39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m

[GUIDE] Faerie Bubbles Game Guide

Hello! My name is Caitlyn and welcome to my Faerie Bubbles Guide! I originally made this guide back in 2016, but I think it has disappeared since then. So I decided to revamp, rewrite, and repost this in case anyone is still interested in going for this avatar!
    Faerie Bubbles has always been one of my best games on Neo, and now I'm just about always able to get the avatar score really easily (and legit too!)
    Granted, there was a time where I wasn't very good at the game, but as they say, practice makes perfect.
    After looking up various guides throughout my time and trying out different playstyles and different ways to go about it, I finally managed to come up with a way to get that elusive avatar (which may I add, is one of my favorites even to this day.)
    I hope it helps!

------------------

Bubbles & Combos

(you need an account to see links)

Three bubbles of the same color clears those bubbles.
    When making combos (meaning four or more bubbles), take note that there are three good combos (Water, Fire, and Light), and three bad combos (Earth, Dark, and Air).

Water
    All of the water bubbles on that level disappear.

Fire
    All of the bubbles (except for water) that are touching those fire bubbles are burned away and disappear.

Light
    All of the bubbles that are touching the combo are changed into a single random color. This can also be considered a "chaotic" combo, since you don't know what color the bubbles will turn into.

Earth
    An entire new line of bubbles (random colors) is formed at the top of the screen.

Dark
    All of the dark bubbles end up turning into random colors.

Air
    When you make an air combo(which try not to), WHEREVER there is an open gap on that same line or above the combo, new bubbles will appear there. But, if you end up making a line that is just air bubbles that has no gaps, the entire line will disappear.

Nova
    The Nova bubbles clears/pops anything that it touches and that's around it. This comes in handy when you have a large clump of bubbles that you really want/need to get rid of! (Especially in later levels.)

Rainbow
    The Rainbow bubble turns into the color of the bubble that it comes in contact with.

------------------

Cheats:

Like most games on Neo, Faerie Bubbles has cheat codes. Each of these codes though can only be used once per game. Try not to use them earlier than you need to level wise, or else you might be in trouble later on in the game.
    "Bubbles": This turns all of the bubbles in the game into one single color. The color though is completely random. (The only color that you don't want to get with this is the Dark Faerie [purple] color combination.)
    "Slumberberry": This code makes your bubbles go back to the top of the screen. Try to save this for towards the end of your game.
    "Faerieland": This code gives you a rainbow bubble.
    "Stardust": This code gives you a nova bubble.

------------------

A Good Thing To Know: If you need to aim straight up for whatever reason, simply press the up key on your keyboard and your cannon resets to being able to shoot upwards.

Another Good Thing To Know: Faerie Bubbles only consists of 20 levels. In order to get the avatar, you only have to pass level 19 with a score of 1750+ (but worry not, if you are a little below that when you hit level 20 you can always try to rack points up in the level). Just because you got past level 19, you automatically earn yourself a wonderful 250 points, which when added to the 1750+ that you've earned from the first 19 level, it equals out to over 2000, which is of course, the avatar score! Yay!

------------------

Levels

Level 1:
    This is the easiest level out of the whole game. I highly recommend restarting the game until the top line of bubbles only consists of good bubbles (Fire, Water, or Light). This will not only end up saving you a lot of time, but also a lot shots/turns.
    Just remember, the less shots you use per level, the more bonus points you will earn at the end of that level. (Clearing the board in one shot is a bonus of 250 points!)

Level 2:
    Usually, the top center line of bubbles are good bubbles. Try to clear the top center line of bubbles and then clear the two groups of bubbles besides it. If you end up having a water combo, just clear the water combo, which is only going to be one shot. Once you've done that all you need to do is get rid of the remaining two bubbles.

Level 3:
    Try to shoot as minimum as possible during this level. If the two big (4 or more) combos are the light combos, and you see that you can get rid of the two other bubble colors in the top row first, I personally try to do that. That way you aren't trying to get those color bubbles if your next bubble in your cannon matches up to them. Try to play this level safe because it can be a hit or miss with the amount of turns that you use.

