Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you guys feel about Evangelion?

Pronouns
    She
    Userbars
    Thanks
    DL/UL
    31/0
    Mentioned
    419 times
    Time Online
    84d 21h 11m
    Avg. Time Online
    2h 8m
    (Takes a great intake of air)

I'm not a super fan of Evangelion but as someone with an older brother deciding what to see, seeing Evangelion years later again and much later making my husband watch it with me and seeing the movies, and looking for long video explanations on Youtube AND still forgetting all what I understood nowadays... Yeah, I kinda get the hype of the people.

Short answer: Mechas (humans) vs monsters known as "Angels", each angel with a different ability.

Long answer: I'm going to try to do this as simple as possible.

Adan (power) arrived first to Earth, and let his children (Angels = monsters) populate. This was fine until Lilith arrived to Earth too, this should have NEVER happened. Adan and Lilith can't coexist, this will bring chaos.

So Adan and angels went into hibernation mode. Lilith (knowledge) populate the planet with her children (humans). This is where the story takes place.

Humans as always like to mess up with powers, entities they shouldn't (they captured Adan and Lilith bodies, experiments, made mechas, mistreated the children I mean the pilots, blah blah blah...).

That's why angels started waking up and said "wtf we arrived first, let's get rid of those humans ". So war begins, only mechas can fight, only children can control the mechas.

In a simpler way that's the general plot.

Now add the personal, emotional, mental problems of the different characters + the fact that by making a dangerous mix (iirc Adan soul + Lilith soul + human + angel) you could make a god entity that grants you almost WHATEVER wish you want + greed/seek of power + partial/total destruction of the world (known as Impact, through the series we got maybe 4 or 5 very destructive Impacts).

Each Impact can "purify" (leave water/earth/zones innacessible for humans) or reboot the universe.

Anime = Starting point.
    1st movie = Seems a remake. But alas this is a reboot (thanks to an Impact)
    Next movies = More Impacts / Evolution of characters (yeah sorry they also suffer more, poor Rei )

And through the whole anime/movies psychological/metaphorical hints that would probably left you thinking wtf until you find a Youtube video explaining it xd

It's interesting when you want to sit down and analyze. Shinji exasperated me more than once but all the battles and enemies were enough to keep me getting back.

Amazingly I'm not a fan, I just enjoyed the hard deep explanations lol

~~ Shooting stars ~~

Many thanks to:

@(you need an account to see links) for the Wolf Ryu and @(you need an account to see links) for the Kousetsu puppy <)
    @(you need an account to see links) for my howling wolf and @(you need an account to see links) for my wolf pumpkin <3
    @(you need an account to see links) for my custom userbars and @(you need an account to see links) for the lovely popsicle/lycanroc bar ^^
    @(you need an account to see links) for my star puppy and @(you need an account to see links) for my Rockruff avatar :3

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:

billytiddles (01-04-2024),♥ Sneasel ♥ (01-04-2024)