50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m

Future Games

It's 2024 and Pokemon day is a month and a few days away! What new game would you like to see? Pokemon Let's Go Johto? Legends Johto? Black and White remake or possible Black and White 3?

I know it's a ripe rumor season and there are some....interesting posts on 4chan regarding the next games. There is nothing actually proven except that ILCA is helping on a Pokemon title (eek!!?)
    Personally, I would like Black and White remakes toward the end of this year, Legends Johto early 2025 and Generation 10 in late 2025.

As for improvements add in shiny sounds if the game is open world. And of course the usual request of a smoother game. Who knows, maybe the Switch 2 will save us a bit on the lag part. I'm interested on reading thoughts from the community. What would you like to see?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Excalibur (01-08-2024)

Pronouns
    she/her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    174 times
    Time Online
    41d 11h 37m
    Avg. Time Online
    15m
    i would absolutely love to see more legends games, i feel like after pokemon legends arceus its harder for me to the regular games i just loved the style so much

custom userbars by @lyrichord (argyle) and @charmander (guilmon ryu)! thank you so much!

"My name isn't Rob, but I'm Robbing"
    -Thieves 2020

@guil and @delibird

userbar by @charmander and art by @dankruse !

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Guil For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-05-2024),♥ Rattata ♥ (01-05-2024),Styx (01-06-2024)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    my dream game: (A tall ask but it's all I want in a pokemon game, it will never happen but why not fantasize for fun?)
    stadium 3 with all pokemon up to gen 9. With DLC later on to allow future gens instead of stadium 4 right awa.
    where we can bring in our mons from home/our saves stored on switch like we could with the GB/GBC games with the transfer pak on 1 and 2 on 64
    but still have rentals too.
    so many mini games that it's unreal, with new ones arriving with any future DLC.
    Online functionality
    Online doubles/triples team battles. (And computer players for offline functionality)
    Gym leader towers for all generations
    a story type mode like coliseum had
    The pokemon academy like generation 2 had but it explains all modern features from all games
    Megas return with all new ones unique to the game (yeah I WISH lmao)
    A mechanic similar to camping in gen 8 where you can feed/play with your Pokemon by earning things in mini games for this mode.
    Fully 3D pokedex that you can fill by importing mons from home/your games

yeah I have way way too high expectations but you know.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    (you need an account to see links)
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-05-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Synth Salazzle View Post
    my dream game: (A tall ask but it's all I want in a pokemon game, it will never happen but why not fantasize for fun?)
    stadium 3 with all pokemon up to gen 9. With DLC later on to allow future gens instead of stadium 4 right awa.
    where we can bring in our mons from home/our saves stored on switch like we could with the GB/GBC games with the transfer pak on 1 and 2 on 64
    but still have rentals too.
    so many mini games that it's unreal, with new ones arriving with any future DLC.
    Online functionality
    Online doubles/triples team battles. (And computer players for offline functionality)
    Gym leader towers for all generations
    a story type mode like coliseum had
    The pokemon academy like generation 2 had but it explains all modern features from all games
    Megas return with all new ones unique to the game (yeah I WISH lmao)
    A mechanic similar to camping in gen 8 where you can feed/play with your Pokemon by earning things in mini games for this mode.
    Fully 3D pokedex that you can fill by importing mons from home/your games

yeah I have way way too high expectations but you know.
    WOAH haha damn I really like a lot of your ideas. Now that I think about it, I really miss megas but terastallizing did wonders for battling. Are all of these ideas for stadium? I've actually never played it so I'm clueless on how it worked. But I would definitely play the stadium version you have envisioned. I seriously wish gamefreak would hire you

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alcremie For This Useful Post:

Synth Salazzle (01-05-2024)