More turns = less bonus points at the end of the level.

Level 4:
    Now if you've noticed, levels 2, 3, and 4 are all the same type of pattern, just laid out differently and obviously with different colored bubbles.
    Just about every single time I get to this level, my top center combo row are those dark faerie bubbles. But underneath I'm usually lucky enough to have some fire bubbles. What I always tend to do in this level is to try to make a straight row of the fire faerie bubbles. (Remember, fire combos burn everything that they touch.)

Level 5:
    The usual combination of this level are Earth bubbles, Fire bubbles, Water bubbles, Light bubbles. I try to clear the earth bubbles first that way I don't have to worry about using extra turns to clear them if I get the fire combo first.
    Once you've done that, the remaining three sets are easy to get rid of.

Level 6:
    Do not make any combos in this level. Just shoot the pairs and make them drop. If you get a duplicate bubble that you no longer need, try to place it under a pair so that way when you get that pair to fall, the extra bubble will go down with it.

Level 7:
    This level is pretty much the exact same thing as level 6. Just the sets are facing the opposite direction.

Level 8:
    This level isn't that hard if you get all of the good combos on the board.
    This level normally has water, light, dark, and fire bubbles. The first thing you should do on this level is to clear the waters.
    Depending on what your next bubble is in your cannon, I usually get rid of the two center fire bubbles next unless you have a light bubble in your cannon. Then what you would need to do is set off the light combination which will end up turning the dark bubbles into a different color. If you still have those center fire bubbles, and the dark combination turns into fire bubbles, set off the fire combination and you'll clear off the remaining dark bubbles. Then just clear off the remaining corner bubble if you haven't already!

Level 9:
    This is one of the easier levels, because everything is already in pairs except for two bubbles on the middle line. If you have good aim, you should be able to clear this level very easily.

Level 10:
    Normally with this level I always tend to get two fire combinations and a light combination. Occasionally this isn't the case. But this level is the basically the same as level 8. Use the good combinations to get rid of the bad combinations. If you have fire bubbles, use those first because the light bubbles can turn into any color.

Level 11:
    This level is similar to the previous one. Just remember to use the good combos to get rid of the bad combos first. Otherwise this level should be a piece of cake.

Level 12:
    Just get rid of each row of bubbles consecutively. This shouldn't be too difficult if you have all lines of good bubbles.
    Don't worry if you have a line full of air bubbles in this level, they will all fall off.

Level 13:
    This is basically the same exact thing as level 12, except for the odd bubble in the middle of the top row. Just do what you did for the previous level, and then clear the remaining bubble. (Unless your second row is all light bubbles, then you�re set.)

Level 14:
    At the beginning of the level, type 'stardust' and aim the nova bubble to the right side of the screen, some people prefer to get rid of the whole half but I never manage to do that and I find that doing it this way is easier.

Level 15:
    This level is usually just a one shot level. At the beginning of the level, use the �bubbles� cheat, which will turn all of the bubbles into a single color. Then, to finish the level in one shot, type in the �faerieland� cheat and make your shot. (The only way this level ever backfires is if all of the bubbles turn into dark bubbles. But this has rarely happened to me. But I�m still giving you the heads up.)

Level 16:
    Try to clear the bubbles on the top of the screen first (in the first two rows), that way the rest of them just fall right off.

Level 17:
    This level is a little bit like level 16, but harder. Be careful with your aim, because of this level you're going to be trying to be shooting in between the rows to make matches for some of them. Be careful with that though, because sometimes the bubble will shoot straight up to the top (this has happened to me more than once) The best thing to remember about this level is your aiming, because it's important here.
    Try not to use the "slumberberry" cheat here, because you're going to need it for level 19.

Level 18:
    This level is all about aim.
    You need to point your cannon over to the right and try to angle it so the bubble can bounce off the wall and hit the top (or second, depending on what you have) row. If you can angle it correctly and clear the top row, you basically just made that extra 250 points (plus whatever other points this level) for clearing the level.

