Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your honest opinion about the last games?

Pronouns
    he
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    44/0
    Mentioned
    10 times
    Time Online
    135d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 30m

What's your honest opinion about the last games?

I personally enjoyed the last games. The graphics sucks almost all the time but characters (specially in Scarlet/Violet) are enjoyable and lovely. What do you think? I'd like to read your opinions

Signature edited by Polarchuk

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    I think what they wanted to do was give everyone the open world that people have been asking for, but I don't think that the switch is powerful enough to handle what they are trying to put out there currently.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Swablu For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-17-2024)

Pronouns
    ⚔️
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    257 times
    Time Online
    29d 22h 18m
    Avg. Time Online
    10m
    My love for the pokemon games stem from gen 1-4 i slowed down from there greatly.

the new game is great.

however the fact they couldnt do voiceovers, a full pokedex upon release, waiting for updates when again shouldve been on release it just seemed halfed assed.

if nintendo just stopped trying to keep these games on prehistoric devices wed all get the zelda we actually wanted or the pokemon free range wed actually wanted.

good game, good fixes but still lazy company just getting our money. 7.5/10

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Excalibur For This Useful Post:

Cinnamoroll (01-17-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    15d 23h 57m
    Avg. Time Online
    45m
    I think their core ideas are generally really good. Character designs, gameplay, writing etc.. it's the execution that really lets it down. Glitches in S/V make me never want to open another raid den again. Legends Arceus is one of my favourite pokemon games now but even I have to admit the game environment is UGLY looking. Sun and Moon had its own pacing issues with the story. I put off buying sw/sh for so long because it just looked half baked. I liked the game enough but you put it down wishing it could be just a little more. They put so much effort into new gimicks and non functional designs when I wish they would just go back and perfect the stuff that failed in their old engine. I imagine we will still be dealing with the switch for at least another year, I really hope they can make an attempt at perfecting something on this hardware this year.
    As an aside, I wish they would go back to trying a pixel sprite game again. BW2 was amazing.

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I think it's great that they finally have the open world aspect, and visible pokemon in the wild, it's what most of us have always wanted all along. I think they should integrate the Legend's catching mechanic and that bit will be perfect.

As for the game. I think they;ve completely moved away from the story aspect to the exploration aspect and the story is now just something that happens in the background to have levelling up locks in place. I'd love to see Team Rocket or some other team make a come back, give it the old school good vs evil story back.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Raposa (01-22-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    61/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    28d 9h 45m
    Avg. Time Online
    9m
    Not my cup of tea sadly...
    I started them and did not complete. The most fun I had with Legends Arceus.
    But maybe I am not the target group anymore, because my daughters 15 and 13 yo have so much fun with their Sword/Shield and Scarlet/Violet. And that's okay.
    I currently play my Heartgold right now and having a blast.

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    They were the last main title games that I've actually completed since Black & White. Running around on a giant lizard was fun. But. Id it's not quite there. I couldn't be bothered with the post game. I think they're on the right track though, I got some hopes for the next one.

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    I haven't started Scarlet/Violet but have a copy of Violet and intend to get around to it at some point. I've heard really mixed things from irl friends--great ideas, poor execution especially considering the system limitations.

I played Legends Arceus and had the most fun on it I've possibly ever had in a Pokemon game, adjusting for the fact that I played it at the age of 35 vs the age of 12 like I was when Silver came out.

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

Pronouns
    any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    97/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    19d 4h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I consider myself a pretty serious Pokémon fan. It's one of those things that I liken to an old armchair that you'll settle into after a long and grueling day. I have completed dexes and trainer cards in almost every game, maxed out multiple timers, I do full odds hunts and Oak's Challenge runs, the works. But something about Scarlet and Violet fails to carry that same magic for me. I haven't finished any of the dexes, haven't bought up all the clothes like I usually do. Haven't shiny hunted at all... I haven't even started the second part of the DLC.

It's such a shame. I even gave the usual treatment to BDSP, so why haven't I kept that same momentum here too? It's a shame, I don't even think these games were THAT bad.

Pronouns
    they/he
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    Never
    Time Online
    23h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    11m
    gen 1-4 will always be my favorites, i just dont like the "high" graphics of the newer games at all... the storylines are fine i just wish theyd go back to pixelly games x3