Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Candles of cK - What Are You Burning?

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    (you need an account to see links)

i keep the "boss babe" one to light on fridays or holidays now. it was my sisters candle. something that meant nothing years ago now means the fucking world to me. its sad but i love it so much.

the other candles are just smell gooders.

thanks for posting! now i can see the companies i should look into for candles!
    Writing on a Pokemon card is incredible haha

2. The Following User Says Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (01-25-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    Quote Originally Posted by caviar View Post
    Writing on a Pokemon card is incredible haha
    oh it aint no big thing!! do you have extras you dont use?

also what is a good company for birthday cake flavor?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

caviar (01-26-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 30m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Excalibur View Post
    oh it aint no big thing!! do you have extras you dont use?

also what is a good company for birthday cake flavor?
    Bake Shoppe was from TJ Maxx, scent's kinda subtle tbh. I also have a vanilla cupcake from Yankee Candle that I've yet to use.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to caviar For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (01-26-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 17m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    i do like yankee! i also like to find wood wicks too from meijer. thanks for the assist!

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    It has to be soy or coconut wax. Not sure if anyone knows this or really cares, but paraffin wax (as used in Yankee candle) is bad to breathe for you and your pets.

Preferably scents that smell like men's cologne. (fir, sage, eucalyptus)
    I'm sorry but the sugar cookie blue waffle cone candles make me sick lol.

Tk maxx/ or tjmaxx/homegoods has huge 24oz candles for around 15$

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Baklava View Post
    It has to be soy or coconut wax. Not sure if anyone knows this or really cares, but paraffin wax (as used in Yankee candle) is bad to breathe for you and your pets.

Preferably scents that smell like men's cologne. (fir, sage, eucalyptus)
    I'm sorry but the sugar cookie blue waffle cone candles make me sick lol.

Tk maxx/ or tjmaxx/homegoods has huge 24oz candles for around 15$
    You know what else is bad for you? Ingesting seed oils, which are in almost everything you can get in the market/restaurants. What else? Food coloring. Or how about plastic receptacles? Sunblock? Literally most things you buy for you or your family is bad for you.

And don't even get me started with dogs. The majority of kibbles on the market are so bad for dogs it's not even funny (like, seriously it's so unfunny). Kibble itself is bad for dogs. Does that stop people? Nope.

And oftentimes I don't even blame them. You know why? It's really hard and really expensive in most cases to only buy things that are good for you and your family/pets. So let people have their comfort things that make them happy.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    92/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    83d 19h 7m
    Avg. Time Online
    37m
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmander View Post
    To roll off of what @(you need an account to see links) said, my go to candle is Teakwood Maghogany by White Barn from Bath and Body Works. I also get this same scent for my foaming soaps and Car air freshner packs!

It's a slight addiction.....look out when there is a 3 wick candle sale!!!

I would take a picture if I wasn't being cuddle assaulted by my cat.
    This reminds me of when I sniffed your soap when I visited you a few months ago 😂 and I was like HEY @(you need an account to see links) IS HERE 😂😭😂

Anyways to stay on topic… I like the more “masculine” scented candles. Sandalwood is one of my favourite scents for sure! Loveeeee goin to homesense and smelling every single candle on the shelf. It’s free therapy.

(you need an account to see links)

Art Credits:
    issa poot/bffs/be evil by my bb (you need an account to see links)
    custom popsicle userbar: (you need an account to see links)
    custom cinnamoroll ub: (you need an account to see links)
    cinna ryu sprite: (you need an account to see links)
    custom SDV pfp: (you need an account to see links)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnamoroll For This Useful Post:

Teakwood (01-28-2024)

Pronouns
    🫎🦫🍁🏒 she
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    78/0
    Mentioned
    710 times
    Time Online
    157d 10h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 28m
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamoroll View Post
    This reminds me of when I sniffed your soap when I visited you a few months ago 😂 and I was like HEY @(you need an account to see links) IS HERE 😂😭😂

Anyways to stay on topic… I like the more “masculine” scented candles. Sandalwood is one of my favourite scents for sure! Loveeeee goin to homesense and smelling every single candle on the shelf. It’s free therapy.
    Hahaha that's true! Teak is always in my home in spiritual scent haha! I also have a Bergemont soap right now which is also quite masculine. You'd like that one too.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    4 times
    Time Online
    1d 3h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    1m
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    You know what else is bad for you? Ingesting seed oils, which are in almost everything you can get in the market/restaurants. What else? Food coloring. Or how about plastic receptacles? Sunblock? Literally most things you buy for you or your family is bad for you.

And don't even get me started with dogs. The majority of kibbles on the market are so bad for dogs it's not even funny (like, seriously it's so unfunny). Kibble itself is bad for dogs. Does that stop people? Nope.

And oftentimes I don't even blame them. You know why? It's really hard and really expensive in most cases to only buy things that are good for you and your family/pets. So let people have their comfort things that make them happy.
    Is this..a normal response? lmao Did i hit some kind of nerve here on a candle thread? Since we're talking about candles, I thought there would be some other nerds in here.
    The OP asked the community and i gave my personal preference. You just keep on buying whatever you want. Perhaps it's the teacher in me but, some people genuinely don't know about waxes... I myself didn't until a few years ago.
    As far as cat kibble, i've tried to give my cat SEVERAL brands of wet food and she just doesn't like it. So kibble it is. Do you want me to make homemade cat food? Now, if you wanna talk about cost, that's cost. But a 14$ candle that can last 2-4weeks is acceptable to me. Coconut wax is expensive, but soy not so much.
    Most candles i find aren't even that expensive at discount stores.
    Just because tons of things are bad for me doesn't mean i personally want to add another to that list.
    Last edited by Baklava; 01-28-2024 at 05:26 PM.

Pronouns
    lmao who cares
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    5/0
    Mentioned
    66 times
    Time Online
    23d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    Quote Originally Posted by Baklava View Post
    Is this..a normal response? lmao Did i hit some kind of nerve here on a candle thread? Since we're talking about candles, I thought there would be some other nerds in here.
    The OP asked the community and i gave my personal preference. You just keep on buying whatever you want. Perhaps it's the teacher in me but, some people genuinely don't know about waxes... I myself didn't until a few years ago.
    As far as cat kibble, i've tried to give my cat SEVERAL brands of wet food and she just doesn't like it. So kibble it is. Do you want me to make homemade cat food? Now, if you wanna talk about cost, that's cost. But a 14$ candle that can last 2-4weeks is acceptable to me. Coconut wax is expensive, but soy not so much.
    Most candles i find aren't even that expensive at discount stores.
    Just because tons of things are bad for me doesn't mean i personally want to add another to that list.
    I'm not going to go off-topic with an argument here. This wasn't only directed at you but by the first person to respond also saying candles are bad. It's not necessary to say that on a thread meant to share happiness about candles.

If you want to argue about cat kibble feel free to message, but you probably won't like what I'll have to say about that. I'm sure you know your cat is an obligate carnivore and also literally requires moisture in its diet which kibble completely lacks.

^^ Thanks to Menine for the icon & Gremlin for this userbar!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Crow For This Useful Post:

caviar (02-04-2024)