DL/UL
    34/1
    Mentioned
    1,769 times
    Time Online
    644d 1h 41m
    Avg. Time Online
    3h 41m
    I wouldn't be opposed to another community event, but I'm not sure if we have the same draw as we did back when Fabulous hosted originally. If it was big and spectacular with lots of custom graphics and stuff, then maybe we'd get some attention.

I have a bunch of quality of life updates in the Ryugotchis that I've been meaning to push, a few in-game mechanics that I've left turned off because of insensitive timing, and a few new Ryugotchi designs that have been collecting dust. I need to finish drawing the userbar animations for additional rewards as well. I have lots of stuff piling up.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Bat For This Useful Post:

Aero (01-10-2024),Ariealle (01-10-2024),Cinnamoroll (01-11-2024),DarkSkies (01-11-2024),Excalibur (01-11-2024),Guil (01-10-2024),kittyray (01-10-2024),phantasia (01-10-2024),♥ Shinx ♥ (01-10-2024),Slowpoke (01-13-2024),Styx (01-10-2024),Zenitsu (01-10-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I feel as though that would be a bit grating to watch as it clunks along at a whopping 2 fps.
    you right you right

Thanks to Houndoom for the Shinx drawing!
    Thanks to Great White North for the Shinx Ryu!
    Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinx For This Useful Post:

Bat (01-10-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    I wouldn't be opposed to another community event, but I'm not sure if we have the same draw as we did back when Fabulous hosted originally. If it was big and spectacular with lots of custom graphics and stuff, then maybe we'd get some attention.

I have a bunch of quality of life updates in the Ryugotchis that I've been meaning to push, a few in-game mechanics that I've left turned off because of insensitive timing, and a few new Ryugotchi designs that have been collecting dust. I need to finish drawing the userbar animations for additional rewards as well. I have lots of stuff piling up.
    Maybe we should do it over the June/July holiday period to get a better draw or easter time? I am willing to help how ever you need me

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    47/0
    Mentioned
    392 times
    Time Online
    163d 21h 3m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    I had tremendous fun making the rose garden background way back in the olden days when Ryus were very new. It felt almost like being a kid and coloring again, painstakingly editing individual pixels!

Running a competition/event requires a lot of legwork and it can be super disappointing if you don't get the participation you want. May be worth running a sort of fishing for interest type poll. Then whatever participation you get people saying they'll contribute, cut that by about half, because people fall out over the duration, have real life things come up, or don't find the process as fun as they thought it would be when they started.

graphics by Flordibel & Menine <3

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PrettySarcastic For This Useful Post:

Alister (01-11-2024),Bat (01-10-2024),Cinnamoroll (01-11-2024),DarkSkies (01-11-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    46/0
    Mentioned
    687 times
    Time Online
    216d 43m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 33m
    I'd be stoked to have a new background contest! I have getting better at pixel art on my 2024 resolution list, and this seems like the perfect application.

Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    Maybe we should do it over the June/July holiday period to get a better draw or easter time? I am willing to help how ever you need me
    I think the issue with June/July has typically been that's the Altador Cup and the aftermath? It's also prime vacation time in the States.

Thank you @(you need an account to see links) for the Rose Garden scene! It's one of my favorites!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lyrichord For This Useful Post:

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    For context, here are the color transition keys and in-betweens from the Repsational userbar, but slowed to the animation speed of the Ryugotchi userbar:

And here are just the color transition keys:

One takes about 1:20 to complete, and the other is close to triggering an epilepsy. The animation steps for the Ryugotchi userbar don't allow for smooth action, but that's by design.
    Ok not gonna lie I didn't realise how the Ryu bars worked speed wise etc but this makes sense
    I will suggest static things going forward haha

Thanks to Houndoom for the Shinx drawing!
    Thanks to Great White North for the Shinx Ryu!
    Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    From personal experience, animated Ryu backgrounds cannot be a thing. It'll be too much, too slow, and the Ryu will definitely get lost in all that action like @(you need an account to see links) said.

But I'd be down for another contest, or help host it or whatever help would be required!

Just checking, would people be interested in a tutorial to make custom Ryu's or Ryu backgrounds in the simplest way?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (01-11-2024),kittyray (01-11-2024),Lyrichord (01-11-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    96/0
    Mentioned
    383 times
    Time Online
    89d 46m
    Avg. Time Online
    39m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    From personal experience, animated Ryu backgrounds cannot be a thing. It'll be too much, too slow, and the Ryu will definitely get lost in all that action like @(you need an account to see links) said.

But I'd be down for another contest, or help host it or whatever help would be required!

Just checking, would people be interested in a tutorial to make custom Ryu's or Ryu backgrounds in the simplest way?
    I would be interested yes. Not only that but also how to do your own custom userbars and avatars in a simple way

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phantasia For This Useful Post:

DarkSkies (01-11-2024),Infected (01-11-2024)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 12h 10m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m

Is one of them a synthesizer for a pet?

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Alister (01-11-2024),kittyray (01-11-2024)

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    420 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    I'm not sure if I'd be able to do this considering I'm terrible with digital drawing but I def would love a newbie guide about userbar/scenes design, always something new to learn about

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3