33/0
    Mentioned
    331 times
    Time Online
    126d 14h 36m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 15m
    Quote Originally Posted by Skysoar View Post
    It might be hard for Nintendo to prove that Palworld actually stole their models since they look just different enough to not be called a blatant rip-off (most of them at least.) And the gameplay is quite different as well which helps their case. But I've been playing it for a few days now and I've been loving it, I've always wanted a BOTW-style Pokemon game and this is the best there is at the moment
    Did you happen to play Legends Arceus? I lovedddd it and have been thinking of giving Palworld a go. If you played P:LA and still think Palworld is superior for an open world monster collecting game I may have to cave and let this be the catalyst to me finally getting a PS5

sea serpent ryu by GWN | star gazing ub GreyFaerie | serpent scales ub by Infected | avatar by Dita
    consolidation of all four beauties by Lyrichord
    better quality images on petpage in spoilers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alister For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (01-29-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    22 times
    Time Online
    85d 3h 56m
    Avg. Time Online
    56m
    Quote Originally Posted by Alister View Post
    Did you happen to play Legends Arceus? I lovedddd it and have been thinking of giving Palworld a go. If you played P:LA and still think Palworld is superior for an open world monster collecting game I may have to cave and let this be the catalyst to me finally getting a PS5
    Legends Arceus is probs my favorite Pokemon game of all time haha. Parts of it is similar such as the overworld (Pals just walk around doing their own thing, you can just throw balls at them, and they might even attack you), and there are even improvements such as being able to ride your own Pals (if they're ride-able) instead of only having Wyrdeer, etc. You can also fight on the back of your Pal which is pretty cool too. But the rest of the game is completely different, progression is similar to ARK, and there's also some base management in there too.

Overall, I wouldn't call Palworld superior to PLA since they're fundamentally different games, and Palworld is still in early access so they have a long way to go. But, Palworld scratches the "Explore and catch Pokemon in the overworld" itch more than SV ever could.

Palworld is also not on PS5, only Steam & Xbox atm. People are speculating that it'll release on PS5 eventually, but there's no date yet.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Substitute For This Useful Post:

Alister (01-29-2024),Excalibur (01-29-2024),♥ Munna ♥ (01-29-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    12/0
    Mentioned
    17 times
    Time Online
    16d 5h 49m
    Avg. Time Online
    32m
    I remember seeing the very first trailer and thinking this game was never coming out lol...
    I've had a lot of fun with it so far! Haven't tried multiplayer yet, but I think I'd prefer single player regardless. Really excited to see how the game expands as well over time.

art by ♥ Wooloo ♥

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ashimari For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (01-29-2024)