-03-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    21 times
    Time Online
    3d 4h 6m
    Avg. Time Online
    38m
    I've been really into farming videos lately. Weedem and Reap (raising goats), Urban Rescue Ranch (animal rescue), and Goldshaw Farms (first generation farmer) are my go to videos
    /l、
    (゚、 。 7

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*Check out my Guide!✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

overthink.exe
    Pronouns
    she/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    40/0
    Mentioned
    1,166 times
    Time Online
    558d 21m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 27m
    These are all incredibly broad, but I watch a lot of media reviews/critiques/retrospectives, outdoor misadventure stories, internet/tech history/culture stuff, disability related stuff, deep dives into random niche topics, surface dives into random topics, idk a lot lmao.
    (you need an account to see links)

thanks stardust for base Thanks Sugarbee Thanks Wooloo
    Kyo (Nov 13 2020)

thanks honeycomb
    and hearts! <3
    +Zenitsu

THANK YOU FAB

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kittyray For This Useful Post:

♥ Pam ♥ (02-05-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    Mine is a weird mix. I watch a lot of car mod vlogs like Westen Champlin and JR Garage. But I also watch a lot of food vlogs, bodybuilding vlog (Will Tennyson is amazing for those interested), and then I watch airline/aircraft review vlogs. Aircrafts are my guilty pleasure interest, and I travel 3-6 times a week for work, so it's always something that's been of interest to me.

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    26/0
    Mentioned
    27 times
    Time Online
    17d 23h 9m
    Avg. Time Online
    7m
    Aah, mine is. A lot of different things.

I have some stardew videos popping up cause I recently got really into the game. Every now and then videos from a few streamers show up (vtubers, Joel, Vinny for example). Usually though it's videos about creepy stories, true crime, accidents/disasters, creepy stuff found on the internet and so on. I also have a bunch of retro computers and eletronics videos, I absolutely love watching videos of people fixing old vintage computers and the sort! I also watch a lot of those documentaries about science, stuff like chemistry and biology mostly. And then there's the old actual-cable-tv-documentaries episodes of shows I used to watch And then lastly... Ghost hunting - I don't watch a bunch of this, but there's a couple of channels I follow that are really good, used to watch the 40~60 minute videos while studying because it helped me focus on what I was reading/writing down lol

(oh, can't forget the cleaning videos; you know the powerwashing ones, the yard trimming/cleaning, ASMR rug cleaning, pipe unclogging/draining... stuff to watch when it's like 3am and i need to sleep)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by goobers View Post
    recently, the youtube algorithm decided i like watching vlogs of people, primarily women, who live in japan just living their normal/aesthetic lives. and the algorithm was RIGHT. but what genres are you watching, that maybe i have no idea about?
    @(you need an account to see links) this is a cool question! i like watch similar videos to yours! business owners in japan, india, china or even my homeland thailand and just see overall what people are up to. its fun watch long term content and listen while i neo or play with the wifey on games

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    3/0
    Mentioned
    2 times
    Time Online
    3d 9h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    35m
    For gaming I watch northernlion he smart and like to rag on his viewer base which makes me laugh.

I really, really, love The corridor crew. They do VFX artists react video but they also produce videos, analyze content, and overall have a really fun and light hearted attitude in their videos.

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    51 times
    Time Online
    17d 17h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    i think i know the type of day in life videos you are talking about! i love those. they are relaxing and sometimes i get meal ideas LOL

i also like creepy videos (stories, urban legends, stuff pulled from reddit, etc.), gaming content (mainly cozy games, some streamers, minecraft tutorials).... and sometimes i go down a rabbit hole of watching song covers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Patamon For This Useful Post:

♥ Pam ♥ (02-05-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    17/0
    Mentioned
    82 times
    Time Online
    23d 22h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    21m
    my current youtube algorithm is:
    - gaming, currently a lot of it is OfflineTV & friends content, for anyone who is familiar! also the occasional WolfeyVGC - I remember having a phase of being really into watching nuzlockes (PokemonChallenges, JaidenAnimations, and SmallAnt mainly)
    - cooking blogs/mukbangs, which mainly consists of watching Tzuyang eating an insane amount of food and wishing I could have some
    - kpop videos/performances, mainly LE SSERAFIM, Twice, and New Jeans!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    55 times
    Time Online
    24d 5h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I really love video essays and more long format videos - these have been generating a whole ton of drama (calling it drama feels dismissive even but IDK what else to call it while being concise) lately with Internet Historian and James Somerton so that's a rabbit hole I fell down into recently.
    Like others I love cozy gaming, the only streams per se I watch are of cozy games - very little chaos and calm vibes.
    When my panic disorder and anxiety were really bad during the pandemic I did watch a lot of lawn mowing and bonsai videos!
    I also watch a lot of sewing/crafting to do future projects (that I never end up actually doing)