Pronouns
    Any
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    15/0
    Mentioned
    196 times
    Time Online
    76d 11h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    42m
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracarys View Post
    WOAH haha damn I really like a lot of your ideas. Now that I think about it, I really miss megas but terastallizing did wonders for battling. Are all of these ideas for stadium? I've actually never played it so I'm clueless on how it worked. But I would definitely play the stadium version you have envisioned. I seriously wish gamefreak would hire you
    all of those ideas are for the same stadium game yeah.
    And gamefreak would never hire me. I'm too insane and unstable to work for a corporation unfortunately.
    But if I ever get hired for a fan project I'll hit you guys up with it.
    fingers crossed that we have a stadium 2 romhack project one day due to multiple N64 source codes getting leaked.

userbar: Charmander

Roland SP-55 by: Honeycomb
    My contributions:
    by: hearts
    Ryu art by dankRUSE

Chegg

by: Rattata

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Synth Salazzle For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-06-2024),Slowpoke (01-05-2024)

Pronouns
    he/they
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    2/0
    Mentioned
    43 times
    Time Online
    16d 16h 47m
    Avg. Time Online
    12m
    I loved legends arceus and i am ready for more legends games

just running around hucking mud at pokemon. any pokemon. i dont care the region. give me the time travel isekai

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rattata For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-06-2024),Styx (01-06-2024)

Pronouns
    he/him
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    1/0
    Mentioned
    184 times
    Time Online
    44d 4h 5m
    Avg. Time Online
    16m
    I'd do anything for a full fledged gen 2 remake, but we'll most likely end up getting a Let's Go version.. I think your roadmap looks along the lines of what they do now, a legends version, a Let's go or soft remake like BDSP, and then a new gen which will be a full main series game.

As for features, the Legends catching/pokeball throwing feature is what I always dreamed a Pokemon game should be since I was a child so that will definitely be awesome to see it come back. Although the main series games are moving in the perfect direction, with overworld pokemon encounters, I wouldn't change much.

Maybe a more engaging story line, bring back the evil teams like Team Rocket or Aqua/Magma, and have the old school storylines again. That was so much fun as opposed to this school stuff.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Infected For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-06-2024)

Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    50/0
    Mentioned
    74 times
    Time Online
    93d 2h 27m
    Avg. Time Online
    1h 6m
    Quote Originally Posted by Infected View Post
    I'd do anything for a full fledged gen 2 remake, but we'll most likely end up getting a Let's Go version.. I think your roadmap looks along the lines of what they do now, a legends version, a Let's go or soft remake like BDSP, and then a new gen which will be a full main series game.

As for features, the Legends catching/pokeball throwing feature is what I always dreamed a Pokemon game should be since I was a child so that will definitely be awesome to see it come back. Although the main series games are moving in the perfect direction, with overworld pokemon encounters, I wouldn't change much.

Maybe a more engaging story line, bring back the evil teams like Team Rocket or Aqua/Magma, and have the old school storylines again. That was so much fun as opposed to this school stuff.
    I know people loved HGSS but I still think they could have fixed some things. Idk it felt just as unbalanced as the originals. I'm with you, I'd really like to see a full fledged gen 2 remake. This time add fairy type and less grindy. If that's possible.

I also hope they'll adapt more into the catching system of Legends Arceus. It was so much fun because I play games like MGS and my go to method for knocking out guards was tranqing the back of their heads. I now do the same with catching pokemon; sneak, throw pokeball at back of head, catch, success. It's so much fun. They kept some of that for Scarlet and Violet at least. Catch them off guard but not catch them. I feel like SV was their test game to see what direction they should go in. Definitely overworld pokemon, sneak and catch for me.

Pronouns
    She/Her
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    39/0
    Mentioned
    62 times
    Time Online
    11d 6h 40m
    Avg. Time Online
    4m
    Just give me my Black and White remakes already. I've been waiting for far too long.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Swablu For This Useful Post:

Alcremie (01-07-2024)

Pronouns
    they/them
    Userbars
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    125 times
    Time Online
    18d 1h 58m
    Avg. Time Online
    50m
    I want a good remake of ty the tasmanian tiger.. it would be so nice
    or Scaler!

Thanks to Houndoom for the Shinx drawing!
    Thanks to Great White North for the Shinx Ryu!
    Thanks to DankRUSE for the avatar and to Lyrichord for the userbars and tying it in to the avatar art!
    You all are amazing <3