Level 19:
    Hopefully you still have your "slumberberry" cheat saved for this level. If you do, then you don't have too much to worry about.
    I try to clear the pair of bubbles right in the middle first, and then aim up higher on the sides to knock all of the other bubbles down. Then just clear the center cluster and you're good!
    Take your time on this level though, because if you don't have your "slumberberry" cheat, you might not be able to pass this level.

Level 20:
    If you've made it to this point, then you've pretty much gotten the avatar! Yay! If you don't have a score of 1750+, see what you can get done on this level in order to boost up your score.
    Don't forget you get an extra 250 points just for making it here.

------------------

Enjoy your new avatar!

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Swablu For This Useful Post:

Ariealle (01-12-2024),Charmander (01-13-2024),Cinnamoroll (01-28-2024),♥ Este ♥ (01-12-2024),♥ GreyFaerie ♥ (01-12-2024),Infected (01-13-2024),infestedvirus (01-12-2024),Maia (02-13-2024),Nyu (02-04-2024),Peaches_and_Mocha (01-13-2024),Pepper-Mint (01-12-2024),pikyuu (01-16-2024),Totodile (01-13-2024),xCarRadio (01-13-2024),Zenitsu (01-12-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    10/0
    Mentioned
    20 times
    Time Online
    7d 4h 33m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 12m
    Oooh! One of the best games out there as well! Nice guide .
    I might as well play this game again now. Its been a long time.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to infestedvirus For This Useful Post:

Swablu (01-12-2024)

Pronouns
    He/Him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    5 times
    Time Online
    4d 17h 55m
    Avg. Time Online
    8m
    I struggle a lot with aiming the cannon itself without accidentally sticking bubbles, is there any tip or trick to it or is that one of those "you just learn it the more you play it"?
    Thank you for this guide though! I got a few levels further so far with it.

이 끝에 우린 여기서
    지금 모습으로
    무엇이 돼야 한다면

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pepper-Mint For This Useful Post:

Swablu (01-12-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper-Mint View Post
    I struggle a lot with aiming the cannon itself without accidentally sticking bubbles, is there any tip or trick to it or is that one of those "you just learn it the more you play it"?
    Thank you for this guide though! I got a few levels further so far with it.
    For me, it was more "you learn the more you play". Maybe try tapping the arrow keys instead of pressing? That's helped me in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by infestedvirus View Post
    Oooh! One of the best games out there as well! Nice guide .
    I might as well play this game again now. Its been a long time.
    Thank you!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swablu For This Useful Post:

infestedvirus (01-13-2024),Pepper-Mint (01-12-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 2h 51m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I used to love this game! This is a great guide for people still looking for the avatar. I tried playing it recently but the controls seem to be a bit too sensitive for me even with the slightest of touches.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Swablu (01-13-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    4/0
    Mentioned
    7 times
    Time Online
    1d 18h 19m
    Avg. Time Online
    2m
    thank you for the guide! for some reason this is one of those avatars i simply cannot get. it's been slipping through my fingers for years, but i might give it another go soon!

userbar & stack credit — (you need an account to see links)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Este For This Useful Post:

Swablu (01-13-2024)

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    I used to love this game! This is a great guide for people still looking for the avatar. I tried playing it recently but the controls seem to be a bit too sensitive for me even with the slightest of touches.
    I used to struggle a lot with this game back in the day and it took me personally a lot of practice just getting used to the controls and how each level is just supposed to play out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Este View Post
    thank you for the guide! for some reason this is one of those avatars i simply cannot get. it's been slipping through my fingers for years, but i might give it another go soon!
    You're welcome! Good luck and happy popping!

Pronouns
    🦕☄️🌃
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    7/0
    Mentioned
    162 times
    Time Online
    59d 1h 34m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 23m
    My dad is amazing at these kind of games but me? No hecking way aha

I'll have to pick it up again and use this guide! That gorgeous avatar still eludes me!

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Quote Originally Posted by Totodile View Post
    My dad is amazing at these kind of games but me? No hecking way aha

I'll have to pick it up again and use this guide! That gorgeous avatar still eludes me!
    I wish you nothing but luck! Even after all these years, this avatar is still one of my favorites.